Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CupixCupixHomeCupixWorks

Does anyone use Cupix?16089

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I looked at Cupix a few years ago and found it difficult to work thru. I choose to give it a second chance and found the work follow better but still having a few issues. I am just looking to see if anyone uses it and how they are using it. I was looking to use it as a quick easy way to document construction projects in the framing and or during the course of construction to document the build both for the customer and the contractor or builder.

This is what I found and dislike about the program, I am currently using the free version and limited to three models and 250 MB of data. No big deal if I can develop a good model, I use it to show customers and move up to a paid version.

My first model I used the automated tour builder and downloaded all my Pano's. It built the tour and the links from hotspot to hotspot did not make since. The 3D model it generated did not work, I would guess not enough Pano's, but being limited to 250 MB's I kept the distance between Pano's further apart. No big deal, but I was immediately given a warning I had exceeded the 250 MB limit of my free version.

So, thinking no big deal I will delete the model and start over and build the model manually to reduce Pano's and MB of used space. I deleted it and started building the second model ran into a snag deleted it.

I start the third model, it is going good looking good and because I am slowly working thru it, I am only uploading three Pano's at a time to monitor MB used and after uploading 17 Pano's I get an error message that said the last three Pano's were not uploaded and or processed. I re-upload the same three Pano's and low and behold the model process works fine. I open the model and find the last three Pano's are there, but there is two of each of them, no big deal but I see the MB's used appeared to indicate MB's of storage reflect the extra Pano's. No big deal I look to delete these extra Pano's and find no way to delete them and they are eating into my precious MB of data storage. So, I contact customer support and find out you cannot delete them to reduce storage space.

I think easy fix I will delete the whole model start over and work thru each upload, so I start on a new model to be given a second error message I have exceeded the number of models allowed. Even thou there was only one in my file the two that were deleted counted against the number of models I am allowed this month.

All of this to just blow off a little frustration with Cupix but to see if anyone use's Cupix, see how they are using it or what software others might be using to document a construction build both for the customer and contractor.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
It sounds like you are using Cupix Homes rather than Cupix Works which may be more applicable to what you want to do.
I use Homes but I am creating 3D walkthroughs from a totally computer generated 3D model and it works well.

If you have a business I think you need to invest $24 to buy a one month SMALL PACK. Then you will get an idea of what it can do. It won't break the bank.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@CharlesHH Great input but $24 is not a lot I agree but I would like to build a free model to showcase the product. If I cannot find any interest in this, then no loss whereas if am paying the ongoing $24 until I choose to drop the product or continue with it, I could be out that cost over a one or two year period to build up that part of the business. I am using the Home version not the Cupix Works.

One quick question for you can you download the models and host them on your webpage without depending on Cupix's servers?

Thank you for your input.
Post 3 IP   flag post
No you cannot download them. But the Cupix servers are very good and I would trust them much more than my supplier! I get a lot of visitors at the same time when my models go live.
I think 3D Vista is best if you want to download and not be reliant on somebody else's servers.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
Dcook001 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Charles:

Assuming its not proprietary could you share your cupix model Walkthrough with us?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@CharlesHH Thank you for the input again, I am not worried about the Cupix servers, just the ongoing cost until I build up that part of my business. Again thank you and I am looking at 3D Vista it maybe the best of both worlds.

Ron
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Dcook001 Here is one that is featured on my web site
clickable text
Remember this was built from imagination!! The location with lighthouse and wind farm is based on a coastal city.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
Interesting. Thank you Charles
Post 8 IP   flag post
zenith012 private msg quote post Address this user
We use CUPIX for large spaces (AEC). Works fairly well - BIM model - over time comparisons etc. You can do single, multi, or video (time lapse ultimately) to overlay on plans and simulate a googlemaps type walkthrough of a space.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
Hello Zenith:

Can you show us a sample of the google maps Walkthrough?
Post 10 IP   flag post
zenith012 private msg quote post Address this user
This may give a good idea from a real capture.

Note the map on the left bottom - the arrow etc.

You bounce around by using the bubbles on the min-map - or clicking in the image part.

The other snapshot shows the panos location and height you can use as click through.

It's all 360....

Post 11 IP   flag post
101421 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?