Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcasebugCapture 2.xNavigationProblems

Issues with the new capture update183

Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone having issues with the new capture app leaving big holes everywhere? I've completely missed parts of several rooms, and the mesh now looks terrible. Almost what it looked like when it first started. Anyone else getting this?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Nah mate, we have done a few models since with none of that. Is it on the mini-map or post production or both?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
I used it the other day and actually came up with the cleanest model I've ever done. Of course, it was a vacant house, so that helped immensely.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Just on the mesh view
It's actually pulled in part of a another room and placed it inside an area. All of a sudden a room has 2 doors in there.
Part of the stairs are missing as well and it stops you walking up them. Very strange

Post 4 IP   flag post
Ahhhh, did have something similar a while back as a result of direct sunlight...
Post 5 IP   flag post
yeah it's strange. happened all over the house as well. It reminds me of how it looked when I first used it
Post 6 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
Hmmm, I've never found a use for the mesh view. What am I missing?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I use it with floor plans. Easier to walk around as well
Apart from that, it's fairly useless
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamie

Seems like direct sunlight may have caused the hole in the mesh.

The sunlight absorbs the infrared so that the infrared readers see nothing.

I hope you will share this with Matterport support and report back here ...

In an earlier version of the Capture app -- while capturing at night with moonlight -- I noticed scans that randomly ended up on the mini-map. Since then, I always look to see that the scans show up where I expected them to.

If you used trim tools, please upload the mini-maps of these to view. I have had problems where I incorrectly placed window trim, for example, and had to fix and reprocess.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hey Dan

Yep already reported to Matterport. There are numerous other holes in areas throughout the model without direct sunlight. Very strange, haven't had that problem before. The whole scan (mesh and doll house) ended up very crappy actually. Even trying to turn it around and look through the sides as normal wasn't working.
I tested with older models and everything else was working fine.
Will update if support comes back with anything
Post 10 IP   flag post
Bryn private msg quote post Address this user
We had a pretty serious alignment issue. We couldn't turn a corner on a stairway with a big window on the wall. Maybe related to IR/Direct Sunlight but after two hours trying to get it to connect to the rest of the home it was pretty dark and it shouldn't have been an issue. We had to do two scans of the house. A separate one for the basement
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Bryn
Make sure you let support know so they don't charge you for 2 scans. I've had that problem as well, pain in the ass
Post 12 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
On the stairway image, did you do a second scan at the base of the stairs? It might be that you have moved that scan to the next floor and it just isn't including it in the mesh. just a thought.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Bryn private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @ccctucker I'l run that past our technician. We ran it thought support as well.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Kracka60 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys

Think I have the same issue here in a few areas of the project I just did recently.

Could I get some feedback as to what may have caused this? The main problem is that the upstairs outdoor bbq area is transparent in certain areas plus the sink in the upstairs laundry allows you to see thru it to the downstairs room.

The upper level was scanned as upstairs and there were no alignment issues inside the house.

Link : https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=CV3JUfyTqW2

Thanks in advance
Kal
Post 15 IP   flag post
Looks like a textbook lighting issue Kal...as for the sink, the scan processes shiny metallic objects as if they weren't there. I'm up at the moment so feel free to call me if you'd like to discuss further.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101429 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?