Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DiscountsMatterport Capture Services ProgramQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Matterport Capture Services Offers 25% Off: Thoughts?15525

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Matterport eBlast (Thursday, 2 September 2021)

---

Your thoughts about Matterport Capture Services On-Demand offering a 25 percent discount for orders placed by Thursday, 30 September 2021?

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Friday, 3 September 2021:

Your thoughts about Matterport Capture Services On-Demand offering a 25 percent discount for orders placed by Thursday, 30 September 2021?

Best,

Dan

---

Matterport eBlast Includes

We are kicking off the commercial real estate buying season by offering all captures ordered before September 30, 2021, at 25% off*.

*The 25% discount will be applied as a credit to your Matterport account after the completion of the Capture Services order. All Capture Services orders must be submitted prior to September 30th [2021] to be eligible for the 25% discount. Cancelled orders are not eligible for the 25% discount.

Source: Matterport eBlast
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
No thoughts, only feelings..
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
If they shoot so cheap, I may actually use them in a job, and still charge my usual $400-600 rate. I’ll let them shoot the 3D and I’ll do the DSLR pics.

This may work.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
Would this really affect us? How many people do they have on their race to the bottom capture services ?

I have MSP in my area that is shooting any size space for around $150.00. Then they will also charge the clients $100 hosting fee. But they have a couple of cameras so it makes sense, they can't do the sum of time = money ( old slogan we all used about 5-6 years ago starting Matterport ) happens that the new guys don't know what they are doing and can't sell the value of a Matterport tour. Go and work out what you are worth per hour and how much your work and quality of work is worth? MSP that are charging over $500 - $10,000.00 per tour you are the ones that gets this business.

Matterport does not get this business. And they are putting a lot of people off with the hosting fees and also them owning our work, even after we deleted it. I believe we all have to make a stand against them once and for all and get them to listen to us. If not we need to get this out to the media and their investors , what will happen to Ubers business model if all the drivers went over to Lyft or just stopped driving ? The Matterport model crumbles down... yes they will find suckers that will scan for peanuts.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
There is no such thing as "this business". It is not homogeneous. At all.

Running a photo and 3d scanning business in a large city is drastically different then running one in suburbia or a semi-rural area. For example, our primary market area is a 70 mile long county. Travel/drive time can be up to 2 hours round trip. That means the average photo shoot "up north" may require 3 1/2 man hours of labor. Collecting an extra $150 or $250 (plus hosting) for 90 minutes additional labor is a smart business move. It (at a minimum) doubles our gross profit.

I'm constantly amazed at the bizarre theory that owning a $2500 camera that requires almost zero skills to operate somehow entitles us to $300/hour in compensation.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expertise
There is no such thing as "this business". It is not homogeneous. At all.

Running a photo and 3d scanning business in a large city is drastically different then running one in suburbia or a semi-rural area. For example, our primary market area is a 70 mile long county. Travel/drive time can be up to 2 hours round trip. That means the average photo shoot "up north" may require 3 1/2 man hours of labor. Collecting an extra $150 or $250 (plus hosting) for 90 minutes additional labor is a smart business move. It (at a minimum) doubles our gross profit.

I'm constantly amazed at the bizarre theory that owning a $2500 camera that requires almost zero skills to operate somehow entitles us to $300/hour in compensation.

Im in NYC... It sometimes costs MORE and takes me longer to travel and PARK $$$$ and go 3 miles than a 50 mile drive.. I add value to my $500++ fees.. twilights, MORE photos, drone... FREE. Pizza and beers on occasion. Being supportive on THEIR social media posts... there's a million things you can do to justify and collect better rates than your competitors... just sayin!
Post 6 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@Expertise If you are happy working for coins good on you. Th older MSP will remember when we charged for our services and made good money.

""I'm constantly amazed at the bizarre theory that owning a $2500 camera that requires almost zero skills to operate somehow entitles us to $300/hour in compensation."" ... So what DSLR camera do you own a Cannon D1 or R5 or EOS 2000D? I don't care what you shoot with , its what end product you deliver,. You get photographers that will do a shoot at $25 per photo and then you get pros that will charge upto $1000 per photo. Using the exact same camera.

And the joke is I have started sharing with my clients and real estate clients the true hosting cost and enterprise hosting cost of Matterport. As it is one way to show them that we are not here to screw them on hosting and can justify what we charge.

I am doing a shoot now for a client and charged them just over $50,000.00 for x10 Matterport tours average size of each tour is 150sqft. @3dVuz So yes we can charge more as we know how to sell value , we are not selling Matterport but people buy into you and your values, honesty and integrity , they don't buy into Matterport and always remember that. Tomorrow there is a better solution than Matterport then what? I know 90% of all MSP will dump Matterport. I even say that to my clients ( some are global giants that does not want to deal with Matterport because of not self hosting and owning the data , yes I feel my clients the trust the hard truth about Matterport, so then when they still want the tours we all are on the same page. And nothing can come in the future and bit me in the ... I even add that into my Terms and Conditions now. )
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
It's not here in Japan yet.

I'm actually not so concerned as the complexity of the jobs I'm currently contracted to do could not be done by someone paid as low as that. They wouldn't want to spend the time doing the finer details of the scanning work we do.

Our current pricing structure is about 10 times what I have seen posted about a capture technician's earnings with other costs (like transport) paid separately.

Almost all of the jobs I do now need some scan points with a Leica BLK or Ricoh Theta z1 and as I understand it capture will only use a pro2.

The only concerns I have is it may create the false understanding that the creation of digital twin is cheap or easy, or worse, produces poor results (as a capture technician is unlikely to want to spend much time on a job) so conventional photography or video will actually start to get an edge on Matterport in the market.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?