Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Technically speaking. . .1934

APN private msg quote post Address this user
I need help in directing me to a source or having someone on this forum technically explain how the mp camera works. I have a meeting with a large corporation and would like to understand more on the technical side. From reading this forum on a regular basis my understanding is I can create a scan of a room, send it to Matterport and they will give me a file that can be used with google cardboard or any virtual reality glasses? Has anyone done this? Also the .obj format can be imported into photoshop, then what? Sorry for so many questions but this is an important meeting for me. Feel free to pm me also. Thanks!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
jscottsmith private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, OBJ can only be imported into 3D modeling programs (MAX, Cinema4D, SketchUp, etc) - not image editing programs like Photoshop. It's neat, but don't let them build any hopes or dreams on that because its use is quite limited.

I'll let others weigh in on the rest.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Do you really need to go into technical detail in a meeting?
I find when I get technical, especially with agents, you lose them.
I'd focus more on how the technology can differentiate them from their competition.

What kind of corporation is it? What do you need to explain?
Post 3 IP   flag post
APN private msg quote post Address this user
The corporation is [redacted], meeting with Director of Media Services, a member from [redscted] Medicene and a 3D animator. From my brief emails with them they're looking to get a room scanned but I am going to assume they will want to know the limits of Matterport files and the security of having them on the server under my account. They have already spoken with Matterport who gave them my name.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Ok. I get the same kind of security questions when I do work for movie companies, especially when people are trying to scoop photos of a set.

The obj file is fairly basic, but depending on what you intend to do with it. For security option I'd be sending them the obj files directly.
I've done some work for a medical University as well. I'd make sure there was no major wifi interference as well.
Another option would be to have them open an account with MP and host their own. Only issue there will be the account fee
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@APN

MUG Forum Thread about how the camera works. Watch the video...
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/thread/10

Good luck with your meeting..

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?