Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
How ToMatterport Notes

Matterport Video: How to Create Matterport Notes15461

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport Notes | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 25 August 2021

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Matterport launches Notes, an interactive collaboration/communication Tool
Matterport Blog: Announcing Matterport Notes: Collaboration (Beta)
WGAN Question of the Day: Your thoughts about Matterport Notes (Beta)?
Matterport Video: How to Create Matterport Notes
WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Notes

Transcript (video above)

Amir Frank: - What's up, Matterporters? Matterport notes allows you to collaborate with your team in the most efficient way possible and the best part about it is that you can attach the files used for collaboration with your team right into the Matterport model itself.

Unlike the measurement mode that can be used and showcasing by anyone looking at the model, using notes is restricted to the model page and can only be used by collaborators with edit access.

Let me go ahead and show you how easy it is to create a note and reply to it. In the modal page, I can just be right here navigating my way around and I can decide that here's where I want to leave a note. I'll just go ahead and press the new "Notes" icon down here. Press the "plus" button, and I can just tag it anywhere I want to.

Let's say I want to do this here. Then I can go ahead and type out. Now because I had mentioned another user in my team, they're going to receive an email, and from that email they can actually click the link directly in the email.

It'll take them straight to this note and they can reply to me there. This is just like using comments in Google Docs if you're familiar with that. But the added benefit to notes is that as I said before, you can actually add files directly to the note itself, so check this out. I'm just going to roll over this note over here and hit "Read more."

That'll bring up the notes thread and you can see that an image has already been placed in here. I'll go ahead and reply here, and now what I can do is simply drag and drop the image that I want to add right into my reply.

Then I'll hit "Add" and it gets uploaded, and there it is. I can also very easily edit the note that I just left by clicking the three dot menu right here and hit edit or delete, of course. I'll go ahead and edit this.

Here's what I can do is just highlight some texts, click the link icon and paste in the link. Right here hit ''Apply,'' and that's it, then save. Just as with the Matter tags, of course here too, I can edit the notes so I can press the little pin icon right here, and I can choose a different color for this note. I can also change the length of the stem or say, just don't show the stem at all.

Now my note is red and may be that implies that this is an urgent matter. Using the trash can icon located on the right side of the plus button, I can just go ahead and delete this entire note.

But be careful because there is no verification and this will just delete the note entirely without asking you whether you are sure you want to do that or not. If you have a Matterport model full of these notes, you can actually easily navigate through them.

I can choose to filter these by unresolved notes only or looking at resolved notes only. In this case, I don't have any resolved issues yet. Or I can look at all of them. Also, once I'm inside one of these notes, I can press the little arrow buttons up here, and you can see the model itself actually navigates me directly to where the node is located.

I can just move on to the next one, and I can reply here and just say add and check that to resolve. Now you can see that once an issue has been resolved, it's no longer in the Unresolved and can only be found in the Resolved list here, or the list that shows me all my notes.

Another feature that will help you speed through collaboration, it is the ability to link somebody directly to a note itself.

The way to do that is to click on the note first, and then up here, you can just click the ''Copy link" button. Link has been copied, now I can just go ahead and paste that anywhere in an email or text message or anything like that, and that will link the receiving party directly to the model and the note itself within the model.

As you can see, notes is a huge benefit to anyone collaborating as part of a team.

Now, to enable this feature, you need to be the admin on the account. Let's check out how an admin can actually enable this for their team. Go to your account and go up to Settings, and just click ''Manage'' right here, and scroll down to the Notes Beta feature, and just make sure that it's enabled.

By default, it'll probably be disabled, so go ahead and switch that over to enabled. Now all the admins and collaborators on your team with edit access to a specific model can take full advantage of notes making the collaboration process over this model that much more efficient.

I hope you found this video helpful and we'll see you next time.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Sneak Peak: Collaboration, Capture Services, & Spatial Planner | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | Released on 25 August 2021 (Live on 18 August 2021)

From the Matterport YouTube Channel

Sneak Peek 1
Aug 18, 2021

In this special Sneak Peek webinar, we got a chance to preview some very cool features coming soon to Matterport. We learned about a new and very exciting collaboration tool called [Matterport] Notes. We also got an update about Capture Services and how the program is expanding. Finally, we got a look at the latest tool in Matterport Labs that allows you to plan the layout of any room or entire Space.

Source: Matterport YouTube Channel
Post 2 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
Tested it not working yet.

Problem is also clients can't self host so data security will put a lot of my big clients off this.

Also the data packs is ridicules just like the hosting packages. So looks like when you have more data you will have to take their bigger hosting packages.

Positive, they were going to launch it already 2 months ago, but finally brought to market, saw a demo already by a guy at Matterport HQ.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101429 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?