Last 30 Days: 56,349 Page Views | 17,576 Unique Visitors | 63 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
AndroidMPEMBEDNew Interior SolutionsTosolini ProductionsVirtual Staging

[R&D] How to virtually stage a tour using Android MP Capture beta15758

Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user

In this new exploration, we are leveraging the Import 360 feature of the Android Capture app beta to virtually stage a vacant space.

Workflow:

- We took an existing Pro2 tour and downloaded all 360s using MPEmbed batch pano extractor. You'll end up with a series of images numerically ordered
- We virtually staged a few 360s and swapped the original files with the new ones, using the same file names
- We setup an Android phone with the Capture app beta and moved the panos into the phone internal storage
- The Android Capture app beta has a new feature that allows you to import 360s separately. This gives you an opportunity to edit the images before processing them in the MP cloud

Above is the final result. A seamless integration of staged photos in the tour.

Special thanks to Francesca Tosolini for providing the virtual staging design services for this experiment, and to Kirk Stromberg of MP for releasing this new feature.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
In your Facebook post about it you have said that you replaced empty panos with staged ones. Do you mean MPEmbed allows such a replacement or you have access to your tour files in Matterport cloud and you can replace it there?

Also you have mentioned there that on a premium subscription MPEmbed allows to download all 360 from a Matterport tour. Are they original resolution of a Pro2(143MP), 32MP or 8MP?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@wingman MPEmbed Premium can only batch download the 360s in the resolution allowed by MP, which is the usual 4K. I wish it could be higher.

The virtual staging is done separately, then I used the Android Capture app to create from scratch a brand new model by importing the original 360s and the modified ones, all together.

I haven’t tested replacing individual panos after the publishing of a tour. That’s not a feature of MPEmbed, rather of the Android Capture beta app.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for clarifying but then I do not get why none of your staged furniture appears in your tour dollhouse view? It should be picked up during Matterport conversion but your dollhouse does not show even one extra bit of staging from the staged panos.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
That I don’t know. Maybe the surrounding empty panos overruled the lonely staged 360?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini It is too complex for finishing a such simple thing that replace some panoramas within in a showcase.
You can select the existing virtual stage services to get better result at a reasonable price.
BTW there is a suggestion to Matterport, if you can let us to reimport panoramas during capture, why not add another function at the showcase edit page to allow us replace panoramas in the showcase result. It is easier than reimport panorama during capture.

@Wingman You can see the shadow of the painting on the wall of the dollhouse room. That came from the edited panoramas. The original panoramas of pro2 is 16Kx8K RGBD, but after edit it becomes 8Kx4K RGB only result with lots of different pixels from the virtual stage. How can it be aligned successfully is a big question for me now.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab 1

Screen Grab 2

@Tosolini

Ah! The Matterport MatterTag shows where to "stand" to see the virtual staging within the empty space.

Awesome virtual staging by @ftosolini with New Interior Solutions.

Thank you for sharing your workflow. You are very generous helping the WGAN Community.

Much thanks!

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@jump I think swapping a panorama on the fly would be the ideal solution. Also downloading full resolution images in batch would be cool too.

@dansmigrod Thanks for the kind note. The Mattertags are indeed there as pure labels. No interactivity attached.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

Seems like your workflow also works as a workaround for photographers that want to edit out the camera in the bathroom mirror.

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
87136 9 9