Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ExamplesHotelsMarriott

Matterport Tours-Marriott International Website15619

WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
AhmedAttia private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All

Have anyone worked with Marriott before for Matterport tours and the 3D Tours have been published as an I-Frame (not a hyperlink ) in Marriott official website?

And Also, will appreciate to have examples from any work for Marriott anywhere.
Post 1 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@AhmedAttia they do not allow it on the international sites , major hotel brands don't allow it.

Because of the self hosting issue and owning of the content. They want it on their servers , and to own the property content. I share Matterport terms of service with these brands, as I don't work for Matterport, just using the tech. And I make it also very clear if Matterport goes bust the tours goes away or if I close down tours goes away. They can self host but that does not fix the problems , because still stuck with Matterport.

Where with video you are not restricted with YouTube and Vimeo, there are many products out there to showcase and online video players.

Secondly don't put your clients contact details on the tours, as `Matterport sales staff will email and call them to sell them cameras or scaliest for scanning work. They just did this to a client again, after I sent them a cease and desist and called the sales agent , they agent denied it , but I have all the emails. Now they go and do it again. So this is just a warning they will do this

Some hotel groups have secondary landing sites for the same hotel, where they then upload the Virtual tours. These sites are manned by the properties themselves. Secondly they don't like the camera in mirror and reflections.

I work with the main hotel brands so I know the objections by heart now.

Will pm you as I have a group in your area that I am getting over these hurdles, dealing directly with the heads of the group.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@ThinkLab With Virtual Staging or Image Editing the camera in mirror won't be a problem anymore.
For example below picture from https://www.vrpm.co.uk/staging

Post 3 IP   flag post
@JuMP why pay companies to do it ? Where you can edit it yourself, and have images/ panos edited for $3.00 enhanced and reflection removal done within 24hrs. Why can only one company do that ? Matterport needs to wake up as we have been asking to do this for 5 years now. This company is a bunch of McDonald's clowns running a photo booth. It is not that difficult to do it, and we all know that. Just download those panos, edit them , re upload on the backend and reprocess.

I have been in talks with another Matterport tour enhancement companies, and they are also working on this service and will be launching it out soon , for much cheaper.

But soon there will be a new better product on the market and we won't be salves to their eco system or board of directors and investors.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
@ThinkLab You are totally right. I am aware with this tough restrictions but i was sitting yesterday with some from the top board of Marriott in Egypt and they raised this question if any other MSP did this for Marriott and Marriott approved to publish the tours as an i-Frame.

I believe that Matterport have to site with Marriott which manages now more than 7,000 Hotels, resorts and facility worldwide and find an agreement as both brands are American. The 3D Tours should be the default media now in the websites of any top brand like Marriott and others.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
@JuMP I am already using VRPM and the service is excellent.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@AhmedAttia I agree, but have been talking to them for over 4 years now. They still do things the old fashion way. Its actually a joke how slow the adoption rate has been for virtual tours.

Look at Air B&B and the feed on the forum regarding this. You have one of the best booking platforms , but you don't give your users the best UX ....

But this I what you get when the marketing people are outdated and the mangers are slow to adopt new tech. They are happier to just pay bookings.com a small fee than have to worry about paying for virtual tours.

I will contact you as soon as I have green light, working on 300+ hotels ( couple is in your area ).
With custom menus and skins for the hotels also white labelled.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
i do tours for marriott.

Marriott Mock Up Room 542
https://virtualspace.ky/ssl/?m=AoaYVtRt7FV
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
Cairo, Egypt
@ThinkLab I am sure that when Matterport open the doors for self hosting, hundreds of spaces will be removed to the customers accounts.
Looking for your PM dear.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101437 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?