Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentMarketingSnappr

Has anyone else signed up for SNAPPR or gotten any RE/Matterport work?15517

Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
Good morning all or evening to those across the pond,

I signed with Snappr after seeing their call for photographers on the forum. Has anyone else signed up or gotten any real estate work through them? I've been signed up about a month now and have had a food shoot for doordash. Not really my forté. Was really hoping to increase my photo/matterport through their partnership.
Post 1 IP   flag post
BenAdgie private msg quote post Address this user
We have recently started working with Snappr and have been happy with the results. Our first shoot was also a food shoot. Not really our forte either but it has lead to RE and other jobs. No MPs yet, mostly hand shot DSLR jobs.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
@Shawn_P I signed up within a couple days of Dan's posting on the forum about the Snappr opportunity. I received a couple of opportunities in the past few weeks that I couldn't take. I completed my first shoot on Saturday, an interesting one - a new 15,000 square foot airport hangar with photos, 360 tour, and video. It's a nice way to start out the relationship!

I live in northern California.

The profile pages that Snappr provide their photographers are limited in the ability to display 360 photos (they can't!). I'm working to create a portfolio page on an external site and provide a link. When you start with them, they only permit references from your Snappr clients, not from previous clients, which means it's going to take some time to build up a decent collection of testimonies.

The ability to communicate with the Snappr staff and obtain support is routed through their mobile app, which I find a limitation. I am at my desktop computer much of the time where typing on a keyboard is easier than using a phone app. I have tried on multiple occasions to reach someone in the Snappr offices by phone and never been successful, even when I have a phone number for someone with whom I have exchanged emails.

For real estate shoots, the Snappr staff does the photo editing. I thought they did a great job with the pics I took, including some nice sky replacement, too.

Overall, I would encourage anyone to throw your hat in the ring with Snappr. They are spooling up their presence and if you get in now, you'll have an early start on building your reputation on their platform. And any opportunity they offer that fits into your schedule is incremental income.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
At this point, after interviews and going through the approval process, then being accepted, I not heard from them. It has been a month and a half to 2 months. We are still busy with Matterport and BLK projects from others.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
I signed up with them - Houston, TX. I was quite rather frustrated by the whole process. The application process was lengthy and consisted of interviews like I was an employee. They are dictating the scope, place, time, and quality of the work. They have arduous T&C's in their agreement.

1) They required a backlink. I used this profile page for that purpose.
2) They sent me a food shot, in the middle of the day, at a restaurant that Google StreetView showed had bad interior lighting. Food is a true specialty and while I could probably figure it out I don't feel like I have the equipment to really nail it. It's a different set of lighting, tripod, etc.
3) They then sent me two vehicle photo shoots. Again, in the middle of the day. Wanting me to confirm the shoot in an hour or two and handle all the coordination.

I never got any matterport work from them. I got the impression that they didn't actually have any and that most of their work was aimed at event photography (which I don't like), product photography for delivery platforms, and vehicle photography for a specific client. I felt like it was a bait and switch arrangement. I'll forgive you for one mistake, but when you make 3 mistakes and never deliver it's time to cut my losses and move on.

I told them to turn my profile off and if/when I was interested I would reach out to them again.

I don't mind reaching out to new work for scheduling and expectation management, but that is a low priority task when I am out scanning or doing another paying job. I handle low priority tasks when I am not in the middle of revenue work. When I signed up with them it was for Matterport Scanning and perhaps listing photos. I'm equipped for that, it's what I'm good at.

One of the recurring aggravations I've had is small matterport jobs that want the 11am to 1pm slot. That's fine, but you are effectively monopolizing my whole day... so be prepared to pay for the whole day. I generally run a morning and afternoon appointment on my calendar. If I take a chunk out of both appointment windows it prevents me from really doing much other work that day. I get annoyed with that on a $100 or $150 job. If you want 2 or 3 seats on the airplane it's 2 or 3 times the price. You can't sit in the middle row and block off the aisle and window unless you pay for those seats.

My viewpoint should be taken with a grain of salt. While I can do photography and I'm apparently very good at scanning large/commercial spaces, it is no longer my primary income stream. I have my license as a home inspector and that is my primary activity with matterport as a secondary. That's part of the reason that if I take a 2 hour scan activity in the middle of the day it effectively stops me from taking a 4 to 5 hour inspection activity before or after. Whereas, with some flexibility on scheduling it would be very easy to do the inspection and then accommodate the small job that pays less.

On a side note, I have introduced Matterport into my inspection business. I see value with it on the under-construction side for as-built documentation. Have not had any takers yet. If they buy, they buy, if they don't they don't. I don't have to worry about MSS or the Restraint of Trade Network because while anyone can take a scan, you need certifications and licenses to add value to it in the construction or real estate space. You also need specific types of insurance. Neither of which are easy or cheap to get.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101429 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?