Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceScanning

Adding to existing scan1777

rkeefe91 private msg quote post Address this user
Can someone educate me on how MP views edits to an existing scan? My understanding is that you can edit and re-upload the same model as many times as necessary.

1. Does that include rescanning rooms (and deleting the old scans from that room)?
2. How about adding a new floor to an existing model?
Post 1 IP   flag post
kenangiguere private msg quote post Address this user
I've rescanned a whole section of a house, - I deleted the scans I wasn't happy with (lighting issue)and rescanned those rooms. I wasn't charged for those changes. I haven't tried adding a second floor, but I imagine you wouldn't be charged, unless it was a matter of 100 scans originally, then going over that tier. You may get charged for a second 100 scans.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Ken is correct, I redone a large section of a home, also not happy with lighting, did not go over the 100 scans and had no problem and no additional charges.

Ron
Post 3 IP   flag post
sshannon private msg quote post Address this user
I just recently tried this for the first time (deleted some scans of unfinished rooms the seller didn't want included). I assumed when I uploaded it again it would update the existing model but it looks like it created a new one instead. No idea if I was "charged" for it or not.

Is that how it's supposed to work? Upload changes creates a new model then you delete the old one?
Post 4 IP   flag post
rkeefe91 private msg quote post Address this user
I had the same experience as sshannon. Two models now with the same name. No idea if it charged me for an extra...
Post 5 IP   flag post
kenangiguere private msg quote post Address this user
Also, once you upload your changes, it will create a new model in your Matterport account, so you will have two models - before and after. If you have given a model url to a client, you will have to give them the new url of the updated model, unless you are using a 3rd party display product.
Post 6 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I posted this model in a different thread, but it seems relevant here. I shot the main house and uploaded the model on a Tuesday and then came back out on Friday morning and added in the 2 balconies and the separate 2 story carriage house. I was not charged for the processing of the second model.

Before

After
Post 7 IP   flag post
michelg private msg quote post Address this user
hello

May be this can help ?

https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/208369698-How-many-times-can-I-edit-and-re-upload-Does-it-cost-extra-
Post 8 IP   flag post
101736 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?