Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Question of the DayRicoh Theta XVersus

Question of the Day: Your thoughts about the Ricoh Theta X Camera Specs?16314

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN Question of the Day

Video: Official video for the RICOH THETA X – launching March 2022 | Video courtesy of RICOH THETA YouTube Channel | 24 January 2022

Question of the Day: Your thoughts about the Ricoh Theta X 360 Camera Specs?

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Tuesday, 25 January 2022:

Your thoughts about the Ricoh Theta X 360 Camera announced Monday, 24 January 2022?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Home3D
I’ve watched all these previews of the X and see one bothersome issue. Theta X appears to have a significant issue creating large sun flares. In addition to looking bad, they magnify the visibility of the stitch line and are difficult or impossible to hide in editing, especially on video.

I would love to see more side by side tests focusing on the sun flare issue, because this is an optical, not electronic, problem and likely not fixable with software upgrades.

The Z1 creates sun flares but much, much smaller and less distracting than these X examples.

If you live and work where you rarely see the sun, no problem. I’m in LA so we rarely see a cloud and it’s a major issue.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @VTLV
Ability to switch battery and memory cards… 🥳
Post 3 IP   flag post
trueview360s private msg quote post Address this user
I am in wait and see mode. A little concerned about the smaller sensors and the lack of RAW shooting. Lots of nice features like removable battery. I am skeptical it will replace my Z1s
Post 4 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Do we have any idea on pricing yet?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesHH
Do we have any idea on pricing yet?

"You'll be able to buy [Ricoh Theta X] from March [2022] for $799 / £899 (around AU$1,700), reports Tech Radar:

TechRadar (24 January 2022) The Ricoh Theta X is a pocket 360 camera for creating immersive virtual tours

@CharlesHH

Now that you know the likely price, your thoughts?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I am in the same boat as @trueview360s, I am waiting to see. I like the battery and memory card conveince. I do not use the 360 video in my Z1 so that is not enough of upgrade to change. But it encouraging to see that issues pointed out like memory card and battery were addressed by Ricoh.
Post 7 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Thanks for price info. Yes. The price is k for what I might need it for. Slight concern about flare as I would be looking to use it outdoors.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101636 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?