Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360ErrorHow ToNewbiesProblemsRepairs

Camera not Stable Error: How can I fix?15865

rodrigocastillo private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

Since yesterday I've been facing an issue when scanning. It started right after I updated the camera.

I'm getting a "camera not stable" error. The camera is actually stable but and I've tried removing and putting back again the clamp, the message comes up suggesting to delete it after each scan.

I've been getting this error every other scan or every scan, however, the scan alignment has no issues and the model after uploading seems fine. It's just kind of annoying to get that message every scan.

How can I fix that?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Typically this message is from a ballhead or a loose camera clamp

I use an inexpensive Quick Release Plate attached to my tripod to mount the Matterport camera from time to time I will check to make sure it is still tight throughout the shoot

Post 2 IP   flag post
rodrigocastillo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
Typically this message is from a ballhead or a loose camera clamp

I use an inexpensive Quick Release Plate attached to my tripod to mount the Matterport camera from time to time I will check to make sure it is still tight throughout the shoot

I use this one: DAC-60 mount clamp and never had problems until now. It seems to be tight enough.

Can it be this? not sure of the name.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@rodrigocastillo

I never mount the camera directly to the tripod an inexpensive plate (runs about $15USD) on amazon is the way to go

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Oops I see you are using a similar plate.

Make sure there is no movement in that plate on one of my setups I had to use a couple of washers to make sure the plate was snug
Post 5 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
If you’ve eliminated the mount as a possible problem, then most likely the problem is in the clutch assembly or that the camera is sensing that something is out of alignment internally. We can usually fix these issues by adjusting the clutch or replacing the one of the cameras internal frame components. Typically this error will not stop you from scanning and uploading models successfully but it is annoying.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?