Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMarketing

Marketing idea that's working for me1789

Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to share a Marketing effort I've been doing since the start of the year that I think has been quite successful for me.

I contacted a local Realtor group that meets weekly and then tours the week's new listings. I offered to give the group one free scan each week for 6 months. We decided to give the first property submitted for the meeting the free tour, both to encourage people to submit them early and to give me extra time to schedule and complete the scans.

It's very affordable for me. All I pay for is the Matterport upload fee, and I'm not committing to more than one free one a week, so I don't have to worry about getting bombarded by a million realtors like you might get if you just offered all realtors a free first scan. Because the free tour is offered in conjunction with the organization, it helps get me taken seriously. If I just send out blind emails to realtors, I generally get no response.

In exchange, I get mentioned at every meeting by the organizers, and I post each week's free tour on their Facebook page. I also ask the week's free tour winner to mention me by name as well, when they are pitching the property to the group.

I've gotten quite a lot of business from this effort.

It's nice because it focuses on agents with listings, and gives lots of different agents the chance to try out the technology. It also lets me show the technology on a variety of properties. Most agents kind of want to save Matterport for higher-end listings (with higher commisions and marketing budgets!) but it's been nice doing smaller condos and properties in rougher shape and seeing how buyers respond.

The meeting organizers have also been very happy with this arrangement. They want to add value to the group to encourage participation and attendance, and they say they've gotten positive feedback about it.

When I first started my business, I sponsored a week's meeting, which gave me the opportunity to speak to the group and give a presentation for about 15 minutes, but that was quite expensive. I had to provide breakfast for about 150 people, so that was a lot of expense up front. This way of engaging that group has been practically free for me (in terms of cash expenditure, if not time) and has generated more business.
Post 1 IP   flag post
lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
@craigsauer great idea! I'm going to try this also. Thank you for sharing it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
kenangiguere private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for sharing!
Post 3 IP   flag post
BarrieFisherPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing, it's very helpful.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
How do they decide who gets the free one?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
@Jamie, each week they give it to the first person who submits a property for the week's tour. That way I can usually get it done in time for the week's meeting.

Also, while I'm clarifying stuff: sometimes someone doesn't want to use the Matterport tour for the one they submitted for the tour. Usually for reasonable reasons like they already have an offer on the property or they've got a better listing coming up the next week. I'm pretty flexible on letting them use their "free 3D tour" on a future tour.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Good idea.
I tried a similar approach last year and had only a limited success.
Maybe time to give it another go with a twist like yours. Nice work mate
Post 7 IP   flag post
dorlando private msg quote post Address this user
Great idea. We joined a couple of local Real Estate Boards as affiliate members and have marketing a giveaway through email, it's been going well. This is an excellent idea to implement after our first giveaway from that effort and use the boards to get the word out. Thanks Craig.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Noel private msg quote post Address this user
@craigsauer great idea and thanks for sharing.
Post 9 IP   flag post
txgreg66 private msg quote post Address this user
One caveat to "free" (ie food you had to buy) is to say "The first house is tour is $1000 and here is a gift certificate for $1000. Now the expectation is that your time & services do cost something.

Second, is can you ask for the agent to give you a bio? I would do this for somebody doing regular listings, but not for the newbie.

Third, with the tour you can now reach out to buyers agents and they an impressive tool (the tour URL link) to show to existing clients and to market in a unique way.

Good stuff.
Greg S
eXp Realty
Realtor(r)
Post 10 IP   flag post
101432 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?