Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Marketing

Matterport Pros: Wiggle Room in Your Pricing1762

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers,

Real estate agents negotiate all day long helping their clients buy and sell homes.

No matter what your pricing, expect the negotiations to begin.

Have you left yourself wiggle room in your pricing?

For many of you, the answer is likely to be "no" based on a quick review of some of the 75 pricing pages of Pros found in the Guide to Matterport Service Provider Pricing (curated by We Get Around). (PM me by 1 June 2016 for a free 30 day pass to the Guide.)

Even if you already include discounts for ...

✓ size of listings
✓ number of listings
✓ frequency of listings

... still expect to hear, "Can you do better?"

And, before you drop your pricing, think about how you could add value such as:

✓ 2D schematic floor plans
✓ "iPad video"
✓ Single Property Website
✓ FLY-IN 3D Video
✓ .GIFs
✓ Custom URL (such as www.403RivercliffPoint.com)

For example, 2D floor plans may have a perceived value of $95 and cost you $29.95 from Blue-Sketch.

You will find these added-value solutions – and more - in the Matterport 3rd Party Solutions Directory (also curated by We Get Around).

How have you responded to a read estate agent asking for a discount?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
People always want a "win" so they want to feel like they talked you into a better price than you would of gave the next person. Remember value added add-ons that have no cost to you. Let's say you offer them the option for room measurements for free or 25 still images or even matter tags. These may be something you could show on the website or prices sheet with a price of $x.xx but if you schedule with me today I'll throw them in for free. That's a savings of $100.00. Don't move your bottom line instead build in value to something that cost you nothing extra.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I lurk here, and I do not currently offer Matterport scans... we are currently focused (no pun intended) on high quality still images and virtual tours.

We do not discount. We have run a couple special offers for first timers only.

If you plan on scaling your business in the future I would strongly suggest that you stick to your price menu. Volume requires standardization. If you are doing 10, 20, 30 jobs a week... how can your support staff POSSIBLY keep track of all the wheeling and dealing you have made with every single customer? They can't! And when your whole team gets tied up in knots with "Special deals and bonus freebies"... you'll wish you'd stuck to your menu pricing.

If your price is too high, just lower the menu!
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Expertise

Thank you for joining the MUG Forum and your post.

It's a great example of cross-pollination.

If a Pro does offer pricing based on ...

✓ size of listings
✓ number of listings
✓ frequency of listings

... creating a pricing grid can get super-confusing.

Nearly all our Members are not as busy as they would like to be. And, while I am the first to shout from the rooftops – "add value before cutting price" – the reality is that many of our Members like to offer discounts for size, number and frequency and publish these prices.

Since real estate agents will ALWAYS ask - and demand - "Is that the best that you can do?" Pros that leave no wiggle run will not be able to play the game.

It's easier said than done to say, "We do not discount." For example, if a client offered to "buy you out" on all Tuesdays and Wednesdays whether or not they have work for you, would you be willing to discount in exchange for weekly recurring revenue?

If your pricing is already rock bottom on your website, you do not have the wiggle room to accept a great offer.

Still want to stick with "If your price is too hight, just lower the menu!"?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
We took our first photo job for pay 18 months ago, we do 25/30 per week now. We will do 50/week by the end of the year. For us, simplicity and quality are paramount.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
25/30 scans a week!! holly smokes. We are only 2 months old now as a company and I was excited that we get 2-3 a week right now. I hope we can scale like you did. Some pointers would be great. What is everyone else doing on a average week?
Post 6 IP   flag post
101587 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?