Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBlender 3DHow toInterior DesignMatterport MatterPakNewbiesRenderingsSketchUp

Interior Design Layout Help: is Matterport to MatterPak to SketchUp best?16133

lisaharpster private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!
I am entering an interior design position where I want to provide a great experience for my clients in the simplest way (for me as I have next to no tech skills and don't want to take up too much time on that side of things) possible without spending a ton of money-- at least at first. Could you please chime in if there is a better option that I'm not thinking of here...

My thought is to hire a local Matterport photographer to scan a room/house/business and send me the Matterpak file to my Dropbox. I would then contact a third party to create a file to be accepted by SketchUp and proceed from there in terms of playing with design choices, options, various layouts, etc. for the customer. I am hoping to be able to use/purchase various furniture/decor options from Sketchup in order to design the space.

Am I thinking of this logically or is there a much better way I haven't considered?
Thank YOU!!!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Morristown, New Jersey
foxwrth13 private msg quote post Address this user
very interested as well
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
What product do you want to get as a final result?
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@lisaharpster I hope this might help, I had a builder ask if I could develop a 3D walk thru model from blueprints. I know there are several in this group that will develop 3D models and rendering, I'm not sure if they provide 3D rendering with the ability to walk thru at a reasonable price. So are you looking for a 3D model you can walk thru or just renderings that you can add different pieces from a design perspective to showcase the space? You might look at this software I have just started looking at it but it might help you. it is neo.foyr.com.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Portland, Oregon
HelloPado private msg quote post Address this user
I perform quite a bit of this work. I convert Matterport to Sketchup for interior design.
Feel free to reach out with questions.

John
Immerse.me@padovamedia.com
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
@lisaharpster I hope this might help, I had a builder ask if I could develop a 3D walk thru model from blueprints. I know there are several in this group that will develop 3D models and rendering, I'm not sure if they provide 3D rendering with the ability to walk thru at a reasonable price. So are you looking for a 3D model you can walk thru or just renderings that you can add different pieces from a design perspective to showcase the space? You might look at this software I have just started looking at it but it might help you. it is neo.foyr.com.

I bet you are better to do it in Blender 3D which is free but one of the most powerfull 3D software.
SketchUp which I know just a bit as I played with it more than 5 years ago seems to be more focused on 3D modeling but I do not believe you can create a photorealistic model with it.

There are other cool stuff like any type of lightning, addons for interior design and you can actually get one add-on that simply can help you to extrude surfaces from a 360 degree spheres.

I watched the following video a few weeks ago so I could not recall all details. However pay attention to the part when he talks about a vending machine and how he cheats sometimes using just flat photos to create 3D objects with real textures. So you can use both flat and 360 images to do the same.

The add-on for working with 360 is called PanoCamAdder and it costs like $15. The video below shows how you can use a 360 sphere to create interior of a space. It is currently used and may be that is a purpose of its creation to do depth map tours with krpano but all initial workflow is the same

If you learn working with it you may just create 3D of an interior by having a few images of it and taking a couple of measurements manually while inside just to scale your 3D model.

And the best thing about Blender 3D is that it can render in 360 photographs. You can actually stage an interior(a lot of free 3D objects online including furniture) and then render a few spots in each room as 360 sphere, feed it to Matterport through 360 Import(currently in Android beta for Matterport capture app) and it will create a Matterport 3D tour with furniture.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman thank you for the feedback, unfortunately I am only working from blueprints with no photos. But this blender is very intriguing. I am going to look at it a little closer.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Tour courtesy of Listing3D | Also See this Listing3D Tour Example | Also See this Listing3D Tour Example

@ron0987

Among Listing3D services:

✓ rendering a walk-around 3D tour from blueprints, CAD files and/or floor plans (example)
✓ rendering 2D images from blueprints, CAD files and/or floor plans

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?