Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSV

Uploading to GSV from Matterport: linking of panoramas?15486

Josequinones private msg quote post Address this user
SO i just notices uploading to GSV from matterport is free, and tried uploading one of the commercial business i did in the past. When i go to Google and look for the space i noticed that the panos are uploaded but there is no connection between them. Its just the panos but not a tour.

Does anyone know why is this happening? Do I need a third party software to link them together?

they have been up for around 4 days now and they still show as panos.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CharlesHH private msg quote post Address this user
I'm commenting so I see answers! Have also had problems with GSV.
Post 2 IP   flag post
kmiller01 private msg quote post Address this user
I had the same issue just this week- when I contacted matterport they said that because Google is a third party they cannot guarantee proper placement on GSV. However, they recommended unpublishing the model and then republishing to see if that would correct the issue. Here is the model I have been having trouble with: clickable text
Post 3 IP   flag post
@kmiller01 - that link goes to your home page, not one model.

@Josequinones I have a feeling that it helps if the model has a highlight reel.
Post 4 IP   flag post
kmiller01 private msg quote post Address this user
I updated the link for you
Post 5 IP   flag post
@kmiller01 Try adding a highlight reel with a few key spots.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@CharlesHH So i should actually upload it using option 2? which indicates to upload just the highlight reel.

Or you recommend to upload all the scans but have a highlight reel done for better processing?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 5 of 5 Short Story #703- Google Street View App Discussion

@Josequinones
@kmiller01
@kmiller01

Does this WGAN-TV Short Story (#703 / above) and Screen Grab (from the video / above) help?

(The WGAN-TV Short Story (above) is from the WGAN-TV Theme Week: Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 5 of 5) that's in the 100+ course WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport).

Best,

Dan

P.S. As a WGAN Standard Member, you receive a free, All Access Pass to the WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport).
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Josequinones
@CharlesHH
@kmiller01

Also ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
Video: WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 5 of 5 Short Story #703- Publishing to Google My Business from Matterport

Hi All,

When you publish to Google My Business listing from Matterport, you have three options:

Option 1: Publish All Scan Points
Option 2: Publish Only Scan Points used in Highlight Reel
Option 3: Publish a Single Image (the Starting point)

Matterport Marketing Manager Amir Frank talks about the three options for publishing to Google My Business listing in this WGAN-TV Short Story (#703). Amir also talks about how to Un-Publish from Google My Business.

Questions about publishing to Google My Business listing from Matterport?

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Hi Dan,

If there is a video in your post i cant see it. Please upload it again.

Regards,
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
There is no issue and this exactly it works for ages. All panos are usually published straight away but linking between them can take days to start working. This is not Matterport related only , this will happen with publishing from any software that can do it.

Do not delete anything, as you would start from scratch again if you do.. just wait a few days and check again.

You can see ahead a bit if you use a google map embed for any pano for your tour. It is ahead of any linking status shown on google maps website or their app.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Wingman Thanks for the info,

I will give it a couple of more days since it was uploaded the 26thh. Do you have any estimate of how long it takes to stich everything together depending the number of scans or the size of the place scanned?

Regards,
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
It is unpredictable, it can be just 2-3 days or 2-3 weeks.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Good news, Its all done now.

Tanks guys
Post 14 IP   flag post
Lewisville, Texas
Damato1005 private msg quote post Address this user
A workaround is to download the photos as panaromas to your phone, get the gsv app, and upload from there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJR-xVgQQl8
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damato1005
A workaround is to download the photos as panaromas to your phone, get the gsv app, and upload from there.

It is not going to help with a publishing speed and only adds extra steps that will delay publishing. Plus we are talking about Matterport and there is nothing to download, Matterport tours are published to Google through Matterport add-on in Matterport cloud.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101646 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?