Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasPro2Pro3

Pro 2 Camera purchase15699

leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I have a bit of dilemma.

I need a 2nd Pro 2 camera, do I buy a new one or a used one? I'm leaning more towards the latter due to the fact that a Pro 3 camera could potentially be released in the next few months.

For me, the most important reason to purchase a Pro 3 would be if the form factor is dramatically reduced. Is anyone in the know about the Pro 3 camera i.e. release date, form factor, features etc?

Thanks.
Post 1 IP   flag post
kmiller01 private msg quote post Address this user
I work directly with enterprise level managers at matterport and continue to have to purchase more cameras on a regular basis. When I spoke with upper level management they said it will be late in 2022 at the earliest.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
I recommend that you contact Mike Vorce. Mike owns @MatterFix and continually has pro 2s that he reworks and sells and includes a warranty. He is very good at what he does.
Post 3 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
This is very useful info, thank you both.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@leeverdon I would surmise if you can pick up a Pro2 3D between $2, 000-$2,500 that's a great value, and it's currently the gold standard for Matterport Scan technicians. The Pro3 could be back in the $4,000+ range, and that's what I paid for my Pro2 3D.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure whether there will be a Pro3 camera from Matterport.

The new Android Capture App Beta allows import of any 360 images in (probably) any resolution.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It seems Dan has missed on this announcement from Matterport. What is even more greater that you can actually walk with any 360 camera through a space in 360 video mode, then extract frames say every 1 meter and feed it to Matterport to create a tour.

So Matterport is no longer stuck only to supported cameras and there may be a way to create a Matterport tour in minutes with a 360 video mode. Using some way to get a camera driven through space without any photographer caring it it really can take 3-5 minutes for capturing it even in 200-300 sqm space.
Post 7 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Yes, and this feature can enable shared capturing with multiple devices.

You can already import 3D Scans from a BLK360 and add them to your scan.

Probably we will see a new capture app, that will allow import of high quality 360 plus indoor lidar plus drone exterior, plus, plus, plus.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101422 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?