Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Hoping for a quick answer without having to bother Ross - I have my Skinned WP3D page for my client and they want to put that on facebook. Copying and pasting the link into facebook doesn't work and the embed code doesn't work for this. How is this done? Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
They want a thumbnail and info about the listing to show up. Right now when they paste the link, all that shows up is my company name
Post 2 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @pixelray - I'm here! Do you mind sharing the link you're trying to post? You can PM me if you don't want it to be public yet.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Im guessing this answer will also help me post to my business facebook page too b/c I am having the same issues. Thanks as always for your prompt help!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Actually...I think I found which model you're working on.

So, for the record here (this comes up semi regularly) Facebook creates a very strong cache of shared pages (unrelated to WP3D Models) when they are discovered/shared for the first time. This usually works great, but becomes problematic when something about that page changes after the cache was created.

I believe this is currently what was happening in this case and thankfully, this is pretty easy to remedy.

Remember, this is unrelated to WP3D Models and this solution applies to ANYTHING you might want to share on Facebook.

So, if the content that pops up in your Facebook share window appears to be wrong, or has changed...try clearing the Facebook information with this tool:

https://developers.facebook.com/tools/debug/

In the field provided, you'll enter the link that you're trying to share, then click the "Debug" button.

Likely you'll see the wrong info presented (as was the case with @pixelray's model). You should also see a timestamp that shows when the information was last scraped. Use the "Scrape Again" button to request that Facebook goes back and looks for new information.

I've found that you may need to repeat this process a time or two and even give it a few minutes (maybe even 10-15) to clear everything out.

Once you've followed these steps, try Sharing the original URL again and hopefully you'll find that the correct information is available.

And...going forward, try not to share a URL (or a WP3D Model) until it is fully formed and ready to go!

Hope this helps WP3D Models customers...and anyone else suffering from the a similar Facebook sharing issue.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
It worked for me! Guessing that means it will work for my client! Fantastic! Thanks Ross!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Sweet...glad to hear it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101733 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?