Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Giroptic 360Cam Spherical Camera -> Review2089

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

I have a free Giroptic 360Cam 360º Spherical Camera for a Matterport User Group Forum Member in exchange for doing a review in MUG Forum. The camera is still in its unopened, shrink-wrapped box. You may keep the camera. I will pay for shipping it to you.

I seek a MUG Member that will play with all the Camera features – still/video/time-lapse/slow motion and sharing – and write about it, including how the Giroptic 360Cam compares to at least one other 1-click 360º spherical photography solution that you used such as a:

✓ Ricoh Theta S
✓ Samsung Gear 360
✓ LG 360 CAM
✓ Bublcam
✓ 360Fly Action Camera
✓ Other?

If you would like to be considered for reviewing the Giroptic 360Cam for the Matterport User Group Forum community, please post to this MUG Forum thread by 5 pm EST Monday, 11 July 2016. Kindly include why I should pick you. Links to sample MUG Forum posts or reviews elsewhere - or other writing samples - would help me decide whom to select to write a review for the MUG Forum community.

I have known the Founder of Giroptic for many years and I have met with him and their development team (via Skype) in Europe about the Giroptic 360Cam I bought on Kickstarter.

The Founder sent me this additional Giroptic 360Cam ($499) at no charge.

Because of the above, I do not feel that I can write an objective review for the MUG Forum community.

Thank you,

Dan

P.S. Yes. I welcome 360º spherical cameras and related gear at no charge for review. Please PM for shipping instructions.

Video: Official Giroptic 360cam Promotional Videos

Post 1 IP   flag post
GeorgeK private msg quote post Address this user
I am curious if the software is similar to that for the Ricoh. Theta S. I would consider giving it a try and then sending it back to you after first impressions, so a second person could also review it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Dan, I'd like to be considered. I have a samsung gear 360 that we've been working with, testing, and using all the features as well as the gear VR and google cardboard to find the best solution not only for fun, but for our clients and the business.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GeorgeK

That is a possibility.

@CarlosFHdz

Thank you for letting me know.

All,

MUG Members have until 5 pm EST Monday, 11 July 2016 to post here if you are interested.

Giroptic sent me this example today (30 June 2016) of a Giroptic "mounted" on an eagle.

http://share.360.tv/play&f=UuM3QKep

If you review the camera, what interesting experience will you record to accompany your review for the MUG Forum community?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan!

Thanks for this opportunity we really appreciate it!
We would love to be considered to test out this exciting new camera! We as a company do more than just Matterport, we are a Google Trusted agency (the only one here in Auckland, New Zealand) and we are constantly trying to trial new and exciting technology. We want to be ahead of the pack here in NZ! We currently have the Ricoh Theta S, Samsung Gear 360 & a GoPro two camera fish eye rig, so we would be able to test it and provide feedback against all three cameras

Thanks Marcia and the Property3D team
Post 5 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan, the Netherlands insn't a option, i think. 😜

Grtz Rene.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi all,

Reminder ...

If you would like to be considered for reviewing the Giroptic 360Cam for the Matterport User Group Forum community, please post to this MUG Forum thread by 5 pm EST Monday, 11 July 2016. Kindly include why I should pick you. Links to sample MUG Forum posts or reviews elsewhere - or other writing samples - would help me decide whom to select to write a review for the MUG Forum community.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
CLE3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Dan!

Thanks for the opportunity for this. I would love to test out this camera as I have been testing out some different software solutions for putting tours together with the 360° cameras. I love being able to offer this to our customers so that we can show off both the interior, in 3D with the Matterport, as well as the exterior with a 360° cam. We have been using the Ricoh for about 6 months now and have delivered over 50 property tours now. I just ordered a Samsung Gear 360 and will be testing the LG and the Insta360 when it is available in the next couple of weeks. I am anxiously awaiting the Nikon KeyMission 360 as well whenever it makes itself available as well. I'd love to put out a review of each of these different cameras along with an actual tour of the same property with each of them as well. Thank you again and I'm excited to see everyone keep pushing the envelope with what is possible and be able to deliver the best possible content to our customers!
Post 8 IP   flag post
One more thing @DanSmigrod , if @GeorgeK is up for it, If I receive the camera, I can schedule a lunch with him to share the camera for a few days and get the Successful REALTOR® perspective then get it back to finish up the review, since we're both in San Diego.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CarlosFHdz @GeorgeK @CLE3D

Okay if I send the Giroptic to @GeorgeK to play with for 1-2 weeks and then gives it to @CarlosFHdz to play with for 1-2 weeks and then sends it to @CLE3D to play with for 1-2 weeks and then sends it back to @CarlosFHdz to keep?

This way, MUG Forum community gets the benefit of three different reviews of the Giroptic.

Okay?

@360Verbeelding @360Verbeelding

I have an idea about testing gear and will PM you later today.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
Sounds good to me, looking forward to seeing everyones thoughts. I'm actually pretty excited to try this out, not sure I like the giant bottom on it, but we'll see. If we like it though, maybe Dan can get us a deal on one? I saw its not supposed to start shipping retail until November? I'll probably be pretty settled into one of the cameras by then, but we'll always continue testing new and better equipment. any idea if there will be an open API we can use once this is actually available? @DanSmigrod Will you give your two cents after we've given ours?
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CLE3D Ricoh Theta S has an API. The Giroptic does not. Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
Cleveland, OH
Thanks, and ya, we're working with that one, that's why I wanted to ask. Enjoy the day!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks, I'm down with that.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CarlosFHdz

Great!

@GeorgeK

Please PM me your shipping details.

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
I had an ultra busy day yesterday. Sorry for the slow response but I have sent you the shipping instructions.

I look forward to getting it and then passing it along.

G.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@GeorgeK

Good news ...

The Giroptic camera is scheduled to arrive on your doorstep Tuesday (19 July 2016) via UPS. You will receive automatic updates via email from UPS.

The Giroptic Camera box is factory sealed in shrink-wrap if you care to do an unbox video (with your Ricoh Theta S, of course).

Thanks for playing with it and reviewing in the Matterport User Group Forum for your Matterpeeks in the community.

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
UPS Says it is on the way... I will see what I can do about doing a little video for it. I do make all my own videos for real estate.

Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GeorgeK

You were scheduled to receive the Giroptic camera today (Tuesday, 19 July 2016). Did you receive it?

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. I enjoyed the video
Post 19 IP   flag post
The Camera arrived setting up to do a unboxing video.. Get ready for first impressions..

George
Post 20 IP   flag post
101436 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?