Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceGearReal Estate

Showing tour on a smart TV1695

Conor private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
Searched and couldn't find info on forum here, only on equipment, if so I'd be grateful for a thread link... I have a client REal estate agent who wants to show the tour to his clients in their offices on a smart TV and needs advice in buying one. I would be grateful for any tips:
1. is this a good idea, or better to invest in a ipad pro and let client fiddle around with the showcase? They are really high end market, so I think the idea is to do the work for the client and direct them around showcase via remote control
2. Will there be resolution issues if showcase image is blown up?
3. Any recommendations on smart TVs for showing - I have an LG that would be really good.

thanks guys
Conor
www.eu3D.com.br
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I've done a few tests with MP on large displays. I think touch panels offer a great experience, but they are not cheap:

At home, I just tried beaming a MP model from my iPad to my TV using Apple TV. It works fine, but the aspect ratio of the iPad differs from the one of the screen, therefore the image doesn't fill the entire frame. Doable but not ideal.

I suppose showcasing a model on an iPad Pro will work very well. The client touches the screen, they feel in control and the display is high res and beautiful.

Last resort, you can use projectors, like we did in this video :-)
Post 2 IP   flag post
jscottsmith private msg quote post Address this user
As a test I just Chromecasted from my phone to my non-smart Vizio. Worked great. Cheap option too.
Post 3 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I used a 60 inch screen for a trade show that was connected to my laptop via hdmi cable and the picture was great. No issues with resolution and very eye catching.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Great thanks guys, I appreciate the useful info!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Have just gone back to my client and they are interested in buying a 4K TV which is ultra HD - 2840x2160 - would this be a bit too far???
Post 6 IP   flag post

Post 7 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
I would think so, as the resolution of the video source is not sufficient to take advantage of the 4k display.
Post 8 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
We did a presentation to an architect association on a 70"Sharp Big Pad. Everybody loves it. I strongly recommend it.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks!
Post 10 IP   flag post
101436 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?