Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GIRAFFE360MSPsQuestions

Who is getting GIRAFFE 360 and why ?15659

ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

I have a couple of MSP contacting me asking if I am getting a GIRAFFE360?

What are your thoughts afar watching their video with Dan? Will you be getting this as part of your service offering , as the pricing combined with the outputs + FREE hosting is a no brainer.

I can create a "Matterport" look by just doing more scans, but is that really necessary ?

Dollhouse is that really so important or just a gimmick ? Do you know the star of how many times your clients click on Dollhouse view ? Giraffe will maybe soon come out with a dollhouse view ?

Who really puts in annotations ? Will giraffe be implanting that soon ?

Who has done a side by side comparison between Matterport : Hosting Fee, Scanning time, Output Costs ( Photos edit, floorpans, Price per tour, Number of tours that can be scanned per day ? Who owns the content ? Selfhosting ? FREE Video Calling ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Rockwall, Texas
Dcook001 private msg quote post Address this user
The only thing I know is that at around $400 a month, I can't even consider using the platform. I suppose a heavy user could justify the cost, just won't be me.
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Dcook001 I hear what you are saying. But the tours you don't use rolls over to the next month, and you get 16 tours included for that $400.00 , and no hosting fees.

So a 100 Matterport Spaces hosted each month is $309.00 and 250 Spaces hosted each month is $689.00 per month

How much are you paying for floor Plans ?

So I think we have to do the math and to see who is the clear winner here, and I think it is going to win by a necks length ....
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I am not, it is way too expensive. I barely need floorplans and even on a new Matterport account hosting fee is only $36/year while on old classic one it can be $12 per year or less. And I do not have to pay that hosting fee straight away for a year even if I do not charge my customers for it.

So without a floor plan we are comparing $12/36 paid over year for hosting on Matterport with $39-80 paid via subscription to Giraffe360 per each model. Adding a floor plan fee from matterport does not really change it much.

Pros:
a much better resolution.
Built in chat
camera price is probably factored into subscription cost
Better options if you decide to drop that business with Giraffe360 hosting.

Cons:
no dollhouse(some customers want to have it)
About 4 minutes per scan with Giraffe360(watch Dan's video to calculate scan time)
High monthly cost to own
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Wingman I get what you are saying but look again at the numbers.

Giraffe:

Monthly $549 - 16 Scans included
Additional scans $34.94
No limit to active spaces

Floor Plan included ( other 3rd parties $15 - $50 a floor plan )
High Res Photos / Edited ( edits 3rd party $3 - $20 per image )

Monthly cost to own = 16 tours included , they cover the monthly fee. And what's not used is rolled over.

No editing needed. Scan, upload and crack open a cold one.

Not many has the classic plans, and then you still pay $19.00 per processing of each tour under 100 scans.

Matterport owns the content.

Hosting indefinite with Matterport. So lets say you have done 500+ tours what will it cost you per month once you retire your Matterport camera to a doorstop ? Giraffe $69.00 unlimited tours.

They will soon have a dollhouse view I believe , and also downloading the point cloud.

If I am a real Estate Agency paying $34.94 for Virtual Tours Vs. $200 - $5000 per tour Avg excluding hosting ( we have very low class MSP's in my region charging around $68.00 per scan now to real estate, which the other MSP's find laughable and not a sustainable business, then they want to charge them after a year around $150 - $350 hosting.) what makes business sense? Any good agency will at least do more than 16 per month. The commission on one sale pays for this system 10x over.

No hardware to upgrade, buying new iPads, backing up scans, trying to connect to terrible tech support, company calling your existing customers trying to sell them cameras and scanning work, company competing directly with you for your scanning business , a company employing people not knowing the back stories of the company willing to go and do their scanning work for peanuts.

I get that some might see this as a threat where others already are seeing a business opportunity, also remember this is not just limited to Real Estate.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
You are kind of counting that I can find 4-16 clients a month just for Giraffe360 but most of my clients ask for matterport and some simply will stop dealing with me if I drop Matterport and start using something else.

Also all extra benefits you are referring to is not going to add anything valuable apart from maybe do it faster and give a better resolution. However with faster I will skip on scanning points so my clients customers will see less, I will be spending less on site which will be harder to justify with a higher fee. Plus whatever I pay to Matterport can be covered my clients hosting fees while I cannot ask the same for giraffe360 as they do not charge it

I do not like hosting fees but lets just be honest they bring extra profit and it is not that small.

I would try them though if I could buy a camera from them and get some reasonable fee per tour which should be close to what Matterport charges.

$279-500 and that's in USD which is almost $400-700 in aud is a very huge monthly fee to commit to if I already have 3-4 different virtual tour tools and I am paying for Matterport subscription only. The fact that I can get their camera just for two way shipping cost does not really help to absorb a huge amount you need to pay monthly.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | Intro to GIRAFFE360 for Residential Real Estate Agents and Brokers with GIRAFFE360 Senior Account Executive Andrew Congleton (@AndrewCongleton) | Aired: Thursday, 23 September 2021 | Episode: #118

GIRAFFE360 Tour courtesy of GIRAFFE360

GIRAFFE360 floor plan courtesy of GIRAFFE360

GIRAFFE360 2D photos (3 of 9 examples)

Hi All,

FYI ... Above is the WGAN-TV Live at 5 show that @ThinkLab mentioned...
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ThinkLab
What are your thoughts afar watching their video with Dan?

Here is a transcript of this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show:

Transcript: WGAN-TV | Intro to GIRAFFE360 for Residential Real Estate Agents/Brokers

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcook001
The only thing I know is that at around $400 a month, I can't even consider using the platform. I suppose a heavy user could justify the cost, just won't be me.

GIRAFFE360 USA Pricing in the USA is:

✓ $279 per month for up to 4 tours (unused tours rollover) - pricing based on annual commitment
✓ $259 per month for up to 16 tours (unused tours rollover)- pricing based on annual commitment
✓ $179 1x shipping/handling

Includes

✓ LiDAR camera for shooting 2D photos and 360 photos (always the current version of the camera)
✓ tripod and portable case (and charging cable)
✓ tour processing (automatically built for you)
✓ tour hosting (unlimited time period included as long as you are a customer.
✓ if you cancel as a GIRAFFE360 customer, you can pay $69/month for unlimited tour hosting to keep tours live)
✓ tour sharing
✓ HDR photos (bracketed) - professionally retouched
✓ 2D schematic floor plans (in color, your/client logo)
✓ branded, unbranded links (MLS compatible)
✓ Unlimited Remote Viewing (within tour video chat and agent/client can navigate tour)

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
About 4 minutes per scan with Giraffe360(watch Dan's video to calculate scan time)

@Wingman

The GIRAFFE360 camera does three rotations:

1. Taking 2D HDR photos at either 100-degrees; 110-degrees or 120-degrees (camera auto-senses what's best). For clarification, the GIRAFFE360 may shoot 18 images (2 rows of 3 across; bracketed) and stitch the images together for a high-resolution image.
2. Taking LiDAR measurements to for accurate 2D schematic floor plans and tour alignment
3. Shooting HDR 360 photos

With GIRAFFE360, you do not need to shoot contiguously. For clarification, you can shoot one 360 within the center of each room and shoot outdoors. This means you likely can shoot a house - including 2D and 360 tour - fast (so you can do more shoots in a day).

Keep in mind that the GIRAFFE360 target audiences are real estate agents and real estate brokers (that likely seek one monthly price with everything bundled in that price (including the camera, tripod and case). So, there is no large, upfront payment for a camera, for example.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Dan, it still takes 4 minutes or 3:50 to be exact. Andrew turn on scanning at 22:20 of your video timeline and it seemed it was finished at 26:10 only.

With this time per scan it may be just slightly better than scanning with a Pro 2. My ground floor is 90 sqm only but it will need 10 shoots: porch, pergola, balcony(2 shots because it is long), kitchen, dining, living, toilet, laundry and one bedroom. That's about 39 minutes. I am quite sure with a pro2 it won't take more than 45 minutes to do. It could be less scans if it was open space but with walls separating all these areas that is what it takes to do it in my house on one floor only.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
BTW, remember there are arrows in giraffe360 tour in addition to hotpots icons. I think the purpose of the arrows is to send you to a room with a hotspot there while the actual hotpot icon is hidden behind a wall.
That is a cool feature which I am sure added manually by giraffe360 team lets you to do a next scan without any line of sight to a previous one. That helps to reduce number of scans.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I will say as the website owner, it is Dan Smigrods's sole discretion to advertise and promote every company possible - that is the way it goes! And I am extremely grateful to be part of this community.

I own 100% of my equipment, the best 2D & 3D camera's, and some of the rest - is subscriptions based. I do not think Giraffe360 is a good fit for me, and I encourage NEW 360/3D people to investigate all possible options on the table. I did have a one-on-one conversation with the rep and it's too expensive IMO. It's a live and learn environment, sometimes you must BURN through hard-earned dollars to know where you fit best.

Many years ago I decided to not win the popularity contest, because my values might be in jeopardy if I do.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?