Cupix Video: CupixWorks intro for General Contractors | Video courtesy of Cupix YouTube Channel | 28 July 2021

Speakers

Scott Anderson
Director of Sales, Cupix Inc.

Shane Flanagan
Senior Project Manager, Dome Construction

Vinay Moorthy
Applications Engineer, Cupix Inc.

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

Cupix
CupixWorks
AEC

Transcript (video above)

[00:00:12]
Scott Anderson: Hello and thank you for joining the webinar today. My name is Scott Anderson, I'm the Director of Sales at Cupix, Inc. Joining me today are Shane Flanagan and Vinay Moorthy. The topic is Close up Issues and RFI X3 Faster, and why you should visit less and stay less on the job site in the era of COVID-19.

Give a brief introduction to myself, my background is in laser scanning and 3D scanning. I've built a lot of as-built from scan data across a lot of industries, manufacturing, aerospace, construction, and few years ago I joined the Cupix team to focus entirely on the built lifecycle, and really glad to be here today. Let's get started.

De-densifying the job site is really a necessity now. COVID-19 is here, there was a time before COVID, there'll be a time after COVID, and Cupix helps you manage the job site remotely. Now we've been around ahead of COVID, and had some major impacts to construction companies and architects, and those in the AEC world.

Pre-COVID and we're going to have some impact Post-COVID. But there's definitely some impact that we're having now in the current COVID state, and I'm really glad to have Shane Flanagan here from Dome Construction because he is coming from the GC world.

He's been using CupixWorks, and he's been really instrumental in putting together and providing feedback to Cupix that developed the Cupix software. I'd like to introduce Shane and give him a chance to say hello and introduce himself.

[00:02:06]
Shane Flanagan: Thanks so much, Scott. Thanks for having me, everyone. My name's Shane Flanagan, and I am a Senior PM with Dome Construction. My background is in industrial engineering, and I've been working with Cupix for the last two years on a variety of different projects, in the healthcare and life sciences world. So really happy to be here today, to share some of my story and some of the lessons learned in the last two years of a product development with Cupix Scott, and the rest of the team.

[00:02:31]
Scott Anderson: Great. Thanks, Shane. I'd like to get into a little bit about Cupix Software in the background of Cupix. I'll give Dome a chance to introduce themselves as well. Cupix has been a pioneer in many 3D industries. We as a company, the group of us were the founders of the world's best-selling point Cloud software Rapidform, it's since been rebranded the Geomagic. It's spanned a lot of industries, manufacturing, aerospace, construction.

We're also the company that put together the first cloud-based collaboration software for engineer's team platform, both these companies were acquired. So we really feel we're pioneers in this space. What we're doing now with Cupix is focusing entirely on construction in AEC. So we'd like to think that we're marrying the AEC industry, with 3D technology pioneers. I think, Shane, that's one of the reasons that drew you to Cupix is our deep background in some of the influential things we're doing in the AEC space.

[00:03:39]
Shane Flanagan: Yeah, absolutely Scott. There's been just a ton of great work that we've been having, and you've been able to share a lot of lessons learned from other similar markets, that we can take towards construction and keep pushing the needle forward.

[00:03:52]
Scott Anderson: Great. Again, really glad to have you here. Now here's the slide for you, Shane.

[00:03:57]
Shane Flanagan: Awesome. Thanks so much. As I mentioned earlier, I'm a Senior PM at Dome Construction. We're a mid-market TI contractor in California, six offices throughout the state, and we really focus on health care, life sciences, specifically biotech and BioPharma, and we are also in the TI corporate interior space as well.

Again, really fun time to be in construction in California right now. We have a lot of work going on right now, and in the post-COVID-19 world, we've been able to really leverage queue picks, to help de-densify our job sites, and bring the job site to our distributed depth design teams because as I'm sure for all the other general contractors that are out there, distributed design teams are becoming more and more normal.

We need to come up with more and more innovative ways to bring the job site to them, connected into the information and bring forward a lot of the design value that is sometimes lost with the disparate data fields that are created in the Autodesk Department and then whatever construction management solution you have. So Cupix has been invaluable to our role tech stack.

[00:05:06]
Scott Anderson: Great. I really love that term in description to de-densifying the job site to maintain compliance with the era of COVID-19. For those in the audience, we're going to jump right into a presentation of the site view. Component of CupixWorks, like to introduce the name Moorthy, and give him a chance to give a background on himself, and show some of the technology that Cupix has, Vinay.

[00:05:34]
Vinay Moorthy: Hello. Hi everyone. My name is Vinay Moorthy, and I'm the Product Applications Engineer with Cupix. My background is in civil engineering and construction management, and I have a combined experience of around five years in design and field operations. My goal at Cupix is to recognize some of those stubborn construction workflows, and use Cupix to make it more efficient. Remember just because something works doesn't mean it can't be improved.

So that being said, I'm going to share my screen here, and show you what all the hype is about. What you see here is what we call our site view. It's going to be all the 360 majors that you take on your field and upload it to our Cloud-based software. Since this being a 360 image as expected, you are going to be able to look around, look up, like being able to zoom into the detail that's about ceilings. You can zoom into the details that's in wall.
The next main thing that you're going to notice is how buttery smooth the transitions from one panel to the other. You're just going to glide through them. This is because of each of our panel processing the spatial intelligence to it, and that's what enables the smooth transition. You can basically like easily walk into rooms, walk out of rooms.

This is what's enable you to do the virtual field walks. That being said, you are at this part of the building, and you can go all the way to the other side of the building by just one click and in one second, so it's like that fast. You can see all the visuals, you can do the smooth transition. Now that being said, you might have noticed, in order to move to the other side of the building, I used a small window here, and you can see the floor plan here.

This is the floor plan that you upload into Cupix, you can use as many number of floor plans that you want, and all that captures that you do, or the images that you have, is going to be transported to any of the floor plans that you upload. For example, you have the architectural floor plan here right now, but I can switch it to a different one by clicking here, and just going to any other floor plans that you have. I'll get back to that here in a second.

The next thing that I want to show you is the dates. You are going to do a multiple captures over the course of the project, and you can jump to different dates by clicking here, which is going to bring up a calendar, and when you go to different dates you can see some of them are circled. These are the ones where you have a capture available to you. So I can just simply click on that, and it's going to take me to the capture that was done there.

As you can notice, the first one that we were looking at had framing going up, and then more reference was going on, but right now the drywalls are being hung right now. It's the same thing, you can go to different locations like I showed you earlier. You can click here and go to different dates, or you can click here and click on capture list. That's going to show you the entire available captures and what dates they are on this particular floor.

Let's go back to the calendar view. The next thing that I want to show you is the comparison window. You can access this by going to the Side-by-Side Comparison tab here and clicking on it. Then, as you can see here, you can do anywhere from 2 window comparison to up to 4 window comparison. When I'm clicking on the "4 Window Comparison", you can see that all the windows are showing different dates: I have a September 3rd here, August 9th there, October 25th, and December 14th. So you can see the change that's happening.

You can see the framing going on on August 9th to the drywall being hung here, above sealing reference going on on October 25th, and the finished product on December 14th. The next thing that you're going to notice is, even when I move around and when I look around, you are getting the same exact visuals on all the 4 windows.

You can go into the map view and you can see that they are all taken at different locations. All the 360 photos here were taken at different locations, which comes to one of our differentiating factor that it's not required to take a 360 photo at the exact pinpoint location as you had done before.

As long as you have a panel or a 360 photo in the vicinity, you are able to get the same visuals because, as you can see here, even though they were not taken on the same spot, you're able to see the same images.
That brings to the highlight of our program, which is how all these 360 images or the panels are interconnected with each other, and that's what makes this possible. Let's jump onto a different floor. If your project is a multi-story building, you can simply go to the level tab here and jump to a different floor. It's that easy, and it's going to take you to the different floor that you want to access.

Let me close all the comparison windows here, and show you how the comparison view is possible and the spatial intelligence that each of the 360 imagery holds. In order to explain that, I'm going to switch from this panel view to the 3D mode. Let's turn to a different date. This is the floor plan of your job site. I'm going to zoom in here, and I'm going to enable the Panel Bubbles.

This is going to show up all the 360 photos that you took on this floor. If I am moving it like this, you can see all the 360 photos that you took are at the same elevation. But when you look here, you can see that they're at a different elevation, and that's because this was taken on a stairwell. You can see that how the person was going down the stairwell, or going up, and was taking these photos. All the 360 images that you're taking has spatial intelligence to it.

It shows how it exists in space and how they're tied to each other. This is what enables us to do the comparison view and the smooth transition and all those features that I was showing you earlier. Now, I'm going to handover the screen back to Scott. Thank you.

[00:13:13]
Scott Anderson: - Thank you, Vinay. That was great; Silky smooth, buttery smooth transitions. I saw the comparison view to a great extent, and you really nailed the 3D capability there with some of the examples you showed. That's going to be a good framework and good basis for jumping into some later examples that we'll get into, namely field operations, RFIs, quality and safety work coordination, so that's here to come. We'll continue on. Thank you, Vinay.

What we've got next is construction life cycle framework that I'll present. We'll go through this really briefly to show some of the value adds if Cupix, and Shane will be talking a little bit about the pre-construction side. The construction life cycle here, courtesy of Autodesk, is a design, pre-construction, field operations, and handover & operations framework.

Because this is a general contractors' webinar, not a architect webinar, nor a owners of facility management webinar, we're focusing on GCs today. Pre-construction, field operations, and I think this really should just say handover, are the areas that we're focusing on. But since we got Shane, it'd be really valuable for him to interject as much as possible. He's going to talk a little bit pre-construction side. I'll hand it over to Shane and one of his examples that he's using a dome.

[00:14:45]
Shane Flanagan: - Awesome. Thanks, Scott. As Scott mentioned, we've been leveraging Cupix for quite a while on the pre-construction side of the house, for us. As a TI contractor, we place a lot of time and effort on the overhead coordination.

A lot of these buildings do not have the best as-built, so we really rely upon the 360 photos generated in house within Cupix to help drive a lot of our coordination discussions. It's never been truer for that workflow in the code there because, unfortunately, we don't have the luxury of having 6 or 8 different general foremen for mechanical and framing traits, and electrical traits, to be on-site to drive these discussions, put their layout on the floor, and determine swim lanes.

We've been able to come up with a couple pretty novel workflows that leverage the as-built 2D drawings or the design drawings, connect them to time and space with 360 photos, and then able to develop swim lanes based upon system prioritization and some of the overarching benchmarks that we have on the project.

We've been able to have our overall coordination sessions within our sub meetings to help drive these conversations, then determine how we can best results from the clashes that are known on the drawings by just overlaying them in Procore, PlanGrid, or in the BIM 360 world.

This is just one workflow. It's a little sticky for us right now, but it's definitely developing, and the more and more that we have time to refine the process over more and more projects, we're going to be happy with where it goes in the future. This is just one way that you can help to drive value-added discussions with your subcontractors by leveraging Cupix, and coincidentally, marking up the drawings and annotating them and using geometry.

[00:16:32]
Scott Anderson: Great, thanks Shane for the insight into how Dome is using Cupix in an area of your project management and going into that. Today's topic more in depth is going to be on the field operation side, quality and safety, progress tracking, and work coordination. A way to describe this challenge with it's problem is to think about all the different roles and the different people that are on the job site or off the job site, the Subcontractors in the field, the Superintendents, and Project Engineers. They're fielding questions or sending them over the fence to the Project Management and Design Team and owners are always involved.

This communication, this back and forth, this exchange and figuring out what's happening on the job site versus what's not happening on the job site is ever more prevalent in post COVID era. It was certainly prevalent in the pre COVID era and will continue to be an issue for decades to come. Miscommunication, confusion, delay in decision making, these are things that we can help solve with a virtual jobs site and being able to answer questions and make actionable decisions by looking at a Cupix virtual tour.

What Cupix provides is this 3D buttery smooth and silky smooth 3D navigation tied together with a 360 view. By simply taking a weekly capture board on an as-needed basis, you can enable stakeholders to get a lot of value being remotely on a job site.

This fella is off the job site, he's working on his computer, he's got Cupix onscreen. He's able to look at issues and navigate in 3D and 360 like he's there. What Cupix is providing as a minimization of job site visits, which can reduce miscommunication because you can see everything that you want to see or go and navigate and view anything that you want to view and what this ultimately does is it saves time and money with speedier decisions, reduced mistakes, and just a more responsive actionable team that's putting the project together.

Some of the integrations, like integrations BIM 360, PlanGrid, and Procore are also essential area with BIM 360 currently integrated into Cupix. Shane, since you're here, I think it'd be great to give a little bit of insight into how the workplace has changed at home.

California is one of the first states in Santa Clara County where we are primarily as one of the first areas that had a major change in keeping job sites closed and keeping people off the roads and out of the office. How has work changed for Dome? Maybe you can comment on that a little bit.

[00:19:30]
Shane Flanagan: Yes. As we mentioned earlier, Dome has been very intentional and very mindful about how we want to systematically de-densify all of our job sites. That really means just making sure that we have the most essential people on our job sites and we don't have any superfluous folks floating around so that we can ultimately drive down the collective risk for folks with exposure to COVID-19 on the job site.

By us taking weekly scans, it's been able to minimize the amount of overall job site visits for our subcontractor pool so that they can plan their work more effectively, but still maintain the contextual relationship that they have with the job and a relationship of the existing conditions so they can plan their work. It's been adding more context because they can actually connect that last layer of information that you wouldn't otherwise get from reviewing 2D as-built or the 2D design drawings that are there.

We can also make teams more readily as a cohesive unit, not just as a subcontractor team, as a general contractor team. We've been using Cupix in our OAC minutes to resolve issues on the fly and our overhead coordination meetings, as we mentioned earlier. Then also just making sure that we can start to integrate inspectors over there.

I'm not sure for those other general contractors that are out there if they've had any issues with scheduling, or if they had any [inaudible 00:20:54] restriction, fire marshals, or anything like that, but it's been a real challenge for us. Bringing the job site to them and scheduling the Zoom meeting and having them fly through on a progress tracking cadence to just see where the jobs at and to get some milestone inspection sign-off you need in order to either close up overhead or close up walls.

It's been absolutely invaluable for us. It's really just an imperative portion of our tech stack that we're going to continue to invest in going forward and start to develop more and more sophisticated digital workflows that connect Cupix to Procore, to PlanGrid and to BIM 360 environment for us.

[00:21:32]
Scott Anderson: Thanks Shane, that insight's really valuable and I know that Dome's taking a large advantage of having the design data work through the job site and seeing some of those visuals along with [inaudible 00:21:45] and the BIM there too. We'll definitely be covering that a little bit later in this presentation when Vinay gets back online. What I want to show briefly is that this is not black magic in terms of creating these virtual tours.

Amazon exists, local retailers will be backed up by these cameras anywhere. One of the core pieces of the technology is an off the shelf camera, one that you can get for anywhere from $192 up to $1,000. We're on $300 to $400 is our sweet spot for the type of camera that we recommend for construction sites. Some of these higher-end cameras have a little too many bells and whistles for construction sites.

But anyways, I grab a camera, I get the Cupix app and you can start capturing. You do it yourself with an off-the-shelf 360 camera. We'll be getting into that a little bit more with how the capture takes place. But I want to hand it back over to Vinay because he's going to be showing some really powerful things with annotations and BIM 360 integration in this portion of the demo.

[00:22:57]
Vinay Moorthy: Hi. Thank you, Scott. This is something that I'm very excited about because I have spent a lot of time writing RFIs, creating field reports, safety issues, and all those things. I'll share my screen here. There are a couple of main features that sets apart Cupix and that makes us like a powerhouse and more than just visuals.

The first one is the annotation feature. You can access the Annotation tab by clicking here. What the Annotation tab does is it's going to help you or grant you this access to create any type of forms and this custom form creator it can match your RFI forms, issue report forms. It could be for safety incident reporting. No matter what the workflow is, you are able to create a form that's going to match what you have existing as part of your project.

As you can see here, I already have created some examples like the architect field report, the field issues RFI. The first step would be to create a group and you can do that by hitting "Add Group," and you can name it. For example, let me say that the one that I'm creating here is Virtual Field Work and I'm going to date it today.

I'm going to hit "Done." That's going to create a new group here. Once I get to this group, I can hit this "Add annotation." When I go to annotation, I can see all these forms and these are like custom forms that was created. Like I said earlier, it could be anything, RFIs, safety incident reporting, field issues, it could be anything.

You have those forms now readily accessible to be added on to any of these groups. Like I was mentioning earlier, there are certain features that we have that makes Cupix a powerhouse when it comes to AAC technology solutions and makes us something more than just a 3D visual software. The second thing or the highlight feature is like the BIM comparison.

You can access the Revit file or the Navisworks file where you did a clash detection that you have for your project by uploading into Cupix and you can access it by the BIM comparison window here. As you can see here, you can see like I was showing you earlier, the side-by-side comparison, you are going to get all the same features here. You can move around, you can look up, you can look down. Whenever you're moving around, you're still getting the same visuals.

You can zoom in, zoom out, and if you want, you can un-sync it and get a different view of what's going on. But you can sync it back and it's going to be the exact same view. You can also move around and it's still going to be the same visuals.

Now, since I've showed you guys that, let's get into some of the workflows. Going to this annotation tab here, I see that the architect had created a field report, which is one of the benefits of having Cupix that you don't necessarily have to be on the site. The architect was able to do this from his office by virtually walking the job site.

As he was virtually walking the job site, he came across a couple of issues and he had some concerns so he created a field report right there. Let's take some of this as an example. This item here says that the card reader access locations need changed. He's asking us to see the attached sketch, which is also something that Cupix enables us to do, which is attaching a sketch that also has the markup feature.

As you can see here, it's pretty straightforward how the architect is wanting to move the card reader from this wall to over here. That's pretty straightforward. Let's take a different example. This one here says that the equipment location is going to change. He's saying that on the upcoming updated drawing says the equipment's on this side of the wall is going to change. Let's take a look at the sketch.

This is pretty detailed. He has the BIM comparison open here and he's saying that this cabinet is going over here or it could also mean that he's deleting this one and moving it completely over there.

Since I'm not entirely sure what's going to happen and I already have the drywall up and I want to know what the exact detail is going to be because I need to provide the backing for this casework that's going on here, I'm going to officially start this documentation process by creating an RFI. All I have to do is go to the RFI tab, hit "Add Annotation," go to the RFI template, and I'm going to name this RFI. I'm just going to delete the number here saying RFI 20 and then I'm going to set the subject as sweet C lab E site document change.

I'm going to write the question saying that as recorded on the field report, the equipment is going to be rearranged but since it's not clear, can you pick and choose from some of the options that we are going to provide. I'm going to give the due date, say a week and a half from now and this is going to be an architectural type. Now again, this can completely match whatever format you have for your RFI. I'm going to hit "Save".

This RFI is created here. Now you see the spin here, you can relocate it to any point that you want. I'm going to pick a new point which is somewhere closer there. I'm going to do that and then I'm going to do the BIM comparison because I need to create that multiple sketch. How this is going to help me do is come over here, take a look at the equipment that's here. I can basically pick all the equipment's that I have a question on and I'm going to transport it. Now, this is what is as a game-changer.

This is super exciting because you are able to transport any objects that you have in your BIM model into the Cupix view. Now think about how big of a deal this is when it comes to MEP clash detections or making sure to check if a casework fits between the space that you have. All this, you don't have to be on-site to do it. You can just check from your office if you're off-site. This also brings me to the next thing about the measurement accuracy, that Cupix has.

If I check the measurement of casework here and the bim view, it's showing me that it's close to 19 foot here. I'm going to take the measurement here and it's simple as picking two points. You can see how close they are. That's also another powerful feature that you have in Cupix. In order to finish the RFI, I'm going to bring this equipment here again, which is going to let me move it around. This is also a game-changer.

You can actually move around the objects that you just transported from your BIM model and you can move around to see how much space you have, how much clearance you need. I'm going to take a couple of screenshots of these and add it to my RFI, and what it's going to end up looking like. It's going to be this. I have a couple of options which is going to help the architects answer it really fast.

The first option I'm asking him is is this cabinet going to completely move over here and it's just going to get deleted? Or my second option, which is if it's going to get duplicated on the other side. Now, if it's one of these two options, what do you did, is cut down the time significantly for the architect to just give you a simple answer. Yes, there is going to be two cabinets, or with all these powerful features that you have, I think you think the architect can move around items, see how much clearance he has. If he has to move the casework across the room, he can do that.

You are making it, the process easier for the architect, which is going to help you get your answer faster. That's what clause or what we look at is moving on from a field report to the RFI. The next thing I want to show you is some of the field issues I have created. Like I said, the whole idea is to enable someone offsite to virtually be on site as I was virtually walking the job site.

Now, this could be me as an architect or me as a project engineer, or a project manager and I'm working on job site, I could see simple issues like the cables lying around on the floor and I'm going to quickly create a safety item saying this needs to be hanged overhead and that this is a trip hazard. It's as simple as that and you can pin it here, you can take a screenshot, however you want to go about it. I told you there are a couple of features that makes Cupix a powerhouse.

The first one that I showed you was the annotation feature. The second one that I showed you was the BIM compare also the BIM transport and being able to move around the objects in the Cupix visuals. The third thing that makes Cupix a powerhouse is our integration. We are integrating with all the major PM softwares; Procore, BIM 360, and PlanGrid. How that integration is going to work is you're going to match the RFI forms or the issue form that you have, say for example, in BIM 360 and being able to create issue in Cupix and being able to transport it to the BIM 360 effortlessly. I'm going to show you a quick example.

Let's take this issue. This issue here says that the insulation is torn and it needs to be fixed. As you can see here, I told you earlier how you can pin the issue to the location where it's happening. It doesn't necessarily have to be on the ground. If the issue is something that's about ceiling, that's where you're going to pin it.

If a person comes to this room and if this issue is selected, even if I move around, it brings my attention right back to the issue no matter where I'm looking. That's a nifty feature that we have. Coming back to the integration part, how can you create an issue and put it on BIM 360? Now that's going to be as simple as clicking on Add Annotation, go into the BIM 360 tab here and clicking on issue.

Now, this is going to bring me to the template that's going to match what you have in BIM 360. I'm going to quickly create this issue, name it as dielectric stone installation. This is more of a quality issue so I'm going to put that there, quality and I'm going to hit "Next". As soon as I hit Next, what it's going to do is take me to the item that you just created in the project that you have already linked with the Cupix work.

Take an issue here. This BIM 360 issue, I can open it in BIM 360 from Cupix. When I hit that, it's going to take you here and you can search for it. You can search BIM 360 issue the same name that you had there. I'm going to click on that and when you open the item, you can see how there's a description for a link that's going to take you back to Cupix.

I can simply click on that and it's going to take me right back to that location where that issue was created in Cupix. This integration is really lateral, you can move from either Cupix to the BIM 360 or right from BIM 360 back to Cupix. That's how smooth the transition is going to be. That's all I had to show for now. Thank you.

[00:37:35]
Scott Anderson: Great. Thank you. Shane, I know that we're going to be showing some videos about the capture technique. Do you want to comment at all on what Vinay's been presenting?

[00:37:47]
Shane Flanagan: Yeah, that's a great segue Vinay. We had been using similar workflows on the quality side. Obviously one of our big value-added points that we use in marketing, but then also from an operational perspective is that we strive for minimal punch list since a lot of our clients tend to be in a the life sciences industry as well as the health care industry. They don't have a lot of time between substantial completion in that first day of business because they are trying to activate those assets as quickly as possible.

By having continual built-in quality program, we're able to address these issues as they're created or on daily walks and such. Then also validate different portions of the design through the finish installation is very valuable for us at Dome, especially on some of these bigger projects that are getting larger and larger from a dollar perspective and getting shorter and shorter from a scheduled perspective. A couple of those projects that were shown earlier in South San Francisco were projects in excess of $70 million and less than 8 months of schedule. A

gain, having these digital workflows that reduce the overall time from issue creation to solution is absolutely invaluable to us as a company.

[00:39:03]
Scott Anderson: Thanks for interjecting and explaining some of the other ways that Domes using Cupix works. I'm going to take it from here for a little bit and get into how this capture takes place. We remove some of the black magic and explain how these captures take place and how you can do it yourself.

There's basically three methods that allow Do It Yourself Capture, a single shot, which is basically just holding a camera and taking a photo, a video shot where you can have a camera running and collecting video as you walk through the job site in a multi shot. Each of these has advantages and disadvantages in terms of speed, clarity of imagery, and the silky smooth, buttery smooth, walk-through.

We like to use the term Matterport. It's well-known in the real estate industry and we basically match that butter smooth, walk-through. When we're talking about navigation, we're going to be talking about that. Let's go into a couple of the cases first starting with a single shot method and just show you how this works. This fella is just walking around and he just takes the camera. Looks the app, plugs in where he's at and takes the shot. That's as simple as it is. He would go into a room, plug in where he's at and take the shot.

A single shot, you pin a position you give yourself on the reference plan this of course, is using the Cupix mobile app. If you want to figure out the walls are painted or if there's a safety issue, all you need is that single shot on it. It does allow the Matterport virtual style walk-through. But since you're just taking a photo here and a photo there, having this continuous walk-through isn't really possible or as possible or as efficient with a single shot. It's larger jumps that you're taking, you're taking larger jumps between shots.

Since a single shot doesn't have this photos that are tied together like in a video shot frame or a multi shot frame. You don't get 3D measurements, but the advantage is image quality is nice and crisp. The capture time is immediate. The processing time, even though we have a 10 minutes there, it's basically immediate processing, so you immediately have the photo available for you. That's a single shot and it's really used for sparse capture.

You can use it pretty much whenever you need. The video shot is a workflow where you're sticking video camera either to your helmet or carrying around a camera on a pole. This is sped up a little bit just for the sake of time, but just walk through the job site. If you want to get something close to an area or you just want a sparse walk through. You can do that.

But it's as simple as just walking through the jobs site. In darker areas, you might go a little bit slower. If you're trying to get close to something, you might get a little bit slower for the crispiness of the image, but it's pretty easy to use the video shot. This workflow for video is extensible indoors and outdoors as well. This is a sped-up image of a roof capture, where we're capturing much more than the 3000 square feet a minute.

We're somewhere around, 15 to 20,000 square feet. We're in the range of half a million square feet in R using this method. Depending on the environment, depending on how you're capturing, you can literally capture enormous volumes of space up to 500,000 square feet using Cupix. Both these methods or the video shot methods and it's as simple as turning on the video mode on the Cupix Capture app. You can take it weekly or as needed.

You definitely get that silky, smooth Matterport like walk-through because there's a lot of information. If you want to turn left, you can click on, turn right, you can, and you do get 3D measurement. The image quality is degraded a little bit just by the nature of video.

Videos never going to be as crisp as individual photos. The speed is substantially faster than a single shot method with the processing time, that doesn't make you wait that long. If you capture in a hundreds of thousands of square feet, you can expect to have the data processed relatively quickly.

The capture workflows, you're just going to take a couple of minutes or a minute, or a couple of minutes of capture at a time, and then upload them all to the Cloud and in a short order you have the video shot towards available for you. It's important to point out the single shot, the multi shot and the video shot all have the same type capability in terms of them compare, time-based comparisons, walking and navigating through the site has showed earlier in the demonstration. The multi shot is the third type of do it yourself capture.

Then this type of capture involves getting closer to an object or getting closer to within a room. Say for an RFI, maybe you want to get some detail around a piece of equipment or some detail around a window or a door or in the room. The multi-shots where you can take detailed images all with individual photos uploaded into Cupix and Cupix will solve location of every photo thus captured. You can take these photos walking around and what's really nice about this method is sticking the camera out in any location lies in the, any perspective that you need to set.

Want to show the camera up above the ceiling or down below a few piece of equipment. You can do all that and you don't even have to hold the camera vertical. You can hold the camera at any angle. Another advantage of Cupix and our processing algorithms.

This gets uploaded into the Cupix and you've got something that's a process very quickly, is going to be these nice crisp images is going to be very measurable as your stakeholders analyzing the data. Multi-shot, take a lot of photos and you can do it weekly or as needed. You get the silky smooth virtual tour, whether that's within a room or up and down around a piece of equipment. 3d measurements going to be the best around here and image quality because it's photos are going to be nice and crisp. Processing times really quick.

The capture time on just takes a minute or two to capture an area. It's just a brief point on the measurement. You might be using the measurements for clearance checks. Your ceiling height checks are in wall, locating objects in wall. That's all part of the measurement tool and what you might be using the measurements for.

What this all comes down to you and I think why we're all here is this is a way to save time and money with technology. We showed some of the workflows that are possible with Cupix. We showed how the capture can take place and how you can generate those virtual tours. Shane is given a couple of examples of how Dome has been using Cupix on their job sites. Now, what we have here represents a whole teams to time-saving.

We're not talking about an individual GC, and we're talking more broadly, the architects to subcontractors, the owners, and the GCs that are taking advantage of the time savings and the cost savings that you can get from a Cupix. Annual expenses on an average construction project for high priority or RFI.

By saving time from architect driving to the job site, driving back to the job site for miscommunication and communication lives that can go on. You're talking about large savings for your project team on high priority RFIs that demand a response immediately. The advantage is it's going to be some time-saving, some cost-savings along side, responsive miss improvements. That's where we get a faster RFI turnaround.

Well, part of the title of this webinar for regular RFIs that are lower priority that happen more frequently or change orders or risk mitigation. Value ads or field reports or other workflows that are happening on the job site for punch list. To close out.

What we're looking at in these five items are big savings from Cupix for the job and the entire team compared to the traditional way of doing things. Just because the traditional way works doesn't mean that you've got to stick to it with Cupix works, you can have more responsive job site. Have big time savings, which equate to money savings for a typical construction project. We'll wrap it up there. I want to think that Dome and Shane for joining us and Vinay for joining us as well. We're going to answer a couple of question and answers earlier.

You might have seen the Q and A area inside of the panel. You've got a couple of questions lined up as well. I'll be moderating those and going through those and asking the group they can respond. We have early access program available for Cupix. If you're interested in joining please respond to the e-mail that's been sent out. If you haven't entered your email, just send us a quick email, how to reach myself or the team here at Cupixs. We'll start to get involved in early access program.

You can do some amazing things in Asia and in a dome is experiencing yourself. Again, there's some question and answers here now, and I'll try to get to a couple of these. Some of these had been answered already. But in terms of what? This is an easy one, what does it cost to get started? What type of cameras are recommended? I think I can answer this. But lets get another voice in your Q & A or do you want to comment on the type of cameras in what you might recommend to get started.

[00:49:22]
Vinay Moorthy: We do support a wide variety of cameras. It all depends upon what you're willing to spend and what type of image quality that you are trying to get out of it. You can find cameras anywhere from the 200 range to all the way through like a 1000 range. But if you are planning to do like video recording others ones that we support as like Mad Venture, Wi, and instead 360X or they are. But as long as you're just looking for like the 360 photos, it depends upon, again, what you're looking for.

The image quality, if you're trying to get like HDR type of image quality, I would recommend like the RICOH THETA . But if it's like just the normal photos, you can pick like the regular Theta or a Madv which would come around the 250 range. We do support a wide variety of cameras, but it depends upon what your project is willing to spend on it and what you are trying to get out of it.

[00:50:26]
Scott Anderson: Great. Thank you Vinay. Another question here is related to, seems taking measurements to create 3D facility plans or create a floor plan from the geometry. We have a second webinar that's scheduled for Friday of this week. We're really going to dive into architectural workflows. This was more of a construction workflow.

The seminar later this week is also hosted by a Cupix team member with some different industry that is an architect. They're going to get into some of the ways that As-built are being developed and some of the constructability benefits that can happen with Cupix. Shane, obviously covered some of the constructability benefits for swim lanes and working with this novel measurement workflow. That's, something that we'll cover a little bit later.

Shane, feel free to ask that question and we'll get you involved in the other webinar, but that's it, that answers that. Another question is how do you get setup? That's going to tie into, how do you set up a project? I guess this is referring to the BIM models and working with the BIM models and sheets and level. We didn't really cover that within sight, you were showing more of what we can get from the software, but maybe Vinay this is a good question is for you, how do we work with a sheet or a BIM model? How do those get into the system? Maybe you can explain how easy or difficult that is.

[00:52:13]
Vinay Moorthy: Yeah, sure. The whole idea is, what we want to do is like minimum effort from the GC side, so the setting up process it's not difficult at all. When you set up your project in Cupix, the things that we look for, the basic ones are like floor plans and we are going to scale it and set coordinates because like I showed earlier, you can switch between floor plans and you are still able to see the visuals in correlation to the floor plan. How that happens is by setting up a coordinate system to the floor plan.

It's not difficult at all. We can either send you a step-by-step tutorial like a PDF file or something or if you want us to do it at something, we can setup for you in a half an hour, or even if it's a really big project it's not difficult at all. The setting of the floor plan itself or scaling itself, it's just only going to take you a couple of minutes, but if your project do have a BIM model from like a rabbit file or an ABIS work file, we can bring that in.

You can upload that and match the same coordinates that you had set for the floor plan so that you are getting that side-by-side comparison with the BIM model that you have. Again, it's not a difficult process at all. It's something that you can do it by yourself by following the step-by-step tutorial that we can send you or we can set it up for you.

[00:53:47]
Shane Flanagan: Scott, do you mind if I just build of on this?

[00:53:51]
Scott Anderson: I would love for you to.

[00:53:53]
Shane Flanagan: The ability to toggle between different sheets in your plan set is an absolute game changer. I've pretty much tried everything under the sun with regards to 360 photos and they would tie that back into the drawing sets and very few applications have been able to handle that level of functionality as seamlessly as Cupix's.

Because I'm sure that everyone can appreciate it, who's done overhead coronation in wall coronation but on different sheets matter at different times of the job. Being able to go between your architectural set, your mechanical, your electrical, your plumbing or process, and your fire expression set and also reference your RC pieces just so easy, it really makes things very seamless, especially for your superintendents doing quality checks in the field.

[00:54:33]
Scott Anderson: Thank you, Shane. It's really valuable. We're hearing from Vinay just get the files uploaded and whether it's a rabbit or a sheet from whatever trade it is Cupix crunches that and makes it available to you and Shane agreed and said why that's valuable because you have different sheets that are important in different times, different CAD models and the models that are important in different times.

Great question. Okay, we'll see you. I think we are going pretty long here. Thanks everybody for staying in. We've got about one last question. Owner hand-off question. How would you rephrase this? How would you share the data for owner hand-off? How is that helpful? Let's go with that question and leave that as a wrap-up in fittingly because after the project's done, I want to hand the data off to the owner. Vinay I'll give you a chance one more time if you don't mind filling in that question and Shane again feel free to interject anything.

[00:55:32]
Vinay Moorthy: Definitely. When it comes to owner handover and leaving, the things that they are looking for mainly it's going to be like the en vol and above ceiling before the tribal and the ceiling covers head and maybe if you had a big CP or like the mechanical room, the O&M manuals and warranty information and all that for the [inaudible 00:55:57] inside the mechanical room. These two are probably going to be like a dedicated capture.

The best practice would be to create. When you're creating the side view, you can actually pick and choose what floor that you want to show them and in-between what dates. If you're picking the dates just for when you have the en vol visuals or the above ceiling visuals and that dedicated capture that you did for the mechanical or the CP room, that's the only thing that you need to share with the owner.

It's going to be very precise and specific to exactly what they're looking for. It's going to be a very simple process and they can access it with just the link that you're sharing it with them. Do you have anything to add to that Shane?

[00:56:51]
Shane Flanagan: You covered great Vinay. Thanks so much.

[00:56:55]
Vinay Moorthy: Before we close up, I see a question here asking about the Procore integration. Just wanted to mention that, excuse me one second. I'm going to share my screen here real quick. That Procore integration is going to be the same way I showed you the BIM integration here.

When you're adding and creating an issue and along with the BIM 360, you are going to see a protocol tap so you're going to create an issue and in slope like opening in BIM 360, you can click on that where this opens up the BIM 360 right now and you can see the same issue there. Instead of this, it will be Procore.

You are going to see a similar link there, which when you click on it, it's going to take you back into Cupix and you are going to see the same issue there. The integration, like the communication is going to be lateral like back and forth between Cupix and Procore and it's going to be these exact same way that we've been showing for the BIM 360.

[00:58:03]
Scott Anderson: Great. Thank you so much Vinay. That's going to wrap up our time here. I wanted to thank our panelists once again Shane Flanagan from Dome Construction and Vinay Moorthy from Cupix. Thank you gentlemen for joining us today.

[00:58:20]
Shane Flanagan: Thanks so much for having us.

[00:58:23]
Scott Anderson: And thanks to the audience for joining us. We hope that you got some value from the webinar and we'll be following up with an e-mail for any of those that are interested in joining the early access program. Signing off.