Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro2ProblemsTripod

How to Stop Unstable camera Scans with Tripod?16242

WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

I use the Manfrotto 290 xtra with the Manfrotto 128RC Micro fluid head. Quick release to put Pro2 on. It's worked great for years. Lately it does not hold the camera as snug as it used to. So get lots of messages saying unable tripod.

I have managed to in some cases put a small piece of paper folded up in one corner and the scans are stable. Any one else have this problem. if so other than buying a new head was there a way to fix. I do have a Desmon DAC -X1 quick release clamp anybody use that?

harry
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Harrycayman

Early on, I had a tripod where the legs started slipping (shortening).

I bought a new tripod.

Does that help?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I just use a simple quick release plate on my Manfrotto 290 that is setup for Matterport ~ I use a Monopod for shooting stills these days.

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
The clamp is nice if you need to swap say a Pro2 with a BLK360 so I am looking at some quick release clamps to be used.

However for the last 2 years I simply screw the camera directly to a male thread on a Manfrotto tripod. I do not know about other tripod brands and Manfrotto models but 190 and 290 version have a screw with 3/8 thread and it is the same as a bottom female thread at the bottom of
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Hi

yes a quick release for Matterport pro 2 and Blk would be great. have you found one?

harry
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycayman
yes a quick release for Matterport pro 2 and Blk would be great. have you found one?

I have not tried it yet but it seems this one may be a good solution. Two top plates and one tripod base.
At least it looks quite secure for a camera.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Actually this exact one may not be good as a base has only 1/4 thread in its centre. There is one 3/8 thread hole but for some reason it is close to an edge of its base. It is going to be hard to attach it to any Manfrotto tripod as they usually have 3/8 male. And attaching it to the hole on the edge can make the whole setup slightly unstable. See attached image

I have however seen another brand in a similar design. I will try to find it and see if comes with a right thread in the centre of its base.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Cool keep me posted

Thank you
Post 8 IP   flag post
101421 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?