Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdobeAffinity Photo EditorEditing SoftwarePano2VRPhotoshopSoftware

End of spherical panorama editing on Photoshop15427

aidanashby private msg quote post Address this user
Adobe announced today that they will be discontinuing Photoshop's 3D features, shifting 3D tools over to their Substance line of 3D products as they use more stable native GPU APIs. According to their article, in the future we won't be able to edit spherical panoramas purely in Photoshop. I expect there may be some tie-in between Photoshop, Lightroom and one of the Substance applications that will allow editing of 360° panoramic images?

I'm unfamiliar with Substance 3D apps. Does anyone have any experience with those apps (Substance 3D Painter?) and suggestions on what us Adobe users should learn to prepare us to no longer rely on Photoshop for panorama editing, or other suggestions to replace Photoshop?
Post 1 IP   flag post
trueview360s private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like just another way to make us pay more.
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/3d-augmented-reality.html

I have never used the 3D editing in Photoshop. I use Pano2VR export to Photoshop to edit as needed.
Post 2 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
It never worked correctly anyway. The solution is to pay a one-time $55 fee for Affinity Photo editor which is not only excellent at editing 360 photos but can do a lot of Photoshop functions as well or better (and simpler to use).
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
TouchReTouch for Mac is an inexpensive though lightweight pano editor that makes editing a breeze
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Does Affinity come with content awareness fill and Nadir logo patching? I barely touch Photoshop and 99% I use it only to fill holes with content awareness. However I'd like to have something to put a logo at Nadir as a batch processing. Usually I use Pano2VR Pro to do it or use in camera(Pilot Era) patching.

And still sometimes I just need to patch 360s from my DSLR that are not going to be a part of a tour created with Pano2VR Pro.
Post 5 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
Affinity has a great content aware fill on 360 photos which is why I use it. There are multiple options to select from to help match the area to be filled. I don't use a logo patch so I've never tried it but I'm sure it can do a better job than Photoshop on 360 for that too.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Good riddance :-) I love photoshop but I think that anything that it does poorly needs to go. The kitchen sink approach is one that I do really like :-) But if an expensive piece of software like Photoshop delivers a slow and clunky solution That barely anyone knows anything about, it's time to chop the feature!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
if an expensive piece of software like Photoshop delivers a slow and clunky solution That barely anyone knows anything about, it's time to chop the feature!

If the software is expensive they should build something better or cut the price.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Photoshop/Lightroom are well worth the measly $10/month they charge.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html
Post 10 IP   flag post
Here's a thorough workflow tutorial that replaces Adobe applications with others:
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: The NEW BEST 360 Photo Editing Workflow | Video courtesy of Ben Claremont YouTube Channel | 2 September 2021

From the Ben Claremont YouTube Channel

Photoshop has now DISCONTINUED their 360 photo editing mode, which was a popular editing solution for 360 & virtual tour photographers alike. So in this video i’ll share NEW workflows that avoid Photoshop completely AND provide a better overall 360 editing experience.

Source: Ben Claremont YouTube Channel

Your thoughts?

Dan

To save 15 percent on Virtual Tour Pro course by Ben Claremont, use this WGAN Affiliate Link for Virtual Tour Pro Course and Coupon Code: WGANVTP

Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?