There are 101 Uses for Matterport. If you feel like you are starting to compete with other Pros in your market for residential real estate agents and brokers, know that there is a big, blue ocean of potential clients (that your competitors are likely not pursuing).

And, be patience. New business development is often about planting seeds.

Earlier today (27 April 2016), I planted seeds.

I was a guest speaker at the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) Georgia Chapter.

Last month, I participated in an IREM idea exchange round-table (tech table).

To begin, I gave a demo of Matterport VR to an attendee that had heard of VR, but not experienced it.

Because I got there early, I was able to pre-quality a great volunteer:

✓ enthusiastic, and works for an Atlanta property management ✓ company that: a) seeks investors for large, commercial real estate deals, and b) seeks tenants for properties they manage

After having the volunteer describe to the audience his first-time VR experience, I asked these questions:

Q: Do you have out-of-town investors?
A: Yes!
Q: Would this VR experience help raise money with these investors?

Q: Do you have out-of-town decision makers for commercial leases?
A: Yes.
Q: Would this VR experience help these decision makers say yes faster?

Q: Do you have potential tenants tour spaces and get confused about which spaces they visited all in one day?
Q: Would this VR experience help these potential tenants remember their property?

Q: Do you ever have potential tenants tour spaces, but decide the space was not right for them?
Q: Would this VR experience help pre-quality potential tenants so that on-site visits are pre-sold on the space?

We Get Around Associate Photographer and Architect @YairYepez joined me for the Q&A portion of the program.

While there are many benefits of Matterport 3D and VR experiences, I was laser-focused on just three benefits:

✓ getting investors
✓ leasing spaces
✓ leasing spaces faster

As an IREM continuing education class, it was not meant to be a biz dev meeting. That said, I was handed business cards and asked to follow-up.

A plus for the day? The first speak talked about leadership, including the importance of learning about innovative new technology.

What else? Have you met with:

✓ commercial real estate companies
✓ property management companies

... if so, what's been your experience?

Best,

Dan