We Get Around Network Forum
BatteriesBatteryBattery IssueMatterFixPro2Problem

Matterport Pro2 Battery Issues15571

WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
MAGNOLIA3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all!

I've owned same Matterport Pro2 since it came out. It's my main camera I use almost daily.

For years the battery has been amazing. It seems to never drain and has fantastic battery life.

However, lately I've encountered a new issue...

My camera doesn't fully charge! It DOES charge but only to about 7 hours and 54 minutes before stopping.

I've also noticed it drains a lot quicker. Before I could scan for hours and it barely used any battery power. Now it seems to drain dramatically quicker.

Has anybody else had this issue and if so what did you do?

Thanks in advance
Post 1 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
It could be that your batteries are starting to wear our...although the Matterport batteries are very high quality, all lithium ion batteries have a finite life. As they age, the cells will have less capacity after every charge cycle, but during the first few hundred charge cycles the loss is barely noticeable. Eventually it will become more and more noticeable. At MatterFix we offer battery replacements for all Matterport cameras... the cost is $250 to replace one battery or $400 to replace both batteries. Unless you’re scanning really large jobs, you should be able to get by with your current batteries for a while though.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
MAGNOLIA3D private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for reply, very insightful. Unfortunately, my camera seems to have others too and battery situation getting worse. Now it only charges to 5 hours and drains from 5 to 1 hour after only scanning for maybe 2 hours. So, getting replacement camera from Matterport but great to know this service exists very cool.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Forum
Founder
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Live at 5: Top 10 Matterport Pro1, Pro2 and Pro2 Lite Camera Repairs with @MatterFix Founder Mike Vorce | Wednesday, 11 November 2020

@MAGNOLIA3D

Glad to hear that Matterport will take care of you!

Hi All,

Got a problem with your Matterport Pro 3D Camera?

Transcript: WGAN-TV Top 10 Matterport Pro1, Pro2 & Pro2 Lite Camera Repairs

Free! 12 months of WGAN-TV Training Academy Membership with repairs of $250 or more with @MatterFix

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
86634 4 4