Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceHostingPricing

Hosting Fees passed to Customer?1652

lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
I was approached by a Vacation Rental company in Santa Fe, NM. They wanted to have their vacation rental property scanned but couldn't deal with the monthly fee to keep the property online.

What are others charging for this - it would potentially be 50-100 homes that would be scanned. Thanks in advance for your wisdom and advice.
Lisa
Post 1 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
I do a lot of work for a vacation rental management company. They have their own Matterport account, I add scans as a collaborator. It just makes sense - they need the models forever. I showed them what I would have to charge them for procedding, hosting and administrative fees, and they opted to get their own account.

Don't forget that having to keep up with hosting fees, whether it be monthly or annually, will be a good bit of work for you, and you have to charge for it. Just make sure your cost is greater than if they got their own account, and they'll see the light.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Getting their own account might be an excellent solution. Thank you @JohnBecker !!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't had too many contracts outside of real estate yet, and haven't really had to address ongoing hosting issues, but I've seen others go as high as charging $99/ every additional year. I suspect that are some businesses that are willing to pay $99 year after year to keep their model going, but if they had a number of models, I don't think they'd be keen to pay an excessive amount for each model. Would likely need to offer massive quantity discounts.

Based on my math, if you had a business plan and hosted 300 models and didn't do any processing of models whatsoever, the cost to host each model would be $5/year ($5 x 300 = $1500 and the business account costs $1499/year), so any amount over $5/year/model is past the break even point. Or am I adding that up wrong?

Speaking of which, does anyone know what hosting costs are when you exceed the maximum for your plan?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Your math sounds about right - I don't know what the hosting costs are when you exceed the max for your plan either.
Post 5 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
Is a MP camera needed for a MP account?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Maybe if one of the admins has a camera (like if I have the camera) the company can set it up in their name with and make the payments? @JohnBecker is that what you did?
Post 7 IP   flag post
You don't need a camera to have an account.
Post 8 IP   flag post
fburch private msg quote post Address this user
@JohnBecker, to get a hosting account without buying a camera, can a client go to the normal purchase site buy.matterport.com and set the camera quantity to 0 (or just remove it from the cart) or would they have to negotiate this with sales?

According to this Matterport post they don't currently offer hosting-only accounts.

Thanks for clarifying.
Post 9 IP   flag post
My client contacted Matterport sales.
Post 10 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_City_3D
I haven't had too many contracts outside of real estate yet, and haven't really had to address ongoing hosting issues, but I've seen others go as high as charging $99/ every additional year. I suspect that are some businesses that are willing to pay $99 year after year to keep their model going, but if they had a number of models, I don't think they'd be keen to pay an excessive amount for each model. Would likely need to offer massive quantity discounts.

Based on my math, if you had a business plan and hosted 300 models and didn't do any processing of models whatsoever, the cost to host each model would be $5/year ($5 x 300 = $1500 and the business account costs $1499/year), so any amount over $5/year/model is past the break even point. Or am I adding that up wrong?

Speaking of which, does anyone know what hosting costs are when you exceed the maximum for your plan?

COSTS are about .60 per month after the max. I asked.
Post 11 IP   flag post
101422 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?