Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I recently did a pro bono scan of a new hotel here in Los Angeles, as a proof of concept. I wanted to show them that this would be a good marketing tool for them, in the hopes that it would lead to paid work down the line at other hotels.

I scanned 3 guest rooms as well as the hotel's public areas, and you can see them here:

http://www.3dinteriorscanning.com/residence-inn-lax.html

The guest rooms came out pretty well, except for my main complaint is that the dollhouse view doesn't let me zoom in far enough. I can grab and drag the model closer, but then it appears at the bottom of the window, so it's not optimal. (I'm writing Matterport support about this issue, too.)

This is especially important to me because I've got a paying gig next week to scan a bunch of trailers that are rented out to movie productions, for movie stars to relax in while they aren't filming. They are very small spaces, and I hope I can get around this limitation of the 3D Showcase for navigating small models.

Also, I know there are a LOT of issues with the model of the hotel's public spaces. I had to scan during the day when there were people in the lobby, and I'm actually pleased it came out as well as it did. Now that I did it, they are having me come back to redo a lot of it in the middle of the night when it will be empty.

Craig
Post 1 IP   flag post
Kracka60 private msg quote post Address this user
HI Craig

Nice scans.

think there is alot of potential in the hotel market.
Post 2 IP   flag post
JamieSher private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Craig,

Nice scans. Looking forward to seeing the 'stars' trailers I've experienced this too where the dollhouse is too far away or even just skewiffed right off to the side, almost like theres a scan 100ft/50m off the map and it's centring on the average of all points in space. I just choose to have people enter the model from the front door rather than the doll houseā€¦ but yeah i hope MP fixes.

Cheers,
Jamie.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
FYI, I got the response from Matterport for my ticket, and they acknowledge this as a bug they will ask the team to address. No immediately available solution or workaround, unfortunately. I'll update when I hear anything more from Matterport.

Craig
Post 4 IP   flag post
101600 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?