Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DJIDJI Mavic 3 ProNews

DJI Mavic 3 Pro leaked poster hints at Nov release, confirms dual camera15646

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: DJI Mavic 3 Breaking News | video courtesy of Bill The Drone Reviewer YouTube Channel | 23 September 2021

Drone DJ (23 September 2021) DJI Mavic 3 Pro leaked poster hints at November release, confirms dual camera

Excited? Not Excited?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
What's interesting here is that Autel intends to release and EVO III around the same time. The big news is that both Pro versions (according to the leaks) will be offering a Micro 4/3 sensor.

It sounds like DJI may be bundling a zoom capability whereas Autel is offering it in a different (8K) camera.

Zoom for me doesn't have much practical use - it's really only for inspections. So I don't see having to pay more for it if it's a bundled feature (DJI). I'd rather swap the camera to get it if/when I need it (Autel). Is DJI going to allow camera swapping?

Over the last 6 months, I've switched from my Mavic 2 Pro to the Autel EVO II Pro as my primary photo platform because

1) better sensor with higher color depth,
2) easier to add/switch filters on the camera,
3) no geofencing lockout in random non-restricted areas (I have several in my area,
4) Greater flight time (35 min. vs 25 min.).

There is no mention of DJI increasing the Mavic fly time whereas Autel is expecting to have the EVO III fly for 40 minutes - for me, that's a significant improvement on my missions.

Both are claiming improvements on communications claiming an extended range up to 10 KM. First of all, flying the drone 10 Km away is illegal in this country because it's BVLOS!

What I would want to understand, though, is whether the reliability is improved in certain situations (e.g., flying around bridges and other infrastructure and overcoming interference such as a strong wifi signal).

Price, of course is going to be a big differentiator but, right now, I don't have a need to upgrade from the EVO II unless the quality of the images from the new Micro 4/3 sensor is much better.

Capabilities such as better focus control, better nighttime shooting (now that night flying is legal), and other camera improvement will also be considered.

I'm also looking for both to improve their 360 panorama capabilities (that subject and comparison is a whole discussion on its own).
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
VIDEO: DJI MAVIC 3 is coming November 2021 | Video courtesy of Young360 YouTube Channel | 27 September 2021
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: DJI Mavic 3 Pro Specs & Photos Leaked! My Thoughts | Video courtesy of Inside Real Estate Photography YouTube Channel | 29 September 2021

Save $50 with this WGAN affiliate link for Drone Pilot Ground School and WGAN Coupon Code: WGAN50
Post 4 IP   flag post
101421 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?