Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advicehelp

How to present Matterport to large groups?1805

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
A MUG Member writes (and gave me an okay to post anonymously ....

----

I've been trying to get in to a former colleague's business meeting to present to his agents for some time. He finally came out and told me yesterday that he wasn't impressed with my presentation that I had given at his regional manager's meeting.

That explains the hesitancy these past few months!

I was wondering if you might share with me what you give when you are presenting to large groups.

I've basically just used three examples of different types of virtual tours beginning with explaining the basic Ken Burns effect, to the 360 camera on a tripod version and finally touching on the full-blown videographer. I then go to the Dollhouse and get in to what Matterport does.

I have to admit I've wanted something better but just am not sure what to do?

Would you be able to help me? This is a huge deal.

Thanks,

[redacted]

---

How do you suggest that I reply?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
3Dwalkmethru private msg quote post Address this user
I think the product speaks for itself, you should focus on how you are going to make them more efficient and make their listings stand out and all this will add up to more sales and leads. This is a "must have" in today's market.

I also learned less is more so keep it short and to the point and remember sales people like to hear about how they can make more $$$
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I tell other REALTORS® how it can deeply impress the Seller and lead to word-of-mouth referrals through them because even though they have lived in that house for 2 years/5 years/20 years/However long.... you are able to show them their OWN HOME in a way they've never seen it before. I'm talking, of course, about the dollhouse display. The same simply can't be said with still photography.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Hi [Real Estate Agent / Business Owner Name] You will buy a few new websites before you stop using your first scan. This has no shelf life, is more viral than any other media, showcases you as a premium marketing agent and more.

It takes someone at least ten minutes to walk through a house and leave if they don't like it and will spend longer if they do. By having this there are several ways your clients see your marketing has potential buyers spending more time on their property. 24/7 open house. Marketing it right you can use this for those that want to go to an open house in the area but can't. Studies show that when they view it at their home or office they spend longer viewing it. The more they view, the more others with pictures and one sided video (the client cant experience it spatially like they do with this) get forgotten.

It gets shared more with family and friends all over the world so its as if they are all there. This adds value to the decision making process.

When they are shown properties by an agent they may see 4 or 5 that day. The one with this in a brochure they take with them gets seen again and again ....shared with family and friends all over the world and discussed as the other properties without it get forgotten.

If you farm a market and have a few scans of that hard to get into developement dominated by someone else that doesn't use this? you will get into that market easier. Then after the house sells you keep collecting other listings in the farmed market and create a gallery page (with Dan's connection to the powerful WP3DModels software) that showcases the different layouts of homes available. Then sprinkle some testimonials on the page of how you sold their home better and add a "get on my pre sale list" and you have a marketing system for years to come.

You will be perceived as a premium agent using this. You will get more buyers and sellers and selling them will take less effort as it screens the looky loos.

The family with the newborn and cat and dog will appreciate you uprooting their life less because only serious buyers are coming.

When more people spend time viewing your marketing with me the more the search engines give credit to the pages they are on. With my help I can show you how to get these scans show up on the search engines.

[Real Estate Agent / Business Owner Name] these are just a few of many things I can help you achieve.

If you think this is just a scan like people perceive throwing pictures into a machine to make them move and call it a "Virtual Tour"? then you are missing the real benefits of the marketing I can help you with.

This is not just a scan and you will continue to use it and make money off of it for years to come.

-----------
does that help?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
Speaking as a broker, agents are tied to their existing methods using photography and to a lesser extent, video, as well as to their network of photographers and videographers.

And I think they are skeptical, and maybe even offended, of claims that a technology, rather than their own expertise, networking and skills, will result in more sales and more listings.

There is an adage that a home will sell itself--it just needs to be seen by the right buyer. Getting the right buyer, and just as importantly, getting the house in front of the largest possible audience to find more 'right buyers' who will bring in the highest price, is the challenge.

Matterport is probably the best technology to fulfill this need, allowing the most people possible to see the entire property. Anyone, anywhere can walk the entire property--they do not need to travel, drive or fly, to view the property, but can make a much better informed decision if it's worth their time than they can by just viewing selected photos. This will allow people at a distance to make better decisions, stronger decisions, whether this is a property they want to spend time inspecting on site.

IMHO, this is probably the best selling point for the MP.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Mikesobay

Since the house will sell, are agents and brokers motivated by tools that help sell listings faster or winning the listing?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
The house will sell, when it is matched to the buyer that is out there someplace. Those buyers need to be aware of the property.

Yes, if agents can be convinced the tools will extend their reach to a larger pool of potential buyers in ways that will enhance the exposure of the property. I can't speak for all agents, of course, but that is my assessment.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
I have found it better to not speak...just show. Then answer questions.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Cabrahams private msg quote post Address this user
Okay so I am the anonymous member. Thus far my presentation has been pretty straight forward. I have five tabs open on my browser and I go from one to the next:
1) Your basic Ken Burns effect version which I explain being the very basic w static images.
2) A local company that has as one of their offerings the 360°view which consists of a DSLR on top of a tripod that spins around.
3) A full blown videographer tour which is expensive and typically reserved for the high-end listings.
4) I finally open a Matterport tour and go through everything about it. I touch on the ability to include a linear floor plan, images (though I admit that their not hi-res and not as good as when I shoot them), etc.
5) Bonus tab in which I show the Altman Brothers Vimeo.

This has always been a good presentation in my mind that would always elicit good questions. However, the response from my former manager colleague has given me pause which made me ask the question to Dan.

I'm not really asking for reasons as to why Matterport is better, I get that. Rather I'm looking for a much better, polished presentation approach.

Thanks,

Charlie
Post 9 IP   flag post
Santa Barbara
Lizzg private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Charlie,

I would focus on what you are offering, an immersive and viewer controlled, first person home tour. I would not spend a moment referring to or showing the other methods. You're not un selling, you're selling.

Present your product! I once listened to a horse trainer of some fame spend 15 minutes of his presentation talking about other trainers and their not as good methods. That was all I had to hear, for me, he lost all credibility.

Good luck! This is a fantastic product.

Liz
Post 10 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
I am of of those who believes that "every house will sale for the right price". Probably, spending so much time among Realtors, one develops some cynicism about almost all the reasons outside price regarding Real Estate marketing.
I might be all wrong in my beliefs, however, presenting Matterport to Realtors I learned that the best Materport customers are not those Realtors who think that this technology will help them sell the house faster or for more money (although I say this in every presentation) but those who are constantly thinking how to get the next listing, how to separate themselves from the competition, how to convince the seller that by hiring them the house will be seen by more potential buyers.
Gus
Post 11 IP   flag post
101429 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?