Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
OnsiteProblemsScanningUrgentWaiting

URGENT: Capture App says ‘Waiting’- Onsite! Need Help (Please)!15781

mk4au private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like I read a post not too long ago but can’t locate it. I am on-site, scanning away, and app closes. Now it won’t open and is grayed out, and says ‘Waiting.’ Yes, I have turned off the scanner and iPad multiple times. Yes, today (but not yesterday)when I opened the app it wanted to do a scanner update but I said wait. And scanned approx 2500 square ft before the app decided to ‘Wait.’ Any suggestions - besides turn everything off and on? Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@mk4au

I do not recall seeing that WGAN Forum discussion: still searching.

Have you tried calling Matterport Support at 408-805-3347 (USA)?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @mk4au
Seems like I read a post not too long ago but can’t locate it. I am on-site, scanning away, and app closes. Now it won’t open and is grayed out, and says ‘Waiting.’ Yes, I have turned off the scanner and iPad multiple times. Yes, today (but not yesterday)when I opened the app it wanted to do a scanner update but I said wait. And scanned approx 2500 square ft before the app decided to ‘Wait.’ Any suggestions - besides turn everything off and on? Thanks in advance.

@mk4au

I wonder if the Matterport camera is WAITING for you to connect to Wi-FI to do the firmware upgrade?

Can you create a hotspot with your mobile; connect the Pro2 via Wi-Fi to your mobile and see if the firmware upgrade starts?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@mk4au

Are you using an iPhone or Android phone?

If you are using an iPhone, perhaps the Matterport Capture App needs to update, but you have your iPhone configured so that the App Store will only update apps when you are on Wi-Fi (and you are in the field: not on Wi-Fi).

If that's the case, can you try enabling the App Store so that it can update apps using 4G?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks, Dan. That is exactly what Support told me. I used my iPhone as a hot spot and let the app do its thing and I am back up and running. Thanks again!
Post 5 IP   flag post
BTW, it was the app that updated, the scanner still needs to update, but that will happen tonight 😳 😁
Post 6 IP   flag post
101646 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?