Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceAirbnbMarketingScanningVacasaVRBO

Tours on VRBO, VHR, and AirBnB1657

BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
Do anyone have experience placing tours on Vacation Rentals By Owner (VRBO),Vacation Home Rentals (VHR) and AirBnB?

I'm thinking the embed code should work fine?

I have a potential client that want reassurance that his cabin rental will be available on those sites.

Do you have an example out there that I may show him?

Thanks!

Brain
Post 1 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
RobinLycka private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately very few of the vacation rental portals support external links as it leads traffic away from their site and they see it as a risk of loosing revenues. Very few even support videos, so if you try placing html code (like the iframe) in the text editor, it will strip the code rendering it unusable.

I don't know about vrlo and vhr, but airbnb doesn't support it.

Ideally, Matterport should be talking with all the major portals to enable embedding urls from matterport, but I think we'll have to keep contacting the portals ourselves to make it happen.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
This topic resurfaces every so often here on the Forum. Sadly...I still don't think there is much integration offered with any of these services.

For a VRBO that I own/manage, all I can get is a simple link, buried way down the page (screenshot).

I don't believe AirBnB is much different at this point...but I'd love to find out differently. I'm always hopeful for an arrangment between Matterport + these services that offers better placement/treatment for our tours, similar to the saga with Zillow/etc.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hartland, Wisconsin
htimsabbub23 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe we as a group can put together a plan of attack to contact the. Maybe a default email verbiage we use and the best contact email addresses. Also maybe a suggestion that we only embed non branded tours to eliminate the external links revenue loss
Post 4 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
It'd probably be good to put together a signature campaign to provide the portals with data on the number of providers that are interested, their region of operation etc.

If we had 100 msp's across the world, surely it would act as leverage towards the portals. I guess their concern would also be to support certain domains and not just limited to matterport. I've got a company that manages a large number of short term rentals in London, but we're still not able to get through to the major portals about building support.

Another good idea would be if someone has a connection in their network (like cmo's or other decision makers) they could step forward and be in charge of delivering the signature campaign to their contact so it's not just a cold email.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
can't you put a link to the tour in the overview paragraph for the property?
Post 6 IP   flag post
fsmith private msg quote post Address this user
I was just looking for a vacation rental in Wine Country north of San Francisco and came across 2 Airbnb places that had Matterport tours. It seem they have a Sonoma Select program going on with Matterport tours. Very cool!
e.g.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12155038?s=ULlDWHqc
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12292174?s=x4HqawiY
Post 7 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
@fsmith Great find! I would love to know how they did that. It seems odd to me that both disabled the dollhouse and floor plan views. Did anyone on the forum do these scans?
Post 8 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
If there´s a campain to show Matterport the importance on this topic or to convince a service directly we are in.

I know Matterport wanted to convince Facebook for a direct embed, but until now it´s not possible.
Post 9 IP   flag post
The tours were embedded by AirBnB directly as the spaces got selected as specials.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Well...at least there is a bit of traction here between Matterport & AirBnB. Fingers crossed that they extend this opportunity to others. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

Related to some of the other recent discussions here, more opportunities in this sector will definitely increase the need to tighten up one's ongoing hosting packages.

Scans like this are likely to be online MUCH longer than your typical real estate listing.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Another option maybe is this portal: http://www.onefinestay.com/
Post 12 IP   flag post
Standard
Wandsworth U.K.
I contacted AirBnB directly, this is their reply:

This feature hasn't yet been rolled out across the Airbnb service. The listing you have seen will be one of a program that this is being tested on.

It does look like being a great feature for the future!

I hope this was helpful.Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any further assistance at all.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Max_Sodomovskiy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! I searched in Google the combination of "Airbnb" and "My.matterport". I found a lot of pages where made Matterport 3D capture. For example: https://www.airbnb.ru/rooms/8937623?s=JR06WWxW. MP: https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=JRpiCkesCBm. However, only in the Russian translation I can see MP on the Airbnb page.
Post 14 IP   flag post
alex1908 private msg quote post Address this user
I think there is no problem to show the link in the description...The question is when will it be available official...i can't wait to it...it will open a lot of possibilities for all of us...
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@3DscannUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by @fsmith
I was just looking for a vacation rental in Wine Country north of San Francisco and came across 2 Airbnb places that had Matterport tours. It seem they have a Sonoma Select program going on with Matterport tours. Very cool!
e.g.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12155038?s=ULlDWHqc
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/12292174?s=x4HqawiY

SKIFT (27 April 2016) Airbnb Tests Hotel-Style Packaging and Amenities in Sonoma, CA [with Matterport]
Post 16 IP   flag post
GoneCoastalSC private msg quote post Address this user
We have 2 Oceanview Condos in Myrtle Beach - VRBO contacted us a week ago and said we were in violation of their use policies and removed my links to my MATTERPORT spaces...
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GoneCoastalSC why would they possibly object to a visual storytelling solution that helps potential renters make a confident decision?
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
http://www.3ders.org/articles/20160501-airbnb-partners-with-matterport-to-launch-3d-virtual-tour-pilot-project.html
Post 19 IP   flag post
GoneCoastalSC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure why Dan...that's the million dollar question. Several of my clients here have beach properties. My wife has been blowing up their email and phone [searching for the CEO who just sent out a video message to VRBO clients telling us how they are improving the site, improving the pricing for us...]

From VRBO:

Dear Renny,

This email is to notify you that text in your listing was removed due to violation of our listing guidelines. We have removed the following Text/Link below from the Description section of your VRBO Listing 712408

"Please check our cool Matterport 3D video at https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=4dessiU7ziV. You can literally walk through the unit. You can click on the link in the Links to Information Section under the owner information. You can check out our Facebook page Facebook.com/CoastalBreezesSC for the video as well"

More information about our listing guidelines are available here:

Listing Guidelines
As your listing is still live on the site, there is no need to respond to this notification.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us again through our Help page at the link below. This resource also provides commonly asked questions and answers.

http://help.vrbo.com

Thank you for using VRBO.com, a member of the HomeAway family of brands. HomeAway is the world leader in vacation rentals, with over 1 million listings.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Ken100 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for sharing the information about the cooperation of Airbnb and Matterport
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Moving this thread up for further discussion.

Dan
Post 22 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting! I'm the person who kind of started this thread over a year ago. I have a high up contact at AirBnB, who put me in touch with somebody else at AirBnb who I had some phone calls with about Matterport and how it could be helpful to them. Back then they seemed interested but not in a rush to implement. I check back with the guy every few months, but rarely get a response.

I'm glad to see that they are finally at least dipping their feet in the water!

I've been working on local vacation rental property managers, and I recently did two properties that will be on their local site. My guess is that we'll have more luck pushing AirBnb from below, by getting their smaller, more local competitors to adopt Matterport before they do.

Craig
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Business Wire (10 May 2016) Vacasa Launches Vacation Rental Industry’s First Immersive Experience Technology Across All Listings
Post 24 IP   flag post
Ken100 private msg quote post Address this user
Two questions.

1. Why does not Matterport host a platform for real estate listing?

2. Can we crowdfunding a new platform XXX by Kickstarter or Indiegogo? If it works, all matterport 3D users all over the world can list their works easily.

What's your thoughts?
Post 25 IP   flag post
101436 25 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?