Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BatteriesOpen Camera

Opening our MP camera1810

360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, we are going to open up our camera this weekend.
Very curious what we will find. There is a bit of play when camera is rotating. Need to check this. And fix it.

Happy scanning,
Grtz Rene
Post 1 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
Be sure to have a cage ready for the squirrel.
Post 2 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Please keep us informed either by taking a video of the process or snapping loads of pictures. Looking forward to the discovery and good luck.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Zephyr Cove, NV
Maria private msg quote post Address this user
I was hoping to see this on iFixit.com, but I'll be equally excited to see what you discover. Perhaps there is room for improvement or hints at what they may have intentionally left room for to be included in the next generation.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
CathieRasch private msg quote post Address this user
Have fun! Let us know if we can help. I'm a real estate agent, my husband operates my camera.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Shane private msg quote post Address this user
Video show and photos please. I love pulling things apart to see how they work. My Matterport is probably the only thing I haven't looked inside of. Can't wait.
Post 6 IP   flag post
mwaychoff private msg quote post Address this user
So has no one else done this before?

My guess we will discover three three year old prime sense sensors, small circuit board, solid state storage device, power supply, lcd cable, wifi hotspot, rotator mechanism, and not much else. I think when we purchase camera we are paying for right of passage to enter Matterport ecosystem not paying so much for actual electronics & craftmanship. My gut says we are paying more for past R&D & perhaps present stitching software hosting. Although monthly subscription and per model upload goes towards that last tech as well. In end I have always felt camera is overpriced for what it physically is. Perhaps you will discover something more to story.

I am interested in if version two hardware will based on orbbec3d.com instead.
Post 7 IP   flag post
360Verbeelding private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, just opend up the camera. And found that the bold that hold the turning axle had a little bit of play. was a easy fix. So job done.

To mwayChoff i would like to say, your way off with your assumptions. Its a well build camera. There is no reason for MP to look fore a new sensor array like the one from orbbec3d. They use a the same IR and laser sensor. You have two options regarding the cameras, VGA or 720p. They cost 150 US or 250 US. Not realy something new under the sun. I don't know if you own a MP camera but your may have your own opinion.

To all my Matterport friends, if your interested how the camera looks inside take a look at the pictures in this treat, "Looking inside of the MP camera".

Happy scanning.
Grtz, Rene.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
See related thread by @360Verbeelding ...

What's Inside the Matterport Camera

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
mwaychoff private msg quote post Address this user
re: "There is no reason for MP to look fore a new sensor array like the one from orbbec3d"

Prime Sense got bought by Apple and there is no guarantee that sensor will be available going forward. Orrbec3D sensor is slightly higher resolution, precision, & accuracy.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10