Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaiGUIDEVersus

Is iGuide really good as you guys are talking here?16039

Tutanchamun private msg quote post Address this user
Hey people, I were reading your posts about iGuide and from the beginning it seems to be a faster alternative to Matterport.

But really do I miss two features of Matterport.

First it is the fluent movements of the Matterport tours, without zooming and blending.

And second does the the LiDAR only scan in two directions (2D), which is enough for floor-plans but not for exporting in CAD, I guess. Matterport and BLK are 3D scannings.

Also there is a third point, that big spaces would be more expensive than Matterport. So because of this points, haven’t I ask myself, better to buy a Kandoo Qoocam 8k or a Pilot era 8k?
Post 1 IP   flag post
And is the Kandoo better than the pilot era because of its 10 and 12 bit technology?

Which would be the best setup to start a own business?

For me it is important, that I would have the best possibility to make interactive tours for education, but also cultural heritage and all kind of exhibitions…

The way, how 3dvista is doing to bring the virtual tours to life, I like so much, but it wouldn’t possible to combine it with fluent Matterport tours :-(

https://www.3dvista.com/en/project/animated-panorama-parfum-shop/

What do you think about Giraffe360? Are there any examples to check out the kind of movement? And is it 2D or 3D scanning?
Post 2 IP   flag post
iGuide
Product
Marketing Manager
Kitchener, Canada
Chris_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
Studies show that people want accurate floor plans, 3D tours, room dimensions, square footage totals, etc. iGUIDE was designed to give access to this information in an easy-to-navigate experience that's based on accurate lidar measurements and 360-degree images.

You are correct. The lidar in the iGUIDE camera system does indeed scan in 2D. This results in faster capture time because the point cloud isn't being used to make a dollhouse and therefore fewer scans are needed.

There is a processing calculator here. It is very useful for comparing costs. iGUIDE has a one-time, per-project fee instead of a subscription model. Per-project pricing helps you avoid recurring costs associated with longer-term projects.

The Ricoh Theta Z1 is my pick for the best 360 camera option for virtual tours. It's also built into the iGUIDE PLANIX system. You can also buy a Z1 and then upgrade it with an iGUIDE core at any time.

Check out this page for a more detailed comparison with Matterport.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks Chris for your answer.

With the business plan in Matterport one space out of 25 spaces is costing about 2,50 € per month and 30 Euros in the year. With your business plan do I pay a little bit more with one year hosting included. But only for small spaces. Bigger spaces are more expensive and what’s about the hosting costs in the second year? So from this point you can just saving costs with iGuide because of its shorter scanning time…

@Chris: Are you gonna change the kind of movements?
Post 4 IP   flag post
iGuide
Product
Marketing Manager
Kitchener, Canada
Chris_iGuide private msg quote post Address this user
Processing is based on property size and hosting is included in the initial cost. There is currently no cost to renew iGUIDE hosting beyond 1 year.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tut
I ask myself, better to buy a Kandoo Qoocam 8k or a Pilot era 8k?

I own a Pilot Era and recently could not resist buying a never used Qoocam 8K at half price.
My idea of using a Qoocam 8K was a replacement for my Era on holidays and community work. With a cost of Qoocam 8 times less than a Pilot Era cost I can take it anywhere without any fear that I can lose it, break it or it is being stolen. Plus it is half of the weight of Era and it is easier(still not very comfortable) to wear it on a helmet. That's a big benefit because I do not need to carry my huge camera backpack with me just to wear a camera.

However it seems I have probably had more expectation from a Qoocam 8K that it can deliver. An image quality is quite ok but it has no interval mode for GSV so the only way to create a blue line is to have GNSS tracker app to record all location data and then apply it to stripped from 360 video frames. Then you can only submit it as images. Or use Dean Z's free tools to do it but it still will work only with all points recorded by a tracker app. GSV app cannot connect to a Qoocam 8K or at least all my tries to do it have failed.

If you can afford a Pilot Era go for it.. it is not without problems but it is way much better than a Qoocam 8K.

Another thing you may want to consider is Insta360 Pro2. It costs more but it is actually 11K camera so you will be able to do about 57MP 360 with it vs 32MP from a Pilot Era and Qoocam 8K.

And this needs to be confirmed but I have a friend with an Insta360 Pro2 and he says the camera works with Matterport. Matterport never has announced we can use this model of insta360 cameras with Matterport but they have added an Insta360 OneX support for their system and it may as well added Insta360 Pro2 support as it may be using the same programming interface to connect, capture and getting a photo into the capture app.
Post 6 IP   flag post
This is amazing, thank you @Wingman for your answer.

This would be great, when they would add support for Insta360 Pro2.

Also there is a Insta360 Titan and do you know about Kandao Obsidian?

But I don’t really understand the differences between stereoscopic and 3D, or is it the same?

Then I am asking myself, how the Matterport software is working without stereoscopic and 3D. I mean the point cloud data isn’t only used for the floor plans and dollhouse. It also gives a 3D feeling when you are looking around and moving. I don’t have any experience about VR headsets and how the Matterport is looking in compare to 3D and stereoscopic cameras. But then, when you are looking the space without a VR headset, this point cloud data is missing and doesn't give the 360 picture this 3D feeling or does it?

Can the stereoscopic data be used in the Matterport software to give the tour a 3D feeling?

When you think about, that in the most cases people are looking virtual tours without any VR headset, then wouldn’t it better, to have a 3D feeling from the point cloud data?
Post 7 IP   flag post
101636 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?