Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseCapture AppOutdoors

Wish List: Independent Outdoor Scans1643

RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
There's been a lot of discussion in this forum about the benefits of Toursler vs Matterport. One of them is the ability to easily scan outdoors.

It would be great to somehow do one-off outdoor scans that weren't necessarily connected to the dollhouse/floor plan but could still be accessed and integrated into the 3D Showcase.

So imagine that you scan the home as normal... then in the capture app you tell the software you're now going to be scanning in rogue places that are independent of the dollhouse/floor plan view. The software would then know to not even try to connect it but would treat it as a 360 degree panorama.

Then say when you go to a door and look out on the lawn, instead of seeing a typical circle, you would see a pin or some other designation on the lawn to take you to that location to look around.

You would use the Workshop to drop these rogue pins or special circles.

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Columbia, MO
Showcas3D private msg quote post Address this user
so basically turn off the infrared sensors and just use the cameras to stitch an image together and place these 360 images manually in the scan? I like that idea alot
Post 2 IP   flag post
danmorell private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys,

I may have seen something like what you are referring to at 3D Walkin Tour.

On the top nav, click on the "3DWalkinTour" tab http://pro.walkintour.com/1293.

On the very left hand side of the tour, click on the vertical tab "see exterior". This tab acts as a toggle between exterior and interior imaging.

The outside images seem like typical 360 pano's but they're all connected with similar circles.

I also like the agents info that slides out from the right. Some pretty cool stuff on here.

It would be great if 1 camera could take all these shots no matter the time of day, if this is what you're referring too.
Post 3 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Good find Dan,
They have a good set up and I like what I see.

It would be great if Matterport could get something similar built-in. I'm no software engineer but I have to imagine they could easily do it.

I've had to explain to so many people that Matterport is best for interior and can only rarely go outside.

Some people think its strange that NEW technology can't do something that OLD technology has been able to do for years.
Post 4 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
I have been looking at doing panotours and using the 3rd party option that is included in the WP3D Models WP plug in. This would allow us to include an exterior 360 along with the MP. I havent had a chance to test it though.

This company only uses the Google street view technology but I like the "skin" that allows you to click on different areas. Some of them are virtual tours. I would like a skin that we can put our MP tour in one slide and be able to put stills and other 360 products into another like this.

www.panoskin.com/tours/SE
Post 5 IP   flag post
immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
Here is one I threw together that incorporates the panotour which is a way that we can get outside scans done and incorporate them into a deliverable product to the clients.

http://immersiveprop.com/3d-model/kc-homes-greystone/skinned/
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@immersiveprop
What camera and tripod did you use to get the 360, how long did it take you, if you don't mind me asking. If you don't want to share in forum, please PM.

Ron
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?