Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DrivetrainGrindingMatterFixPro2Repairs

My Matterport Pro2 3D Camera needs a repair15485

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
So this grinding noise I have been hearing for days seems to be a nasty thing. It usually starts after 2-3 hours of scanning so my guess was an overheating somewhere in a drive train. It could be a gear, a loose nut on a shaft or a bad motor but it is not just a noise. When you hear it you are most likely to get something like this

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=gR8jC4JWZ4L&cloudEdit=1&sm=3&sr=-1.57&sp=10.85,38.36,-1.82&sz=3.31

This is totally related to that noise.

Asked a local distributor for repair and a working camera during repair but I was told to go though Matterport USA because I did not buy it from them directly.

I emailed Matterport USA outside of their business hours but got a reply within 1 hour.

Since my camera is 4 yo there is no warranty but I have been offered another camera by Matterport USA and kind of swapping mine for another working one. The only problem is to get a replacement shipped from a Matterport distributor in Australia as waiting time for it to be sent from USA is 14 business days and I am not sure it even includes transit time.

The local distributor does not mind it but have asked me to contact USA support first. Now waiting for a reply from MAtterport USA if it is doable.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Matterport
Camera
Repair Service
Gainesville, Florida
MatterFix private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @wingman -

What your describing definitely sounds like a problem in the cameras drivetrain.

It could be that one of the components needs to be adjusted. But since your camera has likely seen a lot of use, it might need some of the drive components replaced.

You have a couple of options....

1) send the camera to Matterport and they'll do an exchange for a factory refurbished camera (they are essentially like new) and which usually costs around $600....or
2) Your second option would be to send your camera to us at @MatterFix and we would thoroughly inspect your camera and adjust the drivetrain back to factory specs or we would replace the worn/defective components. The cost would range between $200 for adjustments only or, up to $350 if we had to replace all of the drivetrain components + shipping.

Shipping usually costs about $150 each way. We typically complete repairs and send cameras back to customers the day after we receive them.

Based on the fact that your camera is 4yrs old and that you use it a lot, the option of getting a replacement from Matterport might be your best bet for the long-term.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Live at 5: Top 10 Matterport Pro1, Pro2 and Pro2 Lite Camera Repairs with @MatterFix Founder Mike Vorce | Wednesday, 11 November 2020

Hi All,

Got a problem with your Matterport Pro 3D Camera?

Transcript: WGAN-TV Top 10 Matterport Pro1, Pro2 & Pro2 Lite Camera Repairs

Free! 12 months of WGAN-TV Training Academy Membership with repairs of $250 or more.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
@MatterFix, Thanks I actually thought of you first. However considering I may get a replacement camera fast through the local distributor does not leave much of a choice. I have bookings next week that have been booked long time ago. One of the business is a theater and it is not easy with them to move any booking.

I have been trying to reach USA support today from my end. Also the local distributor emailed Matterport to ask if they can send me their own camera. It has not helped at all so far. I have lost one job already but it appeared today only.

I think I am better calling USA support today. DO you know what timezone they are in?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
BTW, I have tried to remove the cover to see if I can fix it at least temporarily. I could remove 4 screws with a property screwdriver thread but two screws next to a handle are stuck, almost stripped the head profile on both and it is impossible to remove in a normal way.

I have found some tricks online how to deal with bad screws heads but have not tried it yet.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
My camera is just 40 miles from Matterport(Sunnyvale). It was picked up from Brisbane by UPS on the last Thursday afternoon. UPS seemed to be the quickest from all couriers. It actually said it would deliver on 9th of September but once it started moving they changed it to Tuesday by 7PM. And now it seems it can even come on Monday(California time)

If there is anybody who has sent it for repair to Sunnyvale how long has it taken for Matterport to post a replacement?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Good news, Materport USA has agreed for the replacement camera to be sent from a local distributor in Melbourne. It is going to head my way tomorrow. If it is not going to be delayed at my state border due to COVID I should get it by the end of this week or early next week.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman

About:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
Good news, Materport USA has agreed for the replacement camera to be sent from a local distributor in Melbourne. It is going to head my way tomorrow. If it is not going to be delayed at my state border due to COVID I should get it by the end of this week or early next week.

That's great news!

Thanks for letting us know!

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I am back in business, my camera has finally come today. 15 days in total does not sound too bad when there is an international shipping involved.

Thanks to Matterport and especially to Wade from Scann3D who has helped me a lot with shipping one of their cameras locally.

The camera actually looks like it is a brand new and it has come in an original box including a power adapter.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101429 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?