Video: iGUIDE Tech Round Up (and Q&A) | Video courtesy of iGUIDE YouTube Channel | 20 December 201

iGUIDE PLANIX Sample 3D Tour and with Interactive Floor Plan courtesy of iGUIDE | 2D Schematic Floor Plans
https://youriguide.com/pla_1_608_jones_st_e_st_marys_on/doc/floorplan_imperial_en.pdf

Transcript (Video Above)

[00:00:04]
Chris White: Cool. All right. I think it's time to get started. Thank you for coming everybody really appreciate it. We know it's December and you're busy shopping and doing lots of your last-minute 2021 things. We really appreciate that you came here to hear us talk. Today it's going to be really exciting because we're going to talk about tech updates. Where what we do is we go back through, hey from Germany. How it's going? Where we go back to the last five tech updates and we review them.

[00:00:35]
Chris White: I'm going to get into that in a second. I'll tell you all about it. But the basic structure of today will be very similar to the previous mass classes that we've done. We're going to talk maybe 30 minutes aspirational, it'll probably be 45 to an hour whatever. Then if you have questions, put them in the chat and we'll answer them as we go or at the end, I don't know. Actually please use the question feature. Don't put it in the chat. We decided the last masterclass, that is far better, a way easier to keep track of. Just say hi in the chat.

[00:01:06]
Chris White: Hi from Germany, hi from Brazil, hi from wherever you're from.

[00:01:12]
Chris White: I'm going to introduce myself and Kelly. I mean, that's the fun part, making friends, introducing themselves. I see some names already recognized here. My name is Chris, Marketing Manager for a PLANIX and iGUIDE.

[00:01:28]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Senior Marketing Manager.

[00:01:30]
Chris White: - Yes, you're right. Sorry. Senior Marketing Manager. I'm going to get a name tag for this side. It'll say that, that'll be great. Probably going to overlay on the screen, like come into the [inaudible 00:01:40].

[00:01:42]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - See, great ideas.

[00:01:43]
Chris White: - Yeah, we need to do that. Either way, I've been around for a while. I can answer a lot of questions. That's handy if you have questions later on that aren't necessarily related to this topic. Feel free to fire away. You want to ask questions about cameras or stitch or marketing or whatever you want, I'm game, go for it. Then obviously joining me today is Kelly, the Client Success Manager, is that right? I got it right, oh my gosh, what are the odds?

[00:02:14]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - You forgot the strategic part.

[00:02:17]
Chris White: - I knew it.

[00:02:17]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Every time, it's been a year.

[00:02:19]
Chris White: - I will try again. Strategic Client Success Manager.

[00:02:23]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - There you go. Look at us.

[00:02:25]
Chris White: - Rolls off the tongue, it's easy.

[00:02:30]
Chris White: Kelly too has been around for a very long time and can answer a zillion questions. We've got some very knowledgeable people here.

[00:02:38]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yeah. Basically, I'm just along for the ride to make this a little bit more interesting because tech updates are so energizing and enthusiastic.

[00:02:50]
Chris White: - I was going to say, don't tell them that they're boring, they'll leave.

[00:02:53]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yeah, they're not boring. They're full of great information. We are here to bring tech updates to you in a new way so that you actually know about the things that you probably didn't read because tech updates are not most enthralling

[00:03:10]
Chris White: - Are we going to make it fun? Is that what you are saying.

[00:03:12]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yeah, we're going to find a way.

[00:03:14]
Chris White: - Challenge accepted.

[00:03:19]
Chris White: Tech updates. If you don't know, like I see some names, have been around a while, you know what, a tech update is, but I'm going to describe it anyway because they forget that they exist because they're infrequent, but a tech update is a communication, it's an email, that goes out whenever it needs to go out. There's no specific cadence, but it'll be usually like once a month-ish, maybe more frequent but roundabout ones in them. In a tech update, what you're going to find is that you have need to know information. It's not nice to know this is need-to-know stuff.

[00:03:49]
Chris White: Basically, it gets sent to everybody on our portal and it's stuff like that you need to know like about billing or about technical changes or interface changes to the site important stuff. That's where the important stuff goes. I'll compare that to say, our newsletter. Our newsletter is nice to know stuff. We put stuff in there that we think you should know because it's nice, it's cool. But this isn't like need to know, tech updates you need to know. The cool thing about tech updates is that they're

[00:04:20]
Chris White: all archived and they're all organized and numbered. If you are like everyone on earth and you get a million emails and you don't always check them, you are busy and you just mark several thousand unread emails and your inbox as read just to get on with your life and you miss it. Like no big deal because we keep an archive. But then also we do these masterclasses where we just go through them anyway. It's good to engage with them as frequently as you can.

[00:04:51]
Chris White: But if you don't get the email specifically, it's okay. What I'm going to do first is I'm going to show you where the archive is. I'm going to share my screen. Hopefully, I don't mess it up. I messed up on the last masterclass. But not this time, this time it's going to be different. Can you see my screen, Kelly?

[00:05:13]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yes.

[00:05:14]
Chris White: - Technology works. What you're going to see here is the iGUIDE portal. On iGUIDE portal, we've got a list of all that iGUIDE to shop. At the top, you have series of menu items and one of them says Support. I'm going to click that. Then you're going to see a list of stuff here. One of the things that this list is the Technical Update Archives. If I click it, I get the Technical Update Archive. Everyone's excited, I'm sure.

[00:05:45]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - I'm excited, I don't know about you.

[00:05:48]
Chris White: - We're trying to make this fun, we have to bring it lots of smiles and cheering and laughter. That's okay. I laugh at my own jokes, so we're good. What you'll see here, I'll just break it down for you. For quick access, they're all listed at the top and there are PDFs. If you click it, it'll download a PDF. If you click one, obviously it'll dominant, but if you want more details, like you're looking for something specific. This happens quite frequently where you'll read the email and they'll be something about like, well, I don't know, maybe an HDR update and then you'll think to yourself,

[00:06:20]
Chris White: I don't know where that e-mail is, I don't want to search for it. I'll go to the archive. Obviously the quick list doesn't tell you what's in the text updates. If you scroll down, what we've done is we've given you each one with a little series of bullets afterwards, they're numbered with numbers, sorry, that tell you the topics. If you're looking for something really specific, like you want to know about the last version of stitch, you can go through these and say, here you go, there it is. Then number 24. It just gives you a reference when you're hunting for information. You don't have to blindly click on PDFs.

[00:06:50]

[00:06:52]
Chris White: - You can still blindly click on it.

[00:06:54]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Like rolling the dice, let's see when I got this time.

[00:06:59]
Chris White: - That's right. Now, there's a Saturday activity if I've ever seen one, get your coffee and just get this dive into the technical updates on a Saturday morning. Please do that, someone please do that and share it on the Facebook group. I forgot to do a few plugs from the get-go. Okay. Before we move on, please join our Facebook group. If you haven't already. It's iGUIDE 3D creators Facebook group, and also subscribe to our YouTube channel as well. If you do that, you'll get all of the masterclasses. You'll be notified every time we have put one if you hit the little subscribe bell icon, there you go.

[00:07:33]
Chris White: Anywho, back to the tech update. What we're going to do today is we're going to go through maybe the last four. If you look at the dates here, you can see that we've got.

[00:07:43]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - The very last one only has one item, so I think.

[00:07:46]
Chris White: - That's the big one now that's the one, I'm going to save that one.

[00:07:48]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - That is the funnest.

[00:07:51]
Chris White: - Yes. Fun is the right word.

[00:07:53]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Funnest, yeah.

[00:07:53]
Chris White: - We had a lot in 2020.

[00:07:57]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yeah, we've done a lot, guys. We're constantly trying to innovate and improve. This is why we ask you guys for your feature suggestions and your feedback and put your feature suggestions in the forum. I know that it may seem like we don't hear you, but we do discuss it. We always discuss it. Whether or not it happens, we always discuss it. That's why we still encourage you to keep doing that. Sometimes it just doesn't happen maybe as quick as one would like because

[00:08:27]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: we'd like feature suggestion in the next month released. Unfortunately, we have a lot of things that we're working on at all times, so we try and fit things in. But it doesn't always happen right away, but it does happen. We've done a lot of stuff. I'm proud of us. Yeah.

[00:08:45]
Chris White: - Well, to your point here, so this is a direct reflection of all of the software development. Well, not exclusively, but mostly. Now that's gone into the portal and the viewer and stitch and surveying all that stuff. You want a history lesson, go back all the way to 2019, which is fun.

[00:09:03]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Which isn't when we started, it's just when we started releasing them.

[00:09:08]
Chris White: - Let's go back to G. That's not that far off. We'll look at it and we'll go through it and I'll walk you through everything.

[00:09:17]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yes, this is a good one.

[00:09:18]
Chris White: - We'll go all the way to the current one, because some of these are pretty easy. Let's have a look. I'm going to download it live in real time. I clicked on the link, it's downloaded the PDF. Solid chance that my computer won't crash. I literally crashed while I was loading up Zoom to test the audio.

[00:09:40]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Shut up. That hasn't happened in so long. Remember when you moved and then-

[00:09:43]
Chris White: - Well, that was the power. That's different.

[00:09:44]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - I know.

[00:09:45]
Chris White: - This is the computer.

[00:09:45]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - True. Oh, the computer.

[00:09:46]
Chris White: - It's like, let's have a whole year and it's like it wants a vacation. No, we're powering through. It's not happy.

[00:09:52]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Computer 2022.

[00:09:54]
Chris White: - I switched to multiple monitors. That's a whole other thing. Anyway, let's talk about stuff in here. I like this one too, because it has pan and zoom in it.

[00:10:02]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Chris, tell us what happened. Tell us.

[00:10:07]
Chris White: - That sound like I need to bring the drama, not the fun. But I'll try it.

[00:10:12]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - It felt very infomercialy, like I'm passing it off to you. I'm setting you up for the fun.

[00:10:20]
Chris White: - We'll see. The way these work is that you'll have, again, the little topics at the top, is a little bulleted list, and then they're going to go one by one as we go through it. Let's just begin, shall we? I hope you guys can see this. But in June, pan and zoom were added. Very cool feature. I guess I'll just demo it for you while we're talking about. Pan and zoom are awesome. Because what it means is that you're no longer beholden to the default size of the iGUIDE floor plan,

[00:10:51]
Chris White: yeah, it's a fun one, in the viewer. When you click the button up here, the Pan and Zoom button, you can then use your mouse wheel, and you can zoom in. That's awesome for many reasons. This is a small house. So it's really not getting a lot of new information here. If you've got a really big property or just a weird one, sometimes will have a property that does a thing where it's like an L or something and you just want to look at the great room plus guest, whatever, and it's hard to see.

[00:11:22]
Chris White: So varying levels of eyesight ability as well. This is just nice. You can just zoom in. It's very accessible. You can click and drag to move it around. Very cool. I think everyone really gets what this is for. But people forget it's there. So that's cool. It's a fun feature, when you've got someone who's not necessarily new to iGUIDE, but who isn't super familiar with navigating. We take for granted that people know how to do the 360 stuff. They look up, they look down. There was a time

[00:11:53]
Chris White: when people were like, oh, I can click on that? It's like, yeah, it's interactive. Then there was a time where people didn't know if they could click on them, like the floor plan to do stuff. We're there with pan and zoom. It's there but people don't know. So you have to sometimes tell them. Discoverability is a little bit low for this one right now. That's going to change eventually. But it's such an awesome feature that's totally worth the time and energy telling people about it. It'll come up organically in conversation. People say, oh, I wish I could zoom in and it's like, you can.

[00:12:22]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - You can.

[00:12:22]
Chris White: - There we go. Pan and zoom is cool, but there are some consequences to pan and zoom. They're weird. So we'll go through, Kelly.

[00:12:32]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Tell us what they are.

[00:12:32]
Chris White: - Correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know if their fun so much is just interesting. But the way exterior panoramas used to work was that the draft people would stylistically pull them in to closer to the property than they really were. That was just so that you could see them, because if they're outside of the box, you wouldn't be able to click on.

[00:12:54]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yeah. They'd be ahead me.

[00:12:54]
Chris White: - Exactly, yeah. What this means is that they don't do that anymore, because they don't need to. If you want to access panoramas that are way outside the property, you could just zoom out, and then you'll see that. Actually, this one has an outdoor pan. How cool is that? Watch. If I move this down here, so you no longer have access, you guys can see this, to this one random outdoor panorama in front of this stripe. Now what I can do is I can zoom out and then you can see it.

[00:13:26]
Chris White: If I had more surrounding the property, they were really relatively far away. Not a problem. Discoverability is going to go down, obviously, really far away.

[00:13:37]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yeah.

[00:13:37]
Chris White: - You'll find them. But it just means that the drafts people no longer squish them in, which is good because that was a little bit misleading and also weird.

[00:13:45]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yeah, because people assume that the exterior panoramas are placed where they are in real life, and they weren't before this pan and zoom feature. So if you have a customer or a property that really warrants these exterior panels, it will automatically show up as a much smaller floor plan depending on how far away those exterior panels were taken. So if you know this, you should be communicating in advance to your customers,

[00:14:18]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: and if you forgot, I'm sure they'll ask you because the floor plan will be smaller, and you can say, hey, it's actually customizable. You can scroll in and out, pan in and out, zoom in and out. So you have that ability. You will be may be forced to have this conversation if you do have properties that require more exterior panels, because the floor plan will look smaller, so that you can access and see all of those exterior panels at the same time.

[00:14:42]
Chris White: - Yeah, exactly. Fun fact, it's going to come up in a later tech update. We'll just deal with it now. You can set the initial zoom level.

[00:14:49]

[00:14:49]
Chris White: - In the portal. So if you're like, well, I want the exteriors, but I want it to be like really zoomed in select a floor plan is really big. It's fine. You can just zoom in and click "Save" on the edit screen. We'll probably get to it later, but if we don't, now you know.

[00:15:01]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - That does exists.

[00:15:02]
Chris White: - In your brain. Moving on. Anyway, pan and zoom are awesome. What else we go? Oh, yeah, screenshot. You guys probably know this, maybe don't, whatever I'll tell you if you don't. You click the "Measure" button, a new button was added that allows you to download a JPEG of the floor plan itself. This is really meant for insurance restoration and construction, for sketching on top of radix but it has the added weird benefit of just working for all iGUIDEs, and you can do like measurements on screen.

[00:15:32]
Chris White: You can do a bunch of weird measurements, and then you can click the "Download" and it will save a little JPEG. See if I can move it up of what you just did. Can you guys can see that? There you go, you can see that, or maybe? No, you can't. So share a different screen.

[00:15:48]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - I don't see what you've downloaded. I saw you do it.

[00:15:51]
Chris White: - That's it. It's a JPEG.

[00:15:54]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Of the floor plan, not just the image?

[00:15:56]
Chris White: - Yeah, just the floor plan. Let's suppose that you're a home buyer and you're interested in the house and the deal breaker is how much it will cost to buy blinds for that house. It's a terrible example. There is no one I can think of. You could measure it all out, save the JPEG, put on your phone, go to Home Depot and price outlines. It's a weird example for residential real estate, but that's what it is. This was really designed for radix, so that you can set a scale. You could measure on it and save that out and pull that JPEG into exact name. But there's all sorts of weird uses. Anyway, that was added.

[00:16:27]
Chris White: Pretty cool. Screen-sharing has stopped. Let me go back to my browser. That one, yes. We got this. There we go. Back here again. PLANIX firmware update brings a new feature, scan notes. This one, I totally forget this exists all the time. When you're in survey, sometimes what happens is you're scanning a property and someone comes up to you and they're like, hey, I really need you to disable this panorama,

[00:16:57]
Chris White: but I want you to label the exercise room. But it's just like an empty space or trash or something and say, okay, cool. If you're in survey, I hope you guys can see where my cursor is, there's a little status bar at the bottom. Where the number is on the far right, where my cursor is right here, if you tap that, it'll bring up this screen and then you can enter information in and it will then appear later in stitch.

[00:17:27]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - This is the scan number, 001?

[00:17:28]
Chris White: - Yeah. So what is it? Zero zero one. Yeah, you got it. This is super cool, because that means that you can basically label your scans just like you did with IMS 5, and you can add little bits of information, which is neat. Like I said, it's really handy when someone says, hey, I need you to label this something or I need you to hide it. You can see it says there on my cursor's is hiding portal. What that means is if you tap it that will automatically be disabled. You might think, well, that seems like a lot of work. I'm on-site, I'll just do it later and stitch.

[00:18:00]
Chris White: That's fine. Go for it. The benefit here is that you have shoot sometimes that you're not in a hurry. You've got lots of time, maybe your next shoot's at noon and it's 9:00 AM and you're just relaxing and having fun. Well, you could do the work here and really choose what you want to see and what you don't want to see on the tour, so that when you load it up and stitch it's just done already. Make best use of your time when you get home. Play video games instead. You do whatever you enjoy.

[00:18:25]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Question.

[00:18:26]
Chris White: - Yeah.

[00:18:27]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Who sees those notes?

[00:18:29]
Chris White: - That's a good question. You will see them. I think that if they stay there, they get transferred to the drafters as well. I'd have to check on that.

[00:18:39]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - I don't believe they do. They're just for you.

[00:18:41]
Chris White: - I think you're right. There's a specific note section in stitch.

[00:18:46]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - The note here is that these private notes are just for you.

[00:18:51]
Chris White: - Does it say that? Then yeah.

[00:18:53]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - They do not get automatically transferred. The notes that you want to leave for drafters should be done in stitch.

[00:19:02]
Chris White: - That's fair.

[00:19:02]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - They don't see these notes. Necessarily they're not going to take direction on them. So we want to set up that expectation so that you're not making extensive notes for the drafting team and then sorely disappointed, when they haven't saved by the drafting team.

[00:19:17]
Chris White: - Saved. Excellent. See, I would've been like, oh, yeah, the drafters totally see it.

[00:19:21]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - No, this is just for you.

[00:19:23]
Chris White: - There's other stuff here. Look at this, look at all the work it's got in this. Project thesis retrieved, bug fix, bug fix, automatically set basement floor below grade. That's cool. Wi-Fi connection. The Wi-Fi connection has been a really good on my plan. I don't have it here, but it's very solid. It was a little bit odd in my area for a bit, but it's fine. I have much Wi-Fi sources in this area for interference. USB management improvement. Sounds good. Moving on. Well, so this is related to the previous thing.

[00:19:55]
Chris White: You have no support for private notes for scans. I guess private means it's for you alone. That's fair.

[00:19:59]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yeah. The last sentences, as a reminder, they're not available to drafters.

[00:20:03]
Chris White: - Yeah. Cool. This is an interesting one. I don't use this ever really, but this is cool. There's a Create iGUIDE button now on the export screen. So it'll just take you straight to the website, convenience, little quality of life, cool. We're always looking for that kind of stuff. Your success is our success and all that.

[00:20:23]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Absolutely.

[00:20:25]
Chris White: Let's see what else we've got. Add color equalization. That's cool.

[00:20:32]
Chris White: There's nothing in here that requires a great deal of explanation, but anyway, lots of little fixes and features. Cool.

[00:20:40]

[00:20:41]
Chris White: - You don't enter a cutter well in June. You can enter a custom disclaimer on the feature sheet creators. Some people don't know it exists. Some people love it, and I can't live without it. If you don't know the feature sheet creator is built into every iGUIDE report and basically, you can click on the link in the report under Tools. It has a feature sheet creator and then it'll pull all the assets from the iGUIDE into the feature sheet creator. That's images from the gallery and floor plans and branding and then make a little brochure. Very cool. Apparently you can also add a custom disclaimer as well. Awesome.

[00:21:13]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yeah. I believe that was again from a feature suggestion or a ticket, something along the lines of a custom requests from a real estate agent who wanted the ability to add in something. This is not intended to solicit other business type idea that go through and agents are supposed to put on their stuff. Yeah.

[00:21:36]
Chris White: - That makes sense. This was a sample requirement somewhere.

[00:21:39]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - We didn't add to that specific text and instead we added this, which covers that ability and then also whatever other custom text you want to add in.

[00:21:51]
Chris White: - Okay. That's it. Next.

[00:21:54]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - One down.

[00:21:54]
Chris White: - One down. Twenty to go. That was gorgeous. Some of them are shorter. That was pretty long. Where is it? July, I think.

[00:22:07]
Chris White: It's barbecue season. Okay. Yeah. This relates to what we talked about. Outdoor scans are not going to not going to move anymore. That was a direct result of Hangzhou. Unscanned areas will not be drafted. Let's look at that one. Oh, it's a reminder. Fair? Yeah. I'll just explain and then hopefully it makes sense. If you don't scan a space, address people will not draw it in. It doesn't matter if you know how big it was and it doesn't matter if it really obviously looks like there should be a thing there.

[00:22:41]
Chris White: The drafters are very aware of the risks.

[00:22:45]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Doesn't matter if you have a photo of it.

[00:22:49]
Chris White: - Anyway, just long story short, if you didn't scan it, they won't draft it and you'll have to go back and scan it. Yes, I know that sucks, but it's for everyone's own good. It's always been this way with a few little tiny weird exceptions, but those are mistakes rather than the general rule.

[00:23:07]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - If you are curious, you can go back and watch the master class we had with our guest host Marius, who is one of the team leads of our drafting department. He is our original OG drafter, he walks us through why they can't do that and shows us why. Well, it looks like it was. It was a very informative one for sure. In your spare time as you're scrolling through and doing your roll a dice of tech updates throughout that master clip.

[00:23:40]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: That's just a reminder because if you miss a space, especially in the busy season, like we get it, it's sucks. Sucks when you have to go back. But we really do stand by our measurements and we want you to be able to stand by them too as a result, which means we can't draft in a space just because you missed it and just because it sucks.

[00:24:00]
Chris White: - There's a bunch of reasons.

[00:24:01]

[00:24:01]
Chris White: - We don't know how our doors are. - It means in accuracies in the floor plan.

[00:24:05]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yes. Essentially, that's what precision anachronistic look like. Yeah.

[00:24:09]
Chris White: - Moving on. That was intense, that was drawn. Fixed for upside down gallery. I guess when rotation data is encoded into images sometimes and sometimes what happens is that phones don't know if the right side up or upside down. People would put an image online and it would get flipped upside down. There's a fixed for that panel. It does happen sometimes, trust me. Tech tips on my iGUIDE page. That's a cool one and I forgot that was a thing.

[00:24:34]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - I did not. Well, but sometimes I do and then I remember.

[00:24:39]
Chris White: - Okay. I hope you guys can see my screen. You're on your My iGUIDE page. You're having the time of your life you're making iGUIDEs over here. You're looking at the ones you've made and you're so proud of yourself and then think to yourself, is there more in answers? Yes. There's a sidebar over here, always here. I was like, hot tips and stuff. This is purely educational stuff.

[00:25:01]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Information sharing.

[00:25:04]
Chris White: - Where this comes from is that the tech team get constant tickets and information about what's important. If you see it over here, that means that it came up a lot. You can actually save yourself time and energy by just having a quick look and you might find a problem that you yourself haven't had yet, but it may come up and it needs to investigate. They're always the same and have a little title. There's a description and there's a link. You click on. It takes you to something, knowledge base article or whatever. That's cool. Little reminder there.

[00:25:34]
Chris White: Sometimes for a feature update or something as well if we think it's important to include over there. That's neat. Okay. That's it for that see that was fast. That one was so fast.

[00:25:44]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Now, number two, down.

[00:25:50]
Chris White: - Here and here and now we're in August.

[00:25:56]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Rolling on through.

[00:25:57]
Chris White: - Saying goodbye to summer.

[00:26:00]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Well, not yet.

[00:26:02]
Chris White: - Hey, well, August was a big one so ratings came out. It's pretty big deal.

[00:26:07]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - What's RADIX for?

[00:26:08]
Chris White: - RADIX is for stuff. That's all. It really is great. This is funny out of all the things that came out over the last two years, like PLANIX, I am as obviously it's all these big stuff. That's like, floor plan integration. RADIX is probably the funniest because what it means, is that you can just measure whatever you want and the drafters don't draft it.

[00:26:29]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yeah. They don't see it. They don't need to touch it.

[00:26:31]
Chris White: They don't draw, they don't care. You can just mess around with it like I did my house a couple of times. I did the backyard, did the neighborhood because I was like, why not? The range of the laser on PLANIX is ridiculous. You can measure houses across the street. I had a lot of fun just to mess around it. That's not what it was for. It's for measuring buildings that are under construction. RADIX was originally intended for insurance, restoration and construction. You go and measure a space that you would then draw yourself. You don't need the drafters' truck. You can do it yourself anyway in separate software like exactly.

[00:27:03]
Chris White: RADIX is awesome for that and this is fast, because there's no drafting. As soon as it's done, you upload it. That's it. You got it. It's pretty cool. If you want more information about RADIX, you can go onto our website. You'll see there's pricing. That's great. A new version to stitch came out with support for RADIX and access. Then with some bug fixes, then there's a firmware update. The firmware update relates to RADIX. It gives you the ability to upload directly from your device.

[00:27:35]
Chris White: This is a big deal.

[00:27:40]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - IMS 5.

[00:27:40]
Chris White: - Correct. Here's why it a big deal. You could go out and shoot a RADIX of something. Then upload it and have it in someone's hands then. It can only takes a minute or two to be processed. That's fast. I can't think of anything that's faster.

[00:27:55]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Lightning speed.

[00:27:57]
Chris White: - Rocket cars, rocket faster, but other than that, it's still pretty fast. At the speed of light, you can upload this information from your smart device and have it basically be processed and have a little report already, very cool. I think that's the only update here. It's just the PLANIX/RADIX support in survey. That's cool. I'm still look Diego see you later August. Get out of here.

[00:28:23]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Bye.

[00:28:25]
Chris White: - October. I don't think anything happened in October, did it?

[00:28:29]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Well.

[00:28:30]
Chris White: - Canadian thanksgiving.

[00:28:32]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - That's right.

[00:28:34]
Chris White: - Hell no, technical update stuff.

[00:28:35]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Look at that.

[00:28:38]
Chris White: - Okay, perfect. There's a firmware update and some bug fixes. I guess the other one was a pre-announcement. This is when the actual firmware was updated with the download it to upload directly from your device

[00:28:57]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - No, that was just the other bug fixes. There was a new firmware update, the new export. But it was mainly for the bug fixes because during this RADIX system made at this point of this tuck release. When we released it the previous month, it still made up. People were finding some issues and we were fixing them. Lots of work.

[00:29:27]
Chris White: - Well, thank you for finding bugs. If you found them.

[00:29:29]

[00:29:30]
Chris White: - Feedback is a gift.

[00:29:31]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - It is. We appreciate it. We take it. Yeah.

[00:29:34]
Chris White: - Exactly. Initial zoom level is here. I mentioned that earlier.

[00:29:39]

[00:29:39]
Chris White: I was right. It did appear later synchronous.

[00:29:41]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yes. It did.

[00:29:43]
Chris White: - It's in the portal. You can go click and set the zoom level on the edit screen. Very cool. Then you can start that. I got into the current floor, you can pick which floor you're starting. Very cool. This was an interesting one. The drafting team will no longer pick your initial panel. That's for the best, to be honest. I almost you're looking at where they're just like whatever. There is a certain amount thought required in picking that Panorama. I forget what it was these to pick dining rooms a lot? I think or something. I don't remember.

[00:30:13]
Chris White: They had some rules they were using. The very first thing your tour shows, you should pick that because you know what's important.

[00:30:21]

[00:30:22]
Chris White: - Now, that's a very subjective thing. You're at much better guess for me having physically been there of what should be foreseen. What do we have here? Stitch new version. A new version of that stitch. Export 360 camera information, that's cool.

[00:30:44]
Chris White: Prevent exporting with overlapping standpoints. Okay, that's cool. That means if you have more than one scan on top of each other and some are disabled, but some are enabled and they overlap and they will leave. That's good, that's very safe. Minor UI improvements, all good stuff. The second last thing is French language support. There we go. Top right-hand corner of the iGUIDE, there's a language selector. It's just the first step. There's a lot of French to Canada here in the United States, that's why.

[00:31:17]
Chris White: But language selected. Pretty cool. There's a bunch of details about this. We won't go through them now. I think it has to do with what's translated and what's not. Yeah, that's exactly what it is. Then the last thing is prepared date. Now in numeric form and on PDF. I think this is probably the most exciting thing we're talking about.

[00:31:39]
Chris White: This month, this year. This is the one.

[00:31:41]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - No, it's a good one. But it doesn't trump some other stuff.

[00:31:47]
Chris White: - I know that it's typical on floor plans to have the prepared by dates they've just chosen to make it numerical. That's pretty cool. I support that. That's great. How are we doing for time?

[00:32:00]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Look at us.

[00:32:02]
Chris White: - Not bad. There's two in November. What's up with that?

[00:32:06]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Well, the second one couldn't wait until December. That's why.

[00:32:13]
Chris White: It's a big deal.

[00:32:14]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - It was a big deal, and it still is.

[00:32:17]
Chris White: Stitch add support for macOS. Well, this one was a huge pain because it broke Stitch, I think. There was some weird stuff with the new macOS. Anyway, they fix it. It was great.

[00:32:30]

[00:32:31]
Chris White: - That's awesome. Then they removed support for 32-bit Windows, which is awesome because we used to have to always upload the two different versions and then they'll have to check them and make sure they're accurate 32-bit versus 64-bit. No more 32-bit, it's gone. Only 64-bit.

[00:32:44]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Bye-bye.

[00:32:45]
Chris White: - See you later. Other than that, I think that was it. That's it. Then we got a little teaser for the HDR. This example is in our old office and you can see that there's a difference between the two. Let's go to the fun one that everybody wants to talk about, the HDR.

[00:33:05]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Let's do it.

[00:33:07]
Chris White: - In a little bit. I should've had that. I didn't time that right, I should've had it there and then.

[00:33:12]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Bam.

[00:33:15]
Chris White: This tech update is all we're going to talk about for the rest until we have some questions, but this is the big one and this is one everyone's asking about, and I talked about it in the last masterclass and I'm going to talk about it again.

[00:33:25]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - We are because it was a big deal.

[00:33:28]
Chris White: There has been some chitchat on the forum and some on the Facebook group and just amongst people about what to use and when to use it and what this all means. I'm going to break it down for you. I don't need to read this because I helped write it. But basically, here's our examples. This fun fact is my living room, you see here. These are my poem chairs. One of them I bought from IKEA, obviously, the other one I bought from a nice family in Stratford for five bucks or ten bucks. I don't know. Something like that.

[00:33:57]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - That's a great price.

[00:33:59]
Chris White: - It's a good deal. Used shopping during COVID has been an absolute delight because everyone is wary about going to stores, so they'd rather have some random stranger show up and buy their junk. I don't know.

[00:34:12]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Ironic.

[00:34:13]
Chris White: - It's been very easy to get stuff lately. Anyway.

[00:34:15]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Porch pickup.

[00:34:17]
Chris White: - We've done quite a bit of that, porch pickup. It's been great because you just leave on the porch, you transferred the money. It's awesome. HDR improvement. The previous HDR implementation in PLANIX prior to this update was basically what the Ricoh camera would do in the Z1 or Z1 if you're American. That meant that it was just one type of HDR. You had on, you had off.

[00:34:39]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Off.

[00:34:39]
Chris White: - That was it. That's honestly enough for most people because on means that it's going to take a little longer to shoot, especially if you're in two-shot mode. But you're going to get more detail in the highlights and more detail in the shadows at the expense of that time. Check them off means it's super-fast, but obviously, the images are going to be less detailed. Cool. It made your life really easy because all you had to do is decide whether you wanted HDR or not. Now with the update, we've gone from two settings to five settings,

[00:35:14]
Chris White: and those settings are the originals. First one is Ricoh. It's the exact same thing that you had before. If you don't like what's going on, it's not broken, don't fix it. Just keep using Ricoh. But then you also have off as well, you still have that. Then you have three settings that use the iGUIDE infuse method of HDR. The three settings are identified by their exposure values. I don't know if they're shown here.

[00:35:44]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Did you know if on the image you have at the top?

[00:35:48]
Chris White: - Well, that's good enough. Anyway, the exposure values refers to how much darker or how much lighter something is. The higher the number, as in the larger the number, the more extreme something is. There are three settings: Minus five plus two, which means images are going to be taken that are darker, that are lighter, and that are right in the middle. Then there's minus three plus three, which means that images are going to be taken that are slightly brighter, slightly darker, and something in the middle. Then there's minus one plus one,

[00:36:19]
Chris White: which means that there's going to be a image that's a little bit darker and a little bit lighter and then one in the middle. I'm not going to go into detail about how HDR works. But those images are fused together in the camera and then it spews out a resulting composite that has a different look and feel to what you would get if you just took one image. You're going to see images that have windows that you can look through and shadows that you can see details and that kind of stuff. The question is, should I stick with Ricoh or should I move on to the iGUIDE you want to try it out?

[00:36:51]
Chris White: The only person who can answer that question is you because you have to test it. The best thing to do if you're curious is to try it out at a couple of houses. None of the iGUIDE versions are any faster. It's not a speed saving, so it's just purely a quality thing. My recommendation, my hot take, I haven't said that in a while, that it's not old. It still works.

[00:37:16]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - It still works.

[00:37:17]
Chris White: - We're going to bring it back, hot take is that if you're at a house and you're just normal workflow, leave it on Ricoh. Then when you get to a place where you think, "Oh, this looks nice," try the iGUIDE one. Go to Settings, go to HDR, and select in the drop-down minus five plus two. If you do that, what you will see, and you can actually see it in the image on screen right here. I'm going to try it to zoom in. Is that going to work? No, we don't zoom to it. Now there we go. What you'll see is that it's not like night and day. It's subtle.

[00:37:50]
Chris White: But the Ricoh has some properties to it in the HDR that I personally don't really like for all images. One is that it's got a bit of a weird thing with white balance. The blues are odd. I don't know why, but they're strange. There's some strange magenta tones around highlights that aren't, strictly speaking, chromatic aberration or sphero chromatism. But they look like it. It's weird. I don't know how to describe it. I'm getting technical here. The Ricoh has this blooming thing around windows I don't like.

[00:38:21]
Chris White: The detail and the highlights, it's okay. It's nothing fabulous. I find the way it handles colors to be weird. The iGUIDE version I just like better. I like the way it handles color better. I like the detail and the highlights better. Whether there's more of it or not. There is, I can see that more. It's not huge, but it's there. I prefer the iGUIDE. Is it worth the time? Maybe, maybe not. It depends. My suggestion, my hot take again is that if you want to try this out, take it to a house, try it out in a room with Ricoh and then switch it on the fly right there to iGUIDE,

[00:38:53]
Chris White: shoot with the iGUIDE so you've got two panoramas in the same spot, and then you can just straight up like compare them when you get them to Stitch.

[00:39:00]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Check it out

[00:39:00]
Chris White: - Just slowly work it in until you get a feel for it. What you're going to find, and this is the chat I'm seeing here or there is like it takes longer. You don't want to the shoot take longer, so make it worth it. If it's going to take longer, then use it when you need it. If you've got a condo and it's big windows and it's all nothing but views and the inside is not that important, well, maybe you want to work the HDR a little harder so that extra time may be worth it. Or you've got more extreme scenarios where you've got darker darks and brighter brights and you

[00:39:30]
Chris White: want to get more detail out of the shadows and highlights, maybe try out iGUIDE version. Experiment with it, that's what I'm saying. One of the amazing things about the iGUIDE camera system is that you can mess around, you can experiment. If you get something that you like better, you can just turn off the thing you don't like. It's like any type of photography. You might take 100 pictures of your dog, but you don't share them all on Facebook. You pick the awesome one and you share that and then

[00:40:01]
Chris White: your cousins think you're the best photographer ever. That's how that works.

[00:40:05]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Pick the best one, absolutely.

[00:40:09]
Chris White: -Out of the settings, I'll just describe what they're for. Ricoh is fast. It's the fastest way to get HDR. The faster setting is off if you don't do HDR very quick.

[00:40:20]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: -Sure.

[00:40:20]
Chris White: -If you have Ricoh one on, it's fast. If you have any of the iGUIDE ones on, they're all going to be slower. But each of the iGUIDE settings has its own reason. Minus five plus two, which is shown here, it's weird. It's asymmetrical, but it's very effective, and it works really well, and it looks good pretty much for everything. If you just want to try one, do that one. Use it for everything. It's awesome. However, there are some times where you want more options, so that's when you'd probably use minus three plus three.

[00:40:51]
Chris White: That's going to boost the shadows a little more. It just has a different look to it. I can't really describe it except that the shadows and highlights look different. But again, try it out, experiment. But the minus one plus one, that is the trickiest. People always like, why would I do that? All these settings are in minus five. If you know minus five, you'll know already what I'm referring to because they have settings. They're called indoor, outdoor, and I forget what the other one is. But the minus one plus one, we used to call it outdoor, but that was problematic because people thought that as soon as they went outside, they should use that.

[00:41:23]
Chris White: The actual truth of it is that you should not do that. The settings are really more like low, medium, and high. The minus one plus one is like the low HDR setting. It has less of an effect, and you can tell that from the numbers. Obviously, it's minus one instead of minus five. The way where you would use that as if you're like out in a field or something, so you don't have deep shadows, you don't have really bright highlights, but there are some. You think to yourself, let's give this a try, and I'll try to get a little more detail, but we don't need to go extreme line.

[00:41:54]
Chris White: It's actually far safer just to always use minus five plus two, even when you're outside if you really don't know what you're doing. The minus one plus one can create a really nice look if you're just going around the outside of the building. Where that one fails you, is if you're on a covered porch or something, so that can be very dark. Then whatever's outside the porch can be very bright. In that scenario, yes, you are outdoors, but the difference between the light and dark is so extreme that you really wouldn't want to use the indoor setting minus five plus two.

[00:42:25]
Chris White: That's why those names are gone. It's more like low, medium, high. Either way, let's stick with minus five plus two. You can be fine, and experiment.

[00:42:34]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: -That's a good point.

[00:42:34]
Chris White: -That's my hot take. Experiment with it, try it out, see what you think. It's going to take a little longer, but you might get results that look a little better. Anyway, it's just another tool that you have access to.

[00:42:44]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: -You guys asked for it.

[00:42:46]
Chris White: -Literally.

[00:42:47]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: -We heard you, and we did it. It was a big project.

[00:42:52]
Chris White: -Yeah. Kelly and I coded it ourselves. We did all the software development. No, I'm kidding.

[00:42:58]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: -That's funny. There's no way.

[00:43:02]
Chris White: -Cool. That's the last one that we had.

[00:43:06]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: -That's it.

[00:43:06]
Chris White: -Are we going to have another one before the end of the year, another tech update?

[00:43:09]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: -I don't think so.

[00:43:12]
Chris White: -I don't think so either.

[00:43:15]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: -I don't think so. I don't think there's anything that's going to be released that's worth it. We're constantly working on stuff, so there may be little things, but we'll probably accumulate whatever those things are and wait till January.

[00:43:28]
Chris White: -Yes, more of a January thing. That's fair. If we put another communication out this month, I don't know that anyone's going to read it.

[00:43:37]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: -No, some might be. Also, we did two in November. We doubled up.

[00:43:42]
Chris White: -See? Then that's fair. That's awesome.

[00:43:46]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: -We had a few questions. I answered some with a typed answer, so you guys can see those there. Then I'll start backwards because the last question relates specifically to this. Tim says, "We'll be at some point be able to take advantage of the DualFisheye Plug-in from the Z1, side 1, and associated EV range that comes with that?"

[00:44:10]
Chris White: -I can answer that and not. Right now, the way that our system works is that it engages with Theta in such a way that it's essentially controlling it through a set of software controls, which I guess makes sense. I don't know. The ability to use plug-ins is not available in that. That means that we, currently, to the best of my knowledge, we cannot take advantage of it yet. Would we like to add more dynamic range and the ability to take more stunning images?

[00:44:40]
Chris White: Heck yeah, obviously. I think that's something we're always looking at. If that becomes available, obviously, we're going to work toward making the images the best they can be. But at the moment, no.

[00:44:54]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: -All right. James Carey, "We were talking about exterior PAN-OS previously in this masterclass. Can one use exterior PAN-OS to create lot lines and a plot plan?"

[00:45:11]
Chris White: -The answer is yes.

[00:45:12]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: -Like a site plan idea?

[00:45:15]
Chris White: -I'll explain how you would do that. When you are capturing data, there's more to the data than just what the drafter's draw. It's actually Radix, perfect example. You've got all that laser point Cloud data. The draftspeople are not going to draw a site plan or any exterior elements other than ones that are attached to the property. Even then they're there for attractiveness more than accuracy, in most cases, but it's not a site plan, which is I believe what you asked for.

[00:45:46]
Chris White: If you want a site plan, what you would have to do is you would have to do something else. You'd have to either draw it yourself or have someone else draw it because we won't do it for you. But it is possible. I'll give you an example. You go shoot a property, and then you take the camera outside, and just pure stroke of luck, the entire property is surrounded by a fence, all sides. There you go. It's a big rectangle I assume. Anyway, if you take the camera outside and you're measuring around the outside of the property, the laser, especially if it's PLANIX, very good, it's going to hit that, and you're going to have a perfect rectangle in the laser data surrounding your property.

[00:46:20]
Chris White: That laser data is available in two different places. One is if you just get a Radix. You'll just straight up see it, which is that's what it's made of, or if you do a regular iGUIDE and then you go look at the DXF. The DXF file is the AutoCad version, and it will have point Cloud data in it. What you could do is you could take that DXF, and you could send it to someone along with the 3D tour and have them do a site plan for you. They're going to have to do a combination of two things.

[00:46:50]
Chris White: That's where this gets a little quirky. It totally works, but you have to explain it to someone before they get it. When you look at the DXF, you're going to see a floor plan essentially with a bunch of squiggles around it that are points for laser data. If someone's going to draft a site plan, what they need to do is they need to be able to load up that DXF, look at it, and figure out what the data means because it's just a bunch of dots. Let's suppose in this scenario, it's a perfect fence. They're going to see a very nice rectangle. That's not rocket science.

[00:47:21]
Chris White: But if they go and they look at the iGUIDE, they're going to see, I see. That's a fence. What iGUIDE does is it connects the data with the visuals, and that's what you need in order to draw something accurately because you need know what it is you're drawing. When someone's doing a site plan, what they would do is they would look at DXF. They would draw it out, and say, what are we looking at here? Then they go to the iGUIDE, and they would just use the visuals to investigate, or they could use the advanced measurements to measure details that aren't on that specific perimeter.

[00:47:53]
Chris White: That could be anything, patios or whatever. Then you would need a lot of exterior panoramas placed, and they would have to be in their actual relative positions for any of that measurement to work because you have to do a lot more work. The reason this can be very challenging, but it is still possible is that it's very rare that you would actually have the boundary of a property clearly defined because very few people have a perfect fence right along the property line surrounding the house.

[00:48:24]
Chris White: There's usually something there that resembles a fence, there's just details or whatever. I'll give you an example. In my yard I have a big hedge that goes around like two sides of the backyard. So when I scan in the back, I can see it I know where the yard is. I couldn't draw a site plan from that because I don't know where the property line is immersed in the hedge.

[00:48:45]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Right.

[00:48:45]
Chris White: - I could just guess. Like if it's a site plan for looks alone, then just draw whatever you want.

[00:48:49]

[00:48:50]
Chris White: - But if you're trying to make a real one, well then you have to establish that boundary somehow. So what that usually means, not so much for site plans, it's mostly for things that are harder to measure like roofs, but it's the same principle. You have to put something on the property lines so that you can measure, a pole or some kind of marker that the laser can then hit. Because otherwise, you'd be measuring from what? You know what I mean? There's all sorts of complications in there and they have a lot to do with just the actual act of making the site plan, but to answer the question which I believe it was originally stated, yes,

[00:49:22]
Chris White: you can capture data that can be then used to create a site plan, but essentially we won't do it for you or draw the graph, rather you have to do it yourself, the data is there. Actually honest advice if you really want a site plan and you really want to make it look nice and it doesn't really matter if it's accurate, just use floor planner. It's awesome. You can export the floor plan and then just import any image you want and just do it in Photoshop, just make a site plan. You need a little disclaimer that says it's not real, but other than that,

[00:49:54]
Chris White: your option is to go to a third party and ask them to do it and they're going to have their own weird requirements so you'll have to deal with that. Okay, sorry, that was a really long answer. How are we doing?

[00:50:03]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - We are good. We have only one more question and it is with my first, I had the problem with the dark shadow by measuring, can I make it better by shooting more PAN-OS photos in the room?

[00:50:17]
Chris White: - You can. Yeah, absolutely. So the RICOH Z1, depending on what country you're in, that's never going to not be a problem for me.

[00:50:27]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - I know right.

[00:50:29]
Chris White: - So it's doing what all cameras do, and that it's, it's metering. So it's guessing the overall exposure and it does a good job. It's awesome. But it guesses it based on where it's located and what it's pointing at or whatever. So shooting more images in a room means that you have a higher likelihood of having Theta prioritize a darker area of the scene. I'll just give you an example. You've got a big bank of windows on the right side of the room and you've got a shadowy, weird, dark leather furniture set within Ottoman and a sectional over on the right side.

[00:51:03]
Chris White: So if you shoot over by the window, very bright, that means you've got the shadows are going to suffer a little bit. If you go and you shoot over by the really dark, leather furniture, well, that's very dark so then the highlights might suffer a little bit. Because if the scene's dark, the camera's going to try to brighten it up. And if the scene's really light, the camera's going to try to darken it down. So placing the camera in different positions and shooting more, yes, that will definitely help you. Changing your settings, it's going to help you. So that minus three plus three setting I mentioned before is a good one to try. It's got a pretty significant boost on the shadows, so that's cool.

[00:51:36]
Chris White: And then you've always got the ability to boost in posts. So when you're in Stitch, you've got an obvious exposure slider or brightness, but then you also have the shadow slider too. So shooting and post-processing work together. So if you shoot more, it's more work, yes. But you'll have more to work with later when you're in Stitch. So even if you shoot a whole bunch of panorama it's too many and none of them really work out, it just gives you a higher probability that you can boost one

[00:52:07]
Chris White: successfully and post to get whatever look it is that you are going for. And in the event that you are really struggling to get something that works, and you've got a lot of panoramas, don't forget that you can always take any of the images from the camera and bring them into a third party piece of software?

[00:52:25]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - You can?

[00:52:26]
Chris White: - You can. I know right.

[00:52:30]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Sorry for bringing the drama, I'm sorry.

[00:52:33]
Chris White: - You brought it. It was brought. Stitch mimics, it does a really, really good job, but it really is mimicking certain features of Photoshop that are astronomically good. So if you bring the photos into Photoshop or Lightroom or Adobe or what is it the other one that everyone loves, Capture One. If you bring your software or your MDs in there, sometimes you can just get weird results that you would never get in Stitch just because stitch was never designed to do that.

[00:52:59]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Right.

[00:53:00]
Chris White: - And you can do it, I mean, Photoshop is nuts. You can do masking, I mean the dark shadow at the Stitch window shop and the measurement part. I know you're talking about, when you click measure mode, you can see that weird shadow on scene. Did you get that with Planix Pro or is that only in the regular model?

[00:53:18]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Just Planix

[00:53:19]
Chris White: - That's what I thought. Okay, well there's two solutions. Don't forget all that stuff I just said it's still valuable.

[00:53:28]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Still good stuff.

[00:53:30]
Chris White: - It's still good but that region there that shadow is designed to discourage you from measuring them because it's not as accurate. So that's one of the differences Planix and Planix Pro. Planix Pro is calibrated so that area is more accurate measurement. So you can always send the camera and have it calibrated, that's one way. You can try indoor Planix Pro, actually you don't even need to send it in. Isn't it like a software thing? Don't quote me on this.

[00:53:54]

[00:53:54]
Chris White: - I'm mostly sure it's a software thing. The only exception is, you'd have to check, actually you'd have to email us and we'll have to check your serial number.

[00:54:04]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - It's particular if you're not sure.

[00:54:05]
Chris White: - Exactly, great tip. So if you do that, that area will be gone. The other thing that you would consider is prioritizing the center of the lens. If you've got something that you need to measure, you have to work a little harder to measure it if you have that shaded area. What you're going to do typically is you're going to point it at the center of the lens at something so that that area is what you can measure on. That's always going to be best practice because what's

[00:54:35]
Chris White: happen is at the center of the lens is the sharpest and most attractive part anyway. So if you've got like, I'm trying to think of something you want to measure. Our place, electrical panel, wall, I don't know. Point the center of the lens toward that thing and then you'll be able to measure on it and that's another area where shooting lots of panoramas, it's quite helpful. People tend to point the camera in the same direction all the time. Like always North or something and it's fine. But it's a better idea to always be pointing it at things that are important. It's very similar to IMS-5 if you use camera system.

[00:55:07]
Chris White: You're always pointing the lens center at something important. It'll keep you out of a lot of trouble because that'll be the starting position of a lot of the panoramas anyway so you don't have to configure them and people wouldn't start a panorama looking like a blank wall. In terms of the darkness issue though, just in case I'm completely wrong, I would open a ticket anyway.

[00:55:25]

[00:55:25]
Chris White: - Don't tell Texport I said that but please do it. I'm kidding. They don't care. I think, we're good. Does anyone have any more, oh no, we're out of time. That's it. It's 2:58.

[00:55:41]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Ask particular if you have questions.

[00:55:43]
Chris White: - Exactly. Okay. Awesome. Thank you so much everybody. I will have to turn off my screen share. The coming was awesome. We're not going to have another Masterclass until next year, right?

[00:55:54]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - I'll have to double check. Yeah.

[00:55:56]
Chris White: - Probably. So if this is the last Masterclass.

[00:56:01]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Happy holidays.

[00:56:02]
Chris White: - Merry holidays.

[00:56:04]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Merry new year.

[00:56:06]
Chris White: - Happy new year's.

[00:56:07]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - All the fun stuff and we will be releasing a new Masterclass calendar for 2022, just for the first six months of the year. We have some good stuff planned. Farming apps and stuff have some new faces. Bring you the latest and greatest.

[00:56:26]
Chris White: - And a lot of exciting topics and yet different people, not me.

[00:56:30]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yeah. I love you.

[00:56:32]
Chris White: - Everyone is so sick of me. Like why do they keep having this guy do Masterclass, just get him out of here. We see his guitars, it's boring.

[00:56:41]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - You're a staple. I think people will miss you, but it will be nice to have some fresh blood.

[00:56:47]
Chris White: - Absolutely.

[00:56:48]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yeah, I'm excited.

[00:56:49]
Chris White: - Thanks everyone. If you're still here, go join the Facebook group if you haven't. Subscribe to YouTube.

[00:56:55]
Kelly Targosz Valdez: - Yes, subscribe to our YouTube Channel and hit the notification button. Click the subscribe. All of these.

[00:57:03]
Ch