Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360sBetaFeaturesImport 360 Images

Matterport new features(beta):Import 360 Images & scans manual placement15713

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
BTW, the following instructions to get beta have worked for me

Get beta versions of apps
Important: To get the beta version of an app, the app must already be installed on your device.

-Open the Play Store Google Play.
-At the top right, tap the profile icon.
-Tap Manage apps & devices and then Installed.
-Tap an app to open its detail page.
-Under “Join the beta,” tap Join and then Join.

Tip: If you can’t find “Join the beta,” that means the developer doesn’t offer public betas for the app at this time.
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
I can share some DSLR 360 if anybody has access to this beta and wants to try. I have one with a shop and a museum. All are 72MP in resolution.

Since I have the phone that can work with Android Beta version of the capture I could do it myself. It looks great and now I am wondering what we can get if we feed the app with mega 360 photos, like aerial on 360cities.

Post 27 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Great work as always. This is maybe showing us that Matterport will not launch a new camera , kind of makes cents.

If you can use any other 360 images and get the same results. Why the expensive gear? also shoot at much higher quality and no broken artefacts. And the kicker is you own your content , so you can still use it in other platforms, not just limited to Matterport very small eco system.

Like we have said Dollhouse view is just a gimmick, and if you look at the stats % of users clicking on that is less than 10% same with floorpan view , much higher than dollhouse view.
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I have been trying to find a good drone 360 but it is not so easy to get it in hires. This want I could find for free. May be need to get out and do my own with my suburb. There is another one in processing

Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Another drone example

This one actually tells us that if we do a drone 360 on each side of one building we can capture the whole exterior of it and since we can capture it with drone every 5 meters of height on each side there may be a way to have a nice dollhouse view with exterior. If we succeed with adding interior to it we may be able to jump inside from an aerial 360 processed.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@Wingman how will you use it ? Just add into the highlights reel ?

In the past I had Matterport add in 360 panos into tours that did not have them, took about 24 hours to get the tours back. Helped a lot when I missed a 360 exterior show when doing multi[l properties on one location and you need the same 360 image on 20 scanned models.

Oh yes Matterport did tis already for me 2 tears ago... so don't know how these other companies claim they are the only 3 that can edit panos etc in Matterport. What about companies that has the SDK ? You pay for the SDK. So with this new system we can do the Virtual Staging ourselves at a 1/3 of the cost and also enhance all the panos. Because this was alway costing more than charging for the normal tour.
Post 31 IP   flag post
@Wingman yeah mate that is a very cool idea , similar to what we did with GEOCV with the exterior capture and being able to easily and seamlessly add in Exterior 360 models. Miss GEOCV 💔

Wonder how the annoying 360 model tags will work on this ? Hope you cab test this soon.
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkLab
Like we have said Dollhouse view is just a gimmick, and if you look at the stats % of users clicking on that is less than 10% same with floorplan view , much higher than dollhouse view.

The way it is done now may be, but once you are given tools to capture and add a property exterior in full details it will be quite great.
Post 33 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Wonder how the annoying 360 model tags will work on this ? Hope you cab test this soon

I have added 4 tags to "Another Drone 360 example". Not annoying at all as there is a mesh generated for each building by Cortex.
Post 34 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
@Wingman yeah mate that is a very cool idea , similar to what we did with GEOCV with the exterior capture and being able to easily and seamlessly add in Exterior 360 models. Miss GEOCV

With all my respect to GeoCV(RIP) they have been only allowing adding an aerial to a tour. This Matterport beta feature actually allows you to generate 3D data from an aerial view. But at the same time and since it is a part of a 3D tour you can make it your initial point, add it to highlight reel and you can measure whatever is shown in it.
Post 35 IP   flag post
@Wingman Yeah that is a really cool feature, but unfortunately its illegal to fly drones here without a licence and FAA approval for each flight ( also pay $1600.00 per flight and lodge flight plan )> so if they catch you flying illegally its jail Tim for $100,000.00 , so no thank you to aria shooting, wish it was easier and more affordable, maybe will try a swimming pool pole or a helium balloon much cheaper just the problem of keeping the camera still.
Post 36 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
but unfortunately its illegal to fly drones here without a licence and FAA approval for each flight ( also pay $1600.00 per flight and lodge flight plan )> so if they catch you flying illegally its jail Tim for $100,000.00 , so no thank you to aria shooting, wish it was easier and more affordable, maybe will try a swimming pool pole or a helium balloon much cheaper just the problem of keeping the camera still.

That's the reason I refuse to do drone videos. For a start nobody wants to pay anything reasonable for it and a risk of being fined is quite high. My friend does a property drone video for AU$400-700 and even though it is much more than most agents are willing to pay it is still nothing comparing with a big risk to be reported & fined. In fact he has been reported 2-3 times already and got warnings from CASA.

However with 360 capturing on most drones via built-in panorama mode you'll need 5 minutes and that's with taking off and landing. Unless it is in CBD or with a lot of people around.. I am happy to do it even though technically I cannot because most places where it's needed is high density residential area and that one out of many rules you are not allowed to break as a licensed pilot.

May be the best idea is to get a drone under 250g which is a Mavic mini 2.
Post 37 IP   flag post
bethereeu private msg quote post Address this user
Resolution is limited to 8192x4096 no point in using hires panos. Pro2 still the only professional tool for Matterport.
Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:

Since I have the phone that can work with Android Beta version of the capture I could do it myself. It looks great and now I am wondering what we can get if we feed the app with mega 360 photos, like aerial on 360cities.

@JuMP, can you please check what is resolution of 360s in the tour above. I have used 72MP 360s.
Post 39 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Testing something new.

Testing importing a Blender 3D rendered 360 image below into Matterport. I will publish it when it is processed. Resolution is 6000x3000. If it works and looks nice I may spend some time to generate extra spots on each side of the earth and at the top and the bottom. Not sure if they align but we will see.

You can see the rendered 360 at my post at https://www.facebook.com/Decoroo/posts/6593893450650981

Result:

It has not taken much time to process and it definitely needs a 360 render on each side plus one from top/bottom. It takes about 140 minutes to render one 6000x3000 360 on my PC. Give me a couple of days and I will make it from 6x 360 hopping we can see the earth represented as a sphere in a dollhouse.

Post 40 IP   flag post
bethereeu private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

@JuMP, can you please check what is resolution of 360s in the tour above. I have used 72MP 360s.

I tested it with 134 pro2 panoramas, it will be resized to 32mp
Post 41 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I know a lot of questions about this beta version, but has anyone tried importing a 360 with their LOGO inserted in the Nadir of the 360?
Post 42 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
I know a lot of questions about this beta version, but has anyone tried importing a 360 with their LOGO inserted in the Nadir of the 360?

I do not think it is going to work. If you look at my museum tour you can see they still blur nadir so they will just blur over a logo. If they ever change it it may work but then you will have a nadir logo badly "printed" on every spot in a dollhouse.
Post 43 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman To bad about the blur, I was not thinking about every scan just placing a LOGO in a few key locations like the start scan or a few in the main open areas.
Post 44 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Testing something new.

Testing importing a Blender 3D rendered 360 image below into Matterport. I will publish it when it is processed. Resolution is 6000x3000. If it works and looks nice I may spend some time to generate extra spots on each side of the earth and at the top and the bottom. Not sure if they align but we will see.

You can see the rendered 360 at my post at https://www.facebook.com/Decoroo/posts/6593893450650981

Result:

It has not taken much time to process and it definitely needs a 360 render on each side plus one from top/bottom. It takes about 140 minutes to render one 6000x3000 360 on my PC. Give me a couple of days and I will make it from 6x 360 hopping we can see the earth represented as a sphere in a dollhouse.

Wow!

That's crazy-cool!

Thanks for sharing!

Inspired by Google Earth?

Best,

Dan
Post 45 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
silly me, I have been rendering through GPU and it seems it is much less powerfull than my CPU. I am rendering another side of the Earth using CPU now and it is so fast that it seems to be completed within 14 minutes in total. 140min vs 14min is a huge 1000% gain in rendering speed and it should let me render 3 other sides as well as two extra from each pole within 1-2 hours. I will add it to my first job with one side tour, reprocess and publish it as a fly around the Earth tour.

Next I will try to add the Sun and some planets to make it more interesting.

@DanSmigrod: it is more related to my old hobby-astrophotography & video astronomy. I always feel there is not enough good VR content for our universe. Blender3D alone with something like unity can totally fill this gap but since I have very little skills in blender3D and so far none in Unity I have decided to do it in Matterport.
Post 46 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Ok, four sides 360s do not work as I have expected. May be because of a flat background that is wrapped around each 360. Matterport has a problem understanding that it is just a sphere hanging in space and simply treats it as a part of the background.

I think it can be done with more 3D objects like planets and the Sun and keeping background black. When I have time I will try it.
Post 47 IP   flag post
101438 47 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?