Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FLYIN 3D VideosHelp WantedInspirational Views

20 Questions: Google Earth FLY-IN 3D Videos1645

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Promoted Post

---

Above: Branded FLY-IN 3D Video created by Inspirational Views

20 Questions: Google Earth FLY-IN 3D Videos by Inspirational Views

Imagine offering your clients a two and a half minute video that seamlessly transitions from a Google Earth Approach to your image of the exterior of the house and then walking around the house.

Now imagine flying in and out of the dollhouse view – using a cleaned up Objective File (.obj) – and potential buyers viewing from a bird’s eye overview – room spaces, names and dimensions.

And, this dynamic FLY-IN 3D Video – created from your Matterport Space – integrates:

✓ your client’s logo or their :06 video)
✓ five of your still images
✓ royalty free instrumental music; or, the music that you provide (.mp3)

At 5 pm EST Thursday (28 April 2016), I will ask Inspirational Views Founder about his FLY-IN 3D Video from Matterport Spaces service.

Plus, you'll get to ask Gus questions too.

Gus " @pirusan " Hanashiro is a Member of the Matterport User Group Forum and We Get Around Referral Network (Referral Network Map Profile).

Thank you for tuning in for this live chat in this MUG Forum thread ...

Below: un-Branded FLY-IN 3D Video created by Inspirational Views
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
DaveFahrny private msg quote post Address this user
I would definitely like to hear more about this video! It is all fantastic. I especially like how he does the flying in and out of the dollhouse view. Anyone who has not seen this video should take a look! Wow.
Post 2 IP   flag post
sstarkey private msg quote post Address this user
The main thing I wonder about is whether you can scan a house yourself and collaborate with Inspirational Views to create this video for you or whether they only offer this as a package deal where they do all scanning and video creation.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@sstarkey

Inspirational Views offers this Google Earth Approach FLY-IN 3D Video to all Matterport Pros.

For clarification, you scan the space and send the Object File (.obj) to Inspirational Views. You do not need to engage Inspirational Views to scan your spaces.

20 Questions Live will include the process between the Matterport Pro and Inspirational Views as well as special pricing and offers for Basic, Standard and Premium Members of the We Get Around Referral Network, as described in detail here.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@DaveFahrny

Yes. It's amazing what Inspirational Views can do with the data that the Matterport Camera captures.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
rboerner private msg quote post Address this user
Our local MLS sent a notification recently that the google earth fly-in cannot be used in promotional material or virtual tours. They say there is some kind of copyright issue when the google source is screen captured (or whatever is done) and embedded into a video.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, my question (Sorry I missed the Q&A!) is about using Google Earth imagery and charging for it. Isn't that a violation of their terms of use?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Orange, California
I found it:

From https://www.google.com/intl/en-US_US/help/terms_maps.html

1. Prohibited Conduct. When using Google Maps/Google Earth, you may not (or allow those acting on your behalf to):

a. redistribute or sell any part of Google Maps/Google Earth or create a new product or service based on Google Maps/Google

I think you'd be asking for trouble to do this sort of thing.
Post 8 IP   flag post
pirusan private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry for the length of this post.
I read all pages of the Google Terms of Service (https://www.google.com/intl/ALL/policies/terms/), the Google Maps/Google Earth Additional (https://www.google.com/intl/ALL/help/terms_maps.html),the Permissions page (https://www.google.com/intl/ALL/permissions/geoguidelines.html#maps-ads)and the Attribution Guidelines (https://www.google.com/intl/ALL/permissions/geoguidelines/attr-guide.html) when I was getting these videos done by somebody else and I re-read them before we started making these videos ourselves.
Just to make sure I did not miss anything I read them again before writing this post.
So,
@craigsauer When Google refers to copying or re distributing etc they are referring to the algorithm or codes within Google Maps/earth. i.e. those tread mills or stationary bicycles who use Google Earth data to change the charges of the exercise.
In addition, looking at these videos and thinking that "they are BASED.." on Google Maps/Earth technology is not reasonable. The video is 2.5 minutes long and the Google Earth part is about 15 seconds. On the production side one video takes about 10-15 man/hours to make. The Google Earth part takes about 20 minutes including rendering.

Most importantly, our attorney (my friend) and I believed that we are safely within the 'fair use" category, in our videos for about 4 months (at the very beginning we were missing this issue when we edited the videos) we make sure that the Google Earth logo and the Attribution information is ALWAYS there.
In the Permissions page they always refer you back to the top of the page or to the "specially the attribution guidelines"

In any case, we believe that this matter is a non-issue. Specially after sending samples of our videos to Google, providing our youtube channel URL and not having heard from them in about 3 months. We specifically told them that we charge a fee to make the videos. I m pretty sure I would have received at least Cease and Desist letter by now.

@rboerner I would love to make these videos available to as many MP Service providers as possible, whoever is not comfortable with the Google Earth part we can remove those 15 seconds. Anyway, in our experience the customers lean over when they see the Google Earth part but the WoW! comes (almost always) when we start "flying" around the house.

Finally, if you are deciding on having these videos made from us or somebody else, and you think that the 15 seconds of Google Earth is a deal breaker, we are clearly not in the same page, and quite sincerely, it hurts our feelings (LOL)

FYI, it took us months to research how to make the videos and manipulate the obj. The Google Earth part took us about 3 days of research and that only because I am not that good at the computer.

Looking forward to the 20 questions next week!
Post 9 IP   flag post
rboerner private msg quote post Address this user
It is not a question of me being comfortable with the Google Earth usage. Our MLS will remove pictures and videos with that material included.

Below is a quote from Google's FAQ page. (https://www.google.com/work/earthmaps/earthpro-faq.html).

"Can I use the Google Earth imagery in my presentations, reports, website, etc.?

Once you license Google Earth Pro, you can use Google Earth Pro images and data for marketing purposes as long as this data is not sold to any third parties... "
Post 10 IP   flag post
@rboerner Understood.
My point is, the Google earth 15 seconds are a nice touch, but clearly, we can make videos without the Google earth approach and they will be as impressive IMHO.
Again, reaction from clients to those 15 seconds: "I love it!"
Reaction to the fly through: "Wow!Never seen anything like that!"
Gus
Post 11 IP   flag post
Orange, California
Thanks for the response, @pirusan. I finally got around to watching the rest of the video (I had initially stopped after the Google Earth part to comment here, and didn't make it back.)

You are certainly doing amazing things with the Matterport .obj file. I'm definitely interested in having this as an option to my clients that want a downloable "video version" of the Matterport Space.

I wonder if Matterport will ever allow for 3rd parties to clean up the OBJ files and reupload them for a cleaner and more customized dollhouse view. (I appreciate the fact that they've made great automated solution and that they continue to improve it, but wouldn't it be great to offer an upgraded option for properties (and clients) that want it?
Post 12 IP   flag post
@craigsauer Thank you for the kind words. Two things on your thoughts 1) Cleaning the onj file to photo quality seems to be a manual job We do not know if that job could be automated.2) We fly around the house as close as we can without the features start really looking awful with the geometry.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Orange, California
Sorry, I wasn't clear in my post. I mean that it would be fantastic if Matterport would allow 3rd parties like you to clean up the OBJ and then send it back to them for an improved dollhouse view on their end. I mean that the automated work they do is impressive, but I'm sure the cleanup you are doing is manually done!
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Looks like a lot of interest in FLY-IN 3D Videos by @pirusan

Tune in 5 pm EST Thursday (28 April 2016) for 20 Questions Live ....

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I make these myself for about half my clients. PM me for more info.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@RenderingSpace I personally would love to see one of your videos!!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pirusan Looking forward to 20 Questions Live with you tomorrow, 5 pm EST Thursday (28 April 2016). Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
I notice that @lisahinson posted this FLY-IN 3D Video by Inspirational Views in a "shout-out" MUG Forum post.

I will reference it in our 20 Questions Live chat at 5 pm EST today (Thursday (28 April 2016) ... Dan

Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi Gus,

Thank you for joining me for 20 Questions Live.

Dan
Post 20 IP   flag post
Thank you Dan, It is great to be here with you.

Gus
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Gus,

Obviously a lot of interest in the FLY-IN 3D Videos by Inspirational Views.

Can you describe each section of the video that you deliver?

Let's use the video that you did for MUG Member/Referral Network Member @lisahinson (below) as an example please ...

Dan

Post 22 IP   flag post
Yes, Lisa's video was a bit of a challenge as it has two separate structures. We wanted to still portray the relationship between one structure to the other.
Basically,
1) We start with the client's info
2) Approach to the property using Google Earth
3) We do a short walk through in the MP Space using screen capture
4) We fly through the house using a cleaned Up obj file from Matterport
5) We integrate some HDR Photos to highlight the best areas of the house
6) We Fly In to a room and walk around a little bit more while we show some more HDR photos.
Finally we do the "credits" with the client information and the MP Pro info with some basic animation
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pirusan

I the Google Earth approach. That's amazing! What a great way to see where the property is located. And, very dramatic.

Plus, I love that you drop-in the logo and website during the tour.

And, of course, you have achieved magic with the clean up of the "mesh view" ... I will not ask you how you do this. We'll just leave it as "magic" and part of your secret sauce to creating these videos.

Before we talk about this solution for other Matterport Pros, let's talk about your use of them for your clients that you have been scanning their spaces.

What's the reaction been like?

What do your clients say about them?

Dan
Post 24 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

The reaction to the Google Part intro is usually as yours: "I love it!".

The reaction when the walk through turns into a Fly Through is always "Wow!" and they lean over the computer. It is a very similar to the reaction to the Matterport Tours about one year and a half ago.

In my experience these FLY IN 3D Videos have helped me not lose a customer who might have found another MP Provider who charges less for the scans than us, and always kept me in touch to get their business back even at my rate.

Helps also, if you want to offer them Single Property Websites, or 2d Floor Plan Sketches or other Services.
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pirusan

Yes. "I love it!" "Wow!" ...

So, after you started offering the FLY-IN 3D Videos for your clients, you started offering these (amazing) videos to other Matterport Pros.

Why should Matterport Pros offer the FLY-IN 3D Videos to their clients?

You already touched on a few reasons:

✓ Differentiate their Matterport biz to have a competitive advantage
✓ Retain clients
✓ Maintain rates

Other reasons?

Also, can you expand on what you mean by "if you want to offer them Single Property Websites" or 2D Floor plans," etc.?

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

We were getting these videos made by another outside source. As our provider got busier understandably, their prices were becoming prohibitive for these videos to be resold to Realtors.

Once we felt that our quality was acceptable and were able to streamline the post production we thought that it was time for the videos to go "Prime Time" and offer them to other MP Pros.

Since the FLY IN Videos help us establish ourselves as the so called "experts" we always have a chance of up selling our services with other products like 2D Floor plans or Single Property websites.

Our FLY IN Videos help us also compete, without reducing rates, with Professional photographers who do offer Matterport scans. For us is huge because we are not Professional Photographers.
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@pirusan

You obviously have figured out the magic. Your "secret sauce" for cleaning up the Matterport Object File (.obj) "Mesh View" is amazing. I could imagine that some reading this had no idea how valuable the .obj can be.

Wow! What a great way to make the "competition" irrelevant because they do not offer the solution that the client wants.

We talked about the FLY-IN 3D Videos from a Matterport Pro's perspective, how about from a Real Estate Agent's perspective.

1. Why should real estate agents and brokers offer FLY-IN 3D Videos?

2. And, how do they use the FLY-IN 3D Videos?

Dan
Post 28 IP   flag post
Realtors are a funny breed. Everything seems to be
"too expensive" for them no matter what that is.

With that said, once a Realtor get their first FLY IN 3D Video they always come back for a second video and stay with you. Waht they told us is that in this market the Realtor really needs to separate themselves from the competition.

They usually incorporate the FLY iN Video into their Listing Presentations.

A Realtor who goes into a Listing Appointment already knows that, that client saw or will see HDR photo portfolio, that potential Seller already saw drone videos, flyers, postcards etc. The conversation becomes about how much commission is he/she willing to take. The FLY IN Video stops (they say) that line of conversation.

Even if the Seller "will think" which Realtor to hire our clients tell us that the client remembers them as "The Realtor who does those videos".

More than once a client told us "your video closed our deal" it is very flattering to hear.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Gus @pirusan

"Your video closed our deal" is very exciting.

So, just like Matterport Pros need to differentiate their marketing plans to have a competitive advantage, real estate agents need to:

✓ have a competitive advantage to differentiate their marketing plan to win listing presentations (Matterport Spaces 3D Tour, FLY-IN 3D Video, Single Property Website, 2D schematic floor plans, etc.).

Plus, I could imagine getting more buyer leads and more sell er leads too, please everyone looking at this has a house to sell too. And, buyers want to work with tech-savvy agents.

Gus, do you also offer a non-branded version for MLS?

Dan
Post 30 IP   flag post
101422 58 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?