Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Amazon Web ServicesAWSCloud HostingGovCloudGovernment

New! Matterport Cloud Hosting on Non-Matterport AWS Servers15467

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
New! Matterport Cloud Hosting on Non-Matterport AWS Servers

Hi All,

The Matterport media release distributed this morning (Thursday, 26 August 2021) includes this paragraph:
---
As part of its multi-cloud strategy, Matterport plans to deploy its platform to Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud (US) to address specific regulatory and compliance requirements, including conformity with heightened cybersecurity requirements. This move will enable U.S. government agencies that acquire and manage sensitive information to use the Matterport subscription platform and services.
---
(I believe) this is the first time that Matterport will offer Matterport hosting on non-Matterport Amazon Web Services (AWS) servers.

This signals to me that Matterport may now be willing to allow major big brands, such as global hotel chains, to host Matterport tours within their AWS accounts.

Shortly after I bought my Matterport Pro 3D Camera in July 2014, I met with a major, global hotel chain that was very receptive to Matterport, but required self-hosting on their AWS account.

At that time, Matterport told me - not going to happen! (I had a similar conversation with Matterport about a police department that said Matterport was a non-starter as long as the processing and hosting took place on Matterport's AWS account. (The police department was paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for LiDAR scanning gear and training and felt that Matterport tours was a much more affordable solution.)

Do you work with global brands that would be receptive to Matterport if the big brands could self host on their AWS account?

Sounds like that is a possibility, now that Matterport has opened the door to Non-Matterport AWS server hosting.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
ukvisualimmersion private msg quote post Address this user
Dan - I have big clients that have requested and would benefit from this, my concern is that Matterport use it as a competitive advantage to offer their own capture services and thus another hurdle for us to jump over!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ukvisualimmersion
Dan - I have big clients that have requested and would benefit from this, my concern is that Matterport use it as a competitive advantage to offer their own capture services and thus another hurdle for us to jump over!

Yes!

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

I have had clients who want to host locally as they just want the scan for internal purposes.

Things like staff training and company anniversary events where the scan is to be limited to staff and clients.

I’ve often recommended they use the password feature but they tend to just end up making a cheaper virtual tour with someone else and put it on a password protected webpage.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
You can make a Matterport tour for them, then publish on Google, grab it from there with Pano2VR and build a self hosted tour from it. You will lose in resolution but you will get a tour that is linked already. Even though it has an excessive linking that needs to be deleted to make a user experience better.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Pano2VR - brilliant workflow idea!
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?