Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MPEmbedRedirectShow TourURLWP3D Models

Is it possible to get Matterport to create a redirect?15533

NC3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all!
A bit of a predicament…
A space was removed from hosting, then the client asked for it to be put back up.
I had to re-upload the scan which created a new URL. The problem is that they had printed flyers with QR code’s linking to the old URL.

Is it possible to get Matterport to create a redirect?

Thanks much!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@NC3D

Ugh! I feel your pain.

First time I have seen this question in 7 years.

Not that I know of.

Please let us know if Matterport Support can help you.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
Mpembed has a proxy option. You will need the 11 digit code in the URL for both scans. However the client will stil need to add the Mpembed URL to the flyers.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
@NC3D - Just a suggestion going forward. I almost never deliver a direct Matterport model URL, for a variety of reasons including this one - to protect my options. I especially would never generate and deliver a QR code for a MP URL in case it needed to be adjusted, reprocessed, etc. Virtually every project I deliver has a custom URL, in my case purchased at - domains.google.com - that is forwarded to the MP URL, or the MPEmbed URL, or the WP3D Models URL, or the 3DVista URL. Besides, does a client want to wrestle with a long, obtuse MP URL, or would they prefer - Calabasas3D.com ?

I'm a big user of WP3D and 3DVista and the other benefit of doing this is that every project I deliver is linked to my own website, and that boosts SEO. I get calls regularly from people who find me on Google. Your SEO is so important.

Hey, I'm in Los Angeles, a city with about 12 million people with a lot of MP creators. Search "matterport los angeles" and I'm the top of page one - have been for three years (except for paid ads). This is due to SEO and, to be transparent, the skilled work of Glenn Tremain at Nail Soup Media, another WGAN member.

Do your work, make it fabulous, but don't deliver it without benefiting from the SEO you deserve. It's important. And if you do this using a "wrapper" like WP3D Models, you'll never have this issue again.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D I agree with everything you said and to try to fix today's problem you can go where the QR was generated and edit, redirect it there so old QR code goes to new scan url. Do that till you convince matterport to generate url
Post 5 IP   flag post
NC3D private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Dan, Matterport support said there wasn’t a solution.
Oh well, lesson learned.
Good suggestions @Home3D.

Thanks again.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Founder
Show & Tour
Leawood, Kansas
JoshMais private msg quote post Address this user
This is also a benefit of using Show & Tour to "wrap" or "skin" your virtual tours. And it works with ANY virtual tour or video platform: Matterport, Zillow, Youtube, Vimeo, etc...

This can either be on a show.tours link or your own custom domain name that you add to the system. A few examples below!

Zillow virtual tour at https://show.tours/e/N733pWS 👇

Matterport virtual tour at https://kc.tours/e/cQDMdQh 👇

GoThru virtual tour at https://show.tours/e/BQgr5gk 👇
Post 7 IP   flag post
101646 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?