Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCapture AppProblemsScansTips

Time Saver Tip!!! How to Move Many Scans1594

Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
I don't recall ever reading this on the forum but yesterday I was showing one of my team members how to operate the camera. We got interrupted and I got out of sync and forgot to add a new floor when we got upstairs. I was about to delete half of my scans when she pointed out there were two options. Delete scan & change floor. Thanks to all of the scans being numbered it was super easy to add the new level and select half of the scans. When I did that, presto, they created the other floor instantly!!! Whew!!!!!

Make sure all of your Matterport peeps know this valuable tip
Post 1 IP   flag post
fburch private msg quote post Address this user
Great tip--thanks!!

I think I read somewhere that the floor number that we assign is just to help us keep track of things, the real floor arrangement is done by the Matterport processing algorithm after we upload it.

I'll leave it to someone who's more knowledgeable than I am to explain if this is really the way it works, but it's safest to play it safe and get everything set right the first time.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Biggles private msg quote post Address this user
That's an excellent find Judy, thanks for the tip.
Post 3 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Judy!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
All of my scans showed up on the same floor before I changed it. Would have been a very confused upload.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
The Capture App and Matterport processing actually don't care if you do all the scans on one floor. But it makes a mess of the floorplan sketch view on the Capture app if you do it.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?