Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ProblemsScans

Scans show up in wrong room2075

mk4au private msg quote post Address this user
Two identical bedrooms with full baths share a common wall off of a large room. Facing the doorways you would enter the BR on the left, the bath would then be on the left, then walk into the room. Again, facing the doorways you would enter the BR on the right, the bath would then be on the right, then walk into the room. I scanned the room on the right first then the room on the left. With one scan left in the center of that left bedroom, the scan didn't show up on the iPad.

I am not exaggerating - I scanned that room 6 times. Yes, six! I turned off the camera and iPad. Exited Capture app and back on. Moved the camera to different positions. It was after the 3rd time that I finally noticed the scans were appearing in the bedroom on the right. So I went back out into the large room and scanned the room again and it finally worked. I just planned to hide all those extra scans in Workshop.

It doesn't matter how I hide scans, when you click on one in the bedroom on the left, it will take you into the next room. Yes, through the wall! And, for some reason, it's hard going into the bathroom on the right.

Any thoughts on why this happened? Any suggestions on how to fix it? And how to keep it from happening again?

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@mk4au

So we can all see what you are looking at, can you:

1. share the link?
2. take screen grabs of the mini-map showing your scans and upload here too?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
Are there mirrors involved?
Post 3 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
Are the rooms identical, or a mirror image of one another? I've had a similar problem on a could of occasions and had to make sure there was something in a different position in each of the rooms so the alignment wouldn't get mixed up.
Post 4 IP   flag post
No mirrors in the bedroom on left. The room is completely empty.
In the room on the right there is an antique dresser with a small mirror and it backs up to the wall separating the bedrooms. The 2 bathrooms each have a wall mirror, probably 30". These rooms do not share a wall.
Post 5 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
The only thing I can think of is, make sure your mirrors are marked correctly. Having them backwards can cause all kinds of weirdness.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan. This is the Matterport Space, and the rooms in question are upstairs. I will share iPad photos in a few minutes.

Post 7 IP   flag post

In the photo, the large room is at the bottom and scan 70 is looking into the two bedrooms. All (most) of the scans showing up in the cluster in the bedroom on the right were done close to the center of the bedroom on the left where I finally was able to get scans 99 and 100.

Thank you for taking a look.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you John. Yes the rooms are mirror image but the one on the left has no furniture and the one on the right has a couple pieces. Come to think of it though, the bathrooms are identical, and mirrors are marked.
Post 9 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Did you complete your trim lines, I only see short trim line.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@ron0987, thanks, that's a thought, but the scans were not showing up in the correct place way before trim lines were necessary.
Post 11 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
you had a low overlap notice you ignored, thats where it rotated the left room from your mini map and placed the it in between both of them.

find the stand point that landed in the wrong place and removed it after duplicating the model several times.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@CarlosFHdz,

Thank you for a very detailed answer. I don't remember a low overlap notice but #78 is the first scan that is in the wrong place so I will delete it first and go from there. I'll update you guys tomorrow. Thanks again.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@CarlosFHdz,

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! I deleted the scans that took it upon themselves to place themselves wherever they wanted, uploaded it again, and it works! Why didn't I think of that?!!

I'll buy you the cold one!

Thanks again.
Post 14 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Glad it worked out.
Post 15 IP   flag post
101646 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?