Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BetaMatterport WorkshopPost ProcessingTrim

Post-process trimming in Matterport Workshop!15838

Virtour private msg quote post Address this user
A long-awaited release by Matterport earlier today - you can now trim mesh post-processing in Workshop.
The feature is still in beta but is visible in workshop by default.

Better late than never!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome. This is a great feature for me as I often hide the dollhouse (unless the client requests it) due to ugly artifacts. Bad part is that I may be spending hours going through 100's of tours to clean them up

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I learned to heavily trim all my scans, the results are just so much cleaner. Thanks for sharing this because I didn't know it existed, not sure really how to find it.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
I have play with it. But if something or a wall is say at an 45 angle you cant trim it. Am I missing something ?
Post 4 IP   flag post
jcyin private msg quote post Address this user
If you have some artifacts within a model and that results in bad navigation experiences, can this trim tool also remove the artifacts?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Marcel private msg quote post Address this user
From my initial testing, you can create multiple trim boxes within and outside the model. This means you can pretty much trim out any artifact.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Marcel yes I managed to get some cancer spots out of the tour that I am seeing a lot in ceilings when you have the floorpan view. Been seeing this since the updates, and its very annoying as I do a lot more extra scans in my models to not have this in them.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ukvisualimmersion
Feels like Christmas!!!! Love this new feature!!!

Quick before and after!!!

Hi All,

Above is from this related WGAN Forum discussion:

Matterport Dollshouse trim beta

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkLab
@Marcel yes I managed to get some cancer spots out of the tour that I am seeing a lot in ceilings when you have the floorpan view. Been seeing this since the updates, and its very annoying as I do a lot more extra scans in my models to not have this in them.

You need to place whatever needs to be removed inside a drawn cube. Sometimes it may not work with jut once cube and you may need a few of them. I have trimmed one of my aerial models and it has made straight lines at the end of the mesh trimming everything from it that has been sitting inside my drawn cubes.

Also when you draw a cube make sure you look at it from all sides and from the top. It can be quite unclear seeing it from 1-2 sides what exact mesh you are going to remove with it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Wingman

Not perfect yet , but looks better and saved a lot of reprocessing. I have to go trough 500+ tours and make them now even look better , what's your plans for the weekend, me I am editing Matterport tours or better enhancing them.

Client is going to be very happy about this. As I could don't get the buildings glass trimmed out, and had to deactivate the dollhouse ( not that people look at it 😂 , but this client wanted it , told him its going to look crap and he agreed, now I can go and wow him again and get his other 8 hotels to go and do 😎 )
Post 10 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
Hi
Can we undo it if we make a mess of it? Or is it like the blur tool?

Thanks
Post 11 IP   flag post
@CharlesHH you can undo , just remove the blocks that you have inserted
Post 12 IP   flag post
VirtusRealis private msg quote post Address this user
Something very useful for my activity : being able to select the height of the cut and create section views

Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Lisbon, Portugal and London
Pedrotex69 private msg quote post Address this user
But there isn't an option for Publishing it, so tours that we have already done are not getting updated.
Is that right or am I missing something?
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrotex69
But there isn't an option for Publishing it, so tours that we have already done are not getting updated.
Is that right or am I missing something?

Why not, they are updated as soon as you publish in workshop. I trimmed this one a bit along water after I shared this tour in another thread. Then Matterport released trimming tool and I trimmed it.

Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Hi Wingman,

I am not sure, Yesterday I have edited over 30 tours with the new trimming toll in the workshop, now once you do the trimming and finish it there is no way of Publishing it as the botton is always grade out.
But it seams that the changes are done, the thing is if the client as that Tour hosted in his websute then I can not see the changes, also some of my tours usually go thrue Treedis and the change does not happen also (I will speak with them).

Do you have the option of Publishing the trimming after you do the changes or you just do them and that is it?

Thank you in advance.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
It seems to be published automatically once you click Exit at the top right corner. Not sure why it happens automatically but at least it is not a permanent editing like with Matterport Blur.
Post 17 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
How do you undo it?
Thanks
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
You just select it, and delete it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Editing your Matterport Model: Trim | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 8 November 2021

From the Matterport YouTube Channel

With some use cases, it's important that your digital twin be as clean as possible. This new Trim tool allows you to hide any bits of the 3D geometry or mesh you'd like. In this video, Amir [Frank] demonstrates some examples of kind of mesh you may want to hide and how to use the Trim tool in order to do it.

Source: Matterport YouTube Channel
Post 20 IP   flag post
101592 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?