Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,051 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanMarketing

Hosting/placement of 3D tours for clients2196

Chadcloses private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to market my services to restaurants. My questions are both from a client's perspective and from the perspective of marketing my services and brand name. If I embed the tour on the client's website will I still get the number of views their tour is getting from Matterport or Wordpress? Should I decide to subscribe to Wordpress? If I embed the tour on their website how do I do it in such a way to market myself and provide my contact information?

Thanks,
Chad
Post 1 IP   flag post
I have thought about negotiating with clients to see if they'd be willing to give me space on their website to market my services and a link to a webpage. Thoughts?
Post 2 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure I understand your question.
Matterport host the 3D tour. You pay for the hosting monthly. Your client pays you to "host" the tour for a period of time.

The only way for anyone to know who did the scan is to have your information somewhere on the tour, such as the presented by, or contact info, or description.

I'm not sure what you mean by " subscribe to wordpress "

Wordpress is a tool that makes building a website easier.
You would still need a domain, and Web hosting provider.
Post 3 IP   flag post
For instance, I'm a realtor, I insert a link in the MLS which takes the buyer/buyers agent to the matterport page to view the tour. Matterport then shows me how many views that model has received. If I embed the tour on another website do I lose that counter? If I create a personal webpage and direct the tour there will I still get the number of views?

Or, does it not matter how or where I place the tour because I will always get a view count because in the end they're still accessing Matterport's server to view the tour?

I hope that makes more sense.

Thanks,
Chad
Post 4 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
I understand.

The latter is true.
It does not matter where the tour is placed, your counter will continue to track it because it's accessing Matterports servers to view the tour.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thank you Carlos, that makes sense, but I wanted a definitive answer. I appreciate your help!!!

Chad
Post 6 IP   flag post
seanminor private msg quote post Address this user
Someone correct me if I am wrong but you could also put google analytics on the embed site so you can see how much traffic that page is receiving and then just do a little math?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all...thought I'd chime in here. Using WP3D Models you can easily embed your tours into your own pages (using WordPress) and then add a free Google Analytics (GA) plugin to get very granular in how you track traffic & usage of each Model you enter.

In version 2.1 of WP3D, we added a number of behind-the-scenes event tracking codes to help differentiate between which of your "views" are getting the most traffic. These (WP3D) views include: skinned (single property pages), standard, nobrand, fullscreen, fullscreen nobrand, and even those views that are coming from your custom client "embed" codes. All of this also comes with "real time" & new interests & demographics data.

Analyzing everything available inside GA is almost a career unto itself!

Hope this note and these features can help you guys out.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101628 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?