Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppDigital Twin CreatorReal EstateScanningScans

Anyone use Matterport or other 3D Scanning Software / Products?15372

REsearch private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to get your input on your experiences with 3D scanning software. If you use Matterport, why do you chose it over others? Do you use any alternatives?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport is an all-in-one ecosystem that simplifies the 3D scanning process. Aside from some extra legwork in the post-production process it seems to be the most elegant and definitive piece of technology. However it can be drastically expensive.

There are hundreds of other possibilities when deploying a 3D virtual tour from the hardware you're using to the software. This is hands down the type of business where you need to get your feet wet and try a bunch of different programs and processes to find the one that works best for you.

And even then something new is going to appear. It's a positively ever evolving niche market.

Despite having tried out many of these these different opportunities, Matterport is my go-to. And if you're thinking about getting into the 3D business and market to real estate agents, you better make sure photography is your number one offer, because that's what most people are going to get.
Post 2 IP   flag post
BrokerBruce private msg quote post Address this user
I agree on 2 counts. 1 that Matterport is the gold standard and 2, that it is VERY pricey. I sold my Matterport and after investigating others settled on Inside Maps due to its pay-as-you-go feature. I'm having great results with it using my Iphone 12 Pro.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
Bruce,
Can you provide a website for that service? If they are pay as you go, I’d like to check them out. IMHO, more businesses need to offer this instead of subscriptions.
Post 4 IP   flag post
clickable text This is a link to one of mine. I'm a Realtor so I use these strictly in the MLS and marketing pieces. They also have the floor plans
https://www.insidemaps.com/project/FPFmsBe0VF/listing?env=production This tour was shot on a really crummy, overcast, drizzly day but the color and lighting came out great thanks to HDR.
If you want to try them out they offer a free trial that I don't suggest you use because it is a really low quality. I called them when I saw the crappy result and they explained that to me. My paid projects have been fine. This is the closest, most reasonable, product to Matterport providing the closest to their walk through tour I could find. You can use a variety of cameras. Careful with the rotator though.
It isn't as sturdy as I would like but it works. I dropped mine on concrete along with my new Pro 12. The Pro 12 was fine but the piece holding the camera broke. Called them, sent the unit in, they fixed it for a nominal fee. Customer service has been very responsive so far. Hope this helps.
Post 5 IP   flag post
https://www.insidemaps.com/project/7NBKn6epQa/listing?env=production This is a link to one of mine. I'm a Realtor so I use these strictly in the MLS and marketing pieces. They also have the floor plans
https://www.insidemaps.com/project/FPFmsBe0VF/listing?env=production This tour was shot on a really crummy, overcast, drizzly day but the color and lighting came out great thanks to HDR.
If you want to try them out they offer a free trial that I don't suggest you use because it is a really low quality. I called them when I saw the crappy result and they explained that to me. My paid projects have been fine. This is the closest, most reasonable, product to Matterport providing the closest to their walk through tour I could find. You can use a variety of cameras. Careful with the rotator though.
It isn't as sturdy as I would like but it works. I dropped mine on concrete along with my new Pro 12. The Pro 12 was fine but the piece holding the camera broke. Called them, sent the unit in, they fixed it for a nominal fee. Customer service has been very responsive so far. Hope this helps. InsideMaps.com is the website
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Saugatuck, Michigan
fotoguy private msg quote post Address this user
We use MP mainly because the quality is so great with the MP2 camera. We usually outsource the floorplans to Captur3d. We often get calls for floor plans and photos. I would love to find a company that does a good job and charges as you go. Most are on a subscription basis.
Post 7 IP   flag post
REsearch private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR What other products have you used? How did they compare / did any other come close? I appreciate the input!
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@REsearch like a lot of people I endured the long wait time to acquire a Theta Z1. Then I finally put it into action with Zillow and experimented a few other times. Within the Matterport ecosystem, the Theta Z1 fails to deliver at the level the Pro 2 3D will and does. I have a keen eye and there is no comparison.

I'll try to make good use of my Theta Z1 however with my subscription to 3DVista with custom virtual tours.

I would never attempt a professional 3D visualization from any smartphone camera from any make.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?