Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBuy

Buying a Camera in the UK1743

JamieK private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All

Just signed up today, I'm an Estate Agent in the UK and I'm looking to harness this awesome technology.
It seems to be really difficult to get hold of a camera direct via Matterport in that you have to use a my.us account in order to get them to ship one to you.

Does anyone have any advice on how to buy? Is this the best/only way to purchase one of the cameras?

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

J
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Welcome Jamie...

Used Matterport Camera Wanted in the UK advert:
https://app.moonclerk.com/pay/mb0vlkr9901

Related MUG Forum thread about international shipping ...
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/97/international-shipping-of-matterport-camera/

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Jamie

Are you mainland UK

Mark
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure every country is different.

I live in Canada and because Matterport doesn't ship internationally, I initially tried using an outfit called comGateway/Gateway Express which sets up a U.S. address for you in Portland, Oregon and then re-ships your merchandise to you. This just cost me time and money though because it was over the value threshold of what they would re-send without requiring ridiculous info (Example, they required Matterport's Tax ID which the company for obvious reasons wouldn't send)

I ended up having to forward the camera from Portland to a Customs Brokerage service which I should've used in the first place.

Either that, or I should have just flown to California to pick up the camera. Would've probably cost the same price as my transport/duties fees!
Post 4 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Jamie,

You may find it being very time consuming on top of fulfilling the duties of an agent. Doing the scans, rendering and customizing each project is quite tedious.

I lived in the UK for 16 years and have thought of providing this service over there. I am contemplating buying another camera and employing someone to have a branch of my business in the UK.

Only problem, you estate agents gets paid very little commission so the service may not be warranted.
Post 5 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Jamie,

The only way to purchase a camera is to either use one of the many US companies that act as a US receiver/freight forwarder. The only problem with this is you have to pay them a fee on top of the cost of the camera for handling and shipping. In addition you’ll have to pay the 20% VAT not just on the cost of the camera but the cost of shipping which is around $300.

The other option is if you have friends or family in the States have the camera shipped to them and they can then ship it to you.

If you want to discuss this further just PM me.

Good luck and let us all know what you decide to do.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you everyone for your welcome!

I'm going to meet a fellow member here today to purchase one of their surplus Cameras.

Looking forward to getting to grips with this awesome technology!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hi all I'm now officially in the Matterport club but I'm having some trouble sorting an account out for hosting! How fast are the support people usually in setting up new accounts?

Thanks in advance

Jamie
Post 8 IP   flag post
101437 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?