Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Alignment IssuesmisalignmentProblemsTrouble ShootingVideo

Video: Troubleshooting Matterport Issues16295

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Troubleshooting Matterport Issues | Video courtesy of Lightshed YouTube Channel | 22 January 2022
Post 1 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Recently I was on a job where I had to repair the file because it kept crashing. Took me an extra 30-40 minutes to figure out that this was even an option. Tried the usual, restart Matterport, restart Ipad an the app. Those did not fix but the repair job did.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @Matt19 - What specifically were the problems you were having? It sounds like the model was crashing the capture app? Were there any problems you noticed leading up to that? I'm curious about the repair option....I used it one time when it seemed to work (alignment problems) but with other misc issues it didnt seem to do anything.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hi @MatterFix, I do believe it was an alignment issue. I was in ball room type room and the system was having trouble with a straight line coming into the middle of the room (step in). I maybe scanned 2 or 3 more times and it was placing it in the wrong spot. Then the app crashed and I could not get the model to open again. I was dead in the water so I started looking under the support menu and saw repair model. I duplicated the model and tried it and all of a sudden it worked again.

I had a similar issue happen on a very large job after deleting about 70 scans that they decided they did not want after they previously said they wanted them. I never got the model to open back up but I also didn't try repairing it either. Fortunately someone else took over and I am not sure what they did.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@Matt19 I have found when the capture app crashes its your iPad running out of RAM
Post 5 IP   flag post
@ThinkLab That is interesting. I have had an Ipad Pro with 515 GB and 4 GB ram and it has always worked great since I have had the Matterport Pro 2 Camera. Did Matterport update something that requires more ram than it used to? By technology standards some would say my iPad is probably getting close to obsolete.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101721 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?