Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DJIDJI Mavic 3DroneQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Your thoughts about the DJI Mavic 3 Drone?15914

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Imaging Above Everything | Event Starts 11.4.21 - 10:00PM EDT | Video courtesy of DJI YouTube Channel | Thursday, 4 November 2021

Video: DJI Mavic 3 - A Journey Above | Video courtesy of DJI YouTube Channel | 4 November 2021

Video: DJI - This is DJI Mavic 3 | Video courtesy of DJI YouTube Channel | 4 November 2021

Question of the Day: Are thinking about buying the DJI Mavic 3 Drone?

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Friday, 5 November 2021:

Your thoughts about the DJI Mavic 3 Drone?

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan

Save $50 with this WGAN affiliate link for Drone Pilot Ground School and WGAN Coupon Code: WGAN50
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Attachable wide angle is a little unexpected
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I want one!
Post 4 IP   flag post
808virtually private msg quote post Address this user
And I just bought and received the Air2 S yesterday...
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
The fly more is a good happy medium for this bird
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@808virtually

Air2 S is my daily flier it's a good bird and I have a few including both Mavic 2's, an Inspire, multiple phantoms and the Mini 2 which is my backup bird I always carry
Post 7 IP   flag post
BenAdgie private msg quote post Address this user
Our primary drone is an Air2S. For real estate pics / video, it is everything we need. The Mavic 3 looks incredible but maybe a bit of overkill for RE. If you are interested in mapping or other more advanced drone operations, the Mavic 3 would be the better tool for the job. I still want a Mavic 3 though 8-)
Post 8 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
A few thoughts:
- BenAdgie mentioned mapping but I don't think it's suitable for that since it has an electronic shutter and not a global shutter - the Phantom 4 remains the only DJI consumer drone suitable for mapping because it's the only one with a global shutter.
- Advanced RTH and APAS 5.0 will need real-life testing. The biggest challenge with RTH is not obstacles that can be sensed, such as trees, it is electric wires which are very difficult for a sensor to pick up. It's going to take a lot of testing for me to have any confidence in it and I hope that have a setting to allow switching to regular RTH.
- They glossed over the software capabilities so I'll be interested in seeing what new capabilities they've added. Specifically, can I do a spherical 360 panorama w/o having to paste the sky in post-processing? Will I have more manual control over the camera settings; e.g., specifying the aperture spread for AEB, etc.?
- In my day-to-day, I don't see much value in having a zoom. The question is what are they going to do with the 28x hybrid zoom and APAS 5.0 - are they going to offer some form of automated inspection software to compete with Skydio?
- need more info on the cellular dongle and the O3+ transmission - does that mean that cellular communications could be a backup in case the O3+ RC connection is lost? Does 15 Km range make it more reliable?
- 1000 nits on the RC Pro is not that great anymore - the iPhone 13 has that. Current 7" external monitors for camera/video have upward of 2,600 nits for less than $800.
- I'll wait for the EVO III to compare. I've learned never to get the first products right after announcement - wait until they've worked all the bugs out and the competition reacts.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@EaglePrecision

360 panos will have the same whole in the sky as this is a limitation of the gimbal rotation ~ the omni directional cameras are just for obstacle avoidance
Post 10 IP   flag post
101641 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?