Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Mac users, can Matterport Showcase be installed on Mac?16154

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Mac users, can Matterport Showcase app be installed on Mac?

I may be found a way to use Matterport tours without hosting with Matterport and without hacking anything.

I bet Matterport can make some changes in Matterport Showcase app to avoid it but it should work in its current version. For now though my attempts to do it through my IPad have failed.

However it is not tours related, it is just it is hard to find some specific service app for Ipad/Iphone. I even purchased the only one I could find on Apple store but it is very , limited in features and does not allow me to do one simple thing that would be easy to do on a Windows PC or Mac.

There is plenty of these service apps on Android but Matterport Showcase app does not exist for Android.

So Mac seems to be the only option.
Post 1 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman

Nope, not in the German Mac App store. No Matterport Showcase App and no Matterport Capture App.

I am using a Mac Air with M1 chip, which could install (in theory) also iPad apps. But there is no result in the Mac App Store.

Maybe there is a possibility to sideload it from any of those apk-websites.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
While some iOS apps will run on the M1 machines none of the Matterport apps currently are supported

I am rocking both a M1 Mac mini and a M1 pro MacBook
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It is shame as the only functionality we are missing on an IPad is running a web server on it.

Let me explain why, If you go to downloaded section in the showcase app, start any tour from there and then click on a VR goggles icon at the bottom left corner it shows a help screen how to use it in VR. If you look at the screen you will see there is a local web address that shows how to access this specific tour.. it is something like http://localhost:8089/vr/show/XxxXXXXX

That means if you have a web server service running on your IPad you can actually access it using this URL in any browser. It also means you can replace "localhost" with a local area network IP and once you use the url with an IP instead of local host you can access this tour using a web browser from any device on the same network. But that's not all, now if you do port forwarding on your Internet modem you can actually make it accessible from Internet.

There is only one app that simulates a web server service on Ipad/Iphone. It is called mobile web server. That's the one I have bought to test it as it is only $5. However it is lacking of a basic functionality of any web server where you can actually share local device folder through https. If it'd come with that all we needed to do is to find that "vr" folder on an Ipad and share it with the name "vr". Once done we'd be able to access any downloaded tour through a browser.

I was hoping if you could run the app on Mac there should have been any problems to use built in web server service on Mac in order to turn it into a web server and share all required folders.

There is another app that claims to add a web server service to Ipad/Iphone. It is called ServersMan HD However I have found information about it on there website only. They offer to download it from Apple app store but I cannot find it through search on my Ipad. And when I use their link on their website to download it from Apple store it says this app is not available for my region.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101437 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?