Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceOutdoors

Apartment balcony Scans1772

Viewtech3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding outside balcony scans for apartments.
I took several scans on the balcony which give good scan and photo coverage (no direct sunlight) but when viewing at the balcony into the apartment the brick wall does not go down and is fragmented.
I have attached link below.

Any ideas on how to improve? The balcony looks better in than out as i have deleted all balcony scans on the last upload.

Any help greatly appreciated

Richard

Post 1 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Can you post a screen shot from the capture app? It will help in trouble shooting if we have more information.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi Jon, I have deleted the scans to remove outside balcony shots now but I did not mark any features from inside to outside
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Viewtech3D

Tip for "adding windows" to out door patios.

Use the "window" trim tool.

Dan

Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan. So if scans are outside on balcony you can still mark them as window. Will you still be able to navigate from inside to outside?
I did not mark anything and the brick wall on the outside does not drop down and becomes fragmented . I have deleted scans now so cannot amend. Would marking windows solve this?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I noticed if you try and trim and you have scans outside of the trim then the scan does not delete.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@Viewtech3D Good old Joondalup! I used to be a real estate photographer for ABC Photosigns over there! Lol

Anywho as Dan was saying I mark all views off decks/patios as a window so it looks great in the model. Also a couple of other comments - you have some extra scans where you have gone low as well as high - disable the low ones. Also roll up the toilet paper! Its the little details that count! Lol

Have you ever contact James Yeoman - he deals in apartments - he maybe a great client if likes MP!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hi Thanks for the advice and the contact I will look into that.
With regard to lower shots they were for the still internal shots however I cant delete them now as I used them in the Gallery.
I should have saved the original scan as I have now deleted balcony scans in capture, but in future if I label door to balcony as window it should give a better image when looking back onto the apartment? It was the brick wall I was concerned with.
Thanks
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?